Liberal Redneck

Where no two people are likely to agree.
User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 pm

Don't know if you guys of heard of this guy. He calls himself a "Liberal Redneck." I find him really funny.

This is his take on the Muslim Ban that didn't take.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o22OVZOx8-s

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29290
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Gord » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:32 am

"Lord Commander Marmalade". :heh:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Here's more about Trump's "donation" of his salary.

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/1494093007350415/

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4807
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Tom Palven » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Here's a pretty good interview with Trae Crowder:
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/m ... r-42982296

The Liberal Redneck Manifesto: Draggin' Dixie Outta the Dark is a serious, constructive book, by Trae Crower and two other stand-up comics.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Don't know if you guys of heard of this guy. He calls himself a "Liberal Redneck." I find him really funny.

This is his take on the Muslim Ban that didn't take.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o22OVZOx8-s


Funny? No. Laughable? Yes.

0:00 – 0:50

President Trump did not “ban Muslims”, he placed a temporary travel ban on people from seven countries that are majority Muslim. All of these countries are either infested with terrorist groups willing and able to commit violence against Americans if given the opportunity, or their governments support such terrorist groups. The aim of the temporary travel ban(s) is to give the US time to develop more stringent vetting procedures so that terrorists from these countries can be prevented from entering the US without also preventing entry of non-terrorists from the same countries.

The countries to which the ban applies account for less than 10% of the world’s Muslim population. The idea that you are “banning” a group of people when you are still letting more than 90% of them enter your country is so utterly idiotic that I cannot help but feel vicarious embarrassment for anyone who actually believes it. As for why the ban didn’t include other countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, our liberal redneck friend should remember that President Trump’s actions are necessarily constrained by political realities, and that libtards like himself would be even more filled with idiotic misplaced self-righteous fury if the ban had applied to a larger number of Muslims or a larger number of majority Muslim countries.

The liberal redneck simply asserts that we shouldn’t ban people from entering the US based on nationality, never bothering to explain why . Leaving aside the fact that he has suddenly abandoned the “Muslim ban” angle because it momentarily suits his argument to do so, I can only assume that the liberal redneck thinks a person’s “right” to enter and squat in your house overrides your right to own your house. Well, I guess that would explain how he can afford to live in Commiefornia…

0:50 – 1:15

The liberal redneck might be surprised to find out that the plaque on the Statue of Liberty is not a legally binding document! The ban does not “literally ruin the lives of a bunch of people” any more than me locking my house ruins the life of someone who is being attacked by a mugger down the road. On the other hand, if I leave my front door wide open then the mugger is free to follow the victim into my house, and then the violent mugger is in a prime position to ruin my life as well.

The liberal redneck would not have been turned away at the state line if Commiefornia had a similar travel ban – unless, that is, the redneck believes that he has a divine mandate to murder Americans and impose Sharia law on the US. The redneck’s comparison to a hypothetical scenario of people being turned away at the state line because they might burn crosses is ludicrous because 1) burning crosses is nowhere near as bad as burning people, 2)Trump supporters do not have a common holy book or belief system which encourages them to burn crosses or people, and 3) Trump supporters are much less likely to burn crosses than jihadis are to burn people anyway.

1:16 – 1:29

The ban does not define any group of people by the worst among them, rather it is a temporary risk management measure designed to prevent that the worst among those seven countries from entering the country and doing harm to Americans. This might be a mind-bending concept for the redneck and his fellow libtards to understand, but the point of nations is that they prioritize the well-being of their own people over people of other nations! I would be very interested to know if the redneck also believes that gun owners shouldn’t be “defined by the worst among us”, or if he applies this maxim only when it suits his liberal politics…

1:29 – 2:10

The redneck liberal hastily erects a Straw Man version of Trump supporters (“the base”) and proceeds to attack it in earnest. He does this by pointing out all the ways that (his Straw Man version of) Trump supporters are just like the people who are affected by the travel ban, which is curious because if he thinks that Trump supporters are “the shittiest of American redneck bigots” then why would he want more people just like Trump supporters in the country??

Trump supporters are passionately supportive of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, whereas Muslims subscribe to an ideology which vehemently opposes just about everything these documents stand for. The redneck’s claim that Trump supporters and Muslims are “two sides of the same ideological coin” is not only preposterous, it is a textbook example of Leftists’ penchant for breathtaking hypocrisy and projection.

2:11 – End

The redneck has another swipe at his Straw Man when he talks about how “the base” and fundamentalist Muslims both like to drive around firing their guns. However he conveniently neglects to mention that fundamentalist Muslims are much more inclined to point their guns at other people while doing so.

The redneck repeats his demonstrably imbecilic claim that those horrible Trump supporters “ain’t much difference” from Muslims, yet in the next breath he says that he sympathises with the Muslims affected by the ban! You gotta love that liberal logic…

Near the end of his sanctimonious high-horse rant, the redneck calls the travel ban “the most fundamentally un-American act in my living memory”. Really?? More un-American than the illegal invasion of Iraq, trying to destabilize other secular regimes in the mid-east, the Patriot Acts, Obama’s wiretapping, Obama’s appeasement of Iran, Hillary stealing the Democratic Presidential nomination from Bernie Sanders, and all the other temporary travel bans implemented by previous Presidents including Obama? The liberal redneck must have a very poor memory!
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:55 am

Venerable must be cranky with all the winning Trump is doing lately.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:59 am

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Don't know if you guys of heard of this guy. He calls himself a "Liberal Redneck." I find him really funny.

This is his take on the Muslim Ban that didn't take.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o22OVZOx8-s


Funny? No. Laughable? Yes.



It's called comedy, poo van {!#%@}. Comedy means that the comedian will exaggerate in order to cause his audience to laugh. It's not meant to be taken as a civics lesson.

What's the matter? Tired of all the winning yet?

:rotfl:

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:53 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Don't know if you guys of heard of this guy. He calls himself a "Liberal Redneck." I find him really funny.

This is his take on the Muslim Ban that didn't take.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o22OVZOx8-s


Funny? No. Laughable? Yes.



It's called comedy, poo van {!#%@}. Comedy means that the comedian will exaggerate in order to cause his audience to laugh. It's not meant to be taken as a civics lesson.


So what exactly was he exaggerating about, in your view? And once you remove this exaggeration component, is there anything resembling a meaningful argument left?

What's the matter? Tired of all the winning yet?


Not in the least 8-)
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 am

Venerable poo van {!#%@} wrote:
So what exactly was he exaggerating about, in your view? And once you remove this exaggeration component, is there anything resembling a meaningful argument left?


In my view he's a funny guy. I'm not going to analyse his humor for you, poo. If you can't get it it's not surprising.



What's the matter? Tired of all the winning yet?

Not in the least 8-)


I'd feel the same way if I was a brain dead Trumpling.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable poo van {!#%@} wrote:
So what exactly was he exaggerating about, in your view? And once you remove this exaggeration component, is there anything resembling a meaningful argument left?


In my view he's a funny guy. I'm not going to analyse his humor for you, poo. If you can't get it it's not surprising.


So there's no meaningful argument left once you remove the exaggeration. That's what I thought...
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable poo van {!#%@} wrote:
So what exactly was he exaggerating about, in your view? And once you remove this exaggeration component, is there anything resembling a meaningful argument left?


In my view he's a funny guy. I'm not going to analyse his humor for you, poo. If you can't get it it's not surprising.


So there's no meaningful argument left once you remove the exaggeration. That's what I thought...


Look, I understand you are really dense. If you don't get it that is a you problem.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable poo van {!#%@} wrote:
So what exactly was he exaggerating about, in your view? And once you remove this exaggeration component, is there anything resembling a meaningful argument left?


In my view he's a funny guy. I'm not going to analyse his humor for you, poo. If you can't get it it's not surprising.


So there's no meaningful argument left once you remove the exaggeration. That's what I thought...


Look, I understand you are really dense. If you don't get it that is a you problem.


Well, you see Jeff, the problem is that pretty much everything he says in that video is exaggeration. Or, to put it more frankly, pretty much everything he says is a Straw Man. So if his video accomplishes nothing other erecting and tearing down Straw men, then what is the point?
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable poo van {!#%@} wrote:
So what exactly was he exaggerating about, in your view? And once you remove this exaggeration component, is there anything resembling a meaningful argument left?


In my view he's a funny guy. I'm not going to analyse his humor for you, poo. If you can't get it it's not surprising.


So there's no meaningful argument left once you remove the exaggeration. That's what I thought...


Look, I understand you are really dense. If you don't get it that is a you problem.


Well, you see Jeff, the problem is that pretty much everything he says in that video is exaggeration. Or, to put it more frankly, pretty much everything he says is a Straw Man. So if his video accomplishes nothing other erecting and tearing down Straw men, then what is the point?


Uh, the point is to make people laugh...

Wow, does hating Muslims strip away your capacity to laugh, poo?
Are you incapable of acknowledging humor, regardless of the source?

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable poo van {!#%@} wrote:
So what exactly was he exaggerating about, in your view? And once you remove this exaggeration component, is there anything resembling a meaningful argument left?


In my view he's a funny guy. I'm not going to analyse his humor for you, poo. If you can't get it it's not surprising.


So there's no meaningful argument left once you remove the exaggeration. That's what I thought...


Look, I understand you are really dense. If you don't get it that is a you problem.


Well, you see Jeff, the problem is that pretty much everything he says in that video is exaggeration. Or, to put it more frankly, pretty much everything he says is a Straw Man. So if his video accomplishes nothing other erecting and tearing down Straw men, then what is the point?


Uh, the point is to make people laugh...


Laugh at what exactly?? Laugh at rednecks? It's been done to death (and don't get me started on the racist double-standard). Laugh at Trump supporters? Everything he says about Trump supporters is malicious BS. Laugh at liberals? Well, like I said it is laughable that liberals actually believe the sort of {!#%@} this guy spouts, but I don't know if I'd call it funny. If the point was just to make people laugh then he wouldn't be getting on his high horse about such a politically charged topic. Get real.
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:11 am

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
So what exactly was he exaggerating about, in your view? And once you remove this exaggeration component, is there anything resembling a meaningful argument left?


In my view he's a funny guy. I'm not going to analyse his humor for you, poo. If you can't get it it's not surprising.
So there's no meaningful argument left once you remove the exaggeration. That's what I thought...

Look, I understand you are really dense. If you don't get it that is a you problem.

Well, you see Jeff, the problem is that pretty much everything he says in that video is exaggeration. Or, to put it more frankly, pretty much everything he says is a Straw Man. So if his video accomplishes nothing other erecting and tearing down Straw men, then what is the point?

Uh, the point is to make people laugh...


Laugh at what exactly?? Laugh at rednecks? It's been done to death (and don't get me started on the racist double-standard).


Yeah, yeah, I know, poor, misunderstood, mistreated, pathetic, white people. Blah, blah, blah....

Laugh at Trump supporters? Everything he says about Trump supporters is malicious BS.


:lol:

You know, if you keep taking things so seriously you are going to give yourself an aneurysm.

Christ, what a snowflake. You are acting like your God-Emperor...

Laugh at liberals? Well, like I said it is laughable that liberals actually believe the sort of {!#%@} this guy spouts, but I don't know if I'd call it funny.


That's because any sense of humor you once had was crushed and sucked out by your hatred of Muslims. Budding bigots beware.

If the point was just to make people laugh then he wouldn't be getting on his high horse about such a politically charged topic. Get real.


That's exactly the point. Political humor is meant to be edgy and meant to make one uncomfortable. That's where the humor lies.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Christ, what a snowflake.


Putting forth a counterargument does not make me a snowflake. If I were a snowflake I'd be trying to shut that guy's platform down and/or bitching all over social media about how "hateful" and "offensive" and "triggering" he is.


You are acting like your God-Emperor...


Thanks for the compliment 8-)

That's because any sense of humor you once had was crushed and sucked out by your hatred of Muslims.


You mean those people who fly into violent murderous rage whenever someone makes a joke at their expense?

If the point was just to make people laugh then he wouldn't be getting on his high horse about such a politically charged topic. Get real.
That's exactly the point. Political humor is meant to be edgy and meant to make one uncomfortable. That's where the humor lies.


Political humor is meant to convey a political message. When that message is directed to a sympathetic audience - as this video clearly is - the last thing the humorist wants to do is make the audience "edgy" or "uncomfortable". If there is any humor in this video at all, it lies in pandering to its target audience so that they clap like seals while congratulating themselves for how clever and righteous they are. In cases where the message isn't directed to a sympathetic audience, the underlying message should have a firm basis in reason and evidence, otherwise the joke will be on the humorist.
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:57 am

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:Putting forth a counterargument does not make me a snowflake. If I were a snowflake I'd be trying to shut that guy's platform down and/or bitching all over social media about how "hateful" and "offensive" and "triggering" he is.


Your obsessive overreaction to a funny video is making you a snowflake. Get over it.

You are acting like your God-Emperor...

Thanks for the compliment 8-)


Making fun of you for being a whiny bitch like the orange anus is not a compliment.

That's because any sense of humor you once had was crushed and sucked out by your hatred of Muslims.

You mean those people who fly into violent murderous rage whenever someone makes a joke at their expense?


Like a Trump supporter?
Exactly.

If the point was just to make people laugh then he wouldn't be getting on his high horse about such a politically charged topic. Get real. That's exactly the point. Political humor is meant to be edgy and meant to make one uncomfortable. That's where the humor lies.

Political humor is meant to convey a political message. When that message is directed to a sympathetic audience - as this video clearly is - the last thing the humorist wants to do is make the audience "edgy" or "uncomfortable". If there is any humor in this video at all, it lies in pandering to its target audience so that they clap like seals while congratulating themselves for how clever and righteous they are. In cases where the message isn't directed to a sympathetic audience, the underlying message should have a firm basis in reason and evidence, otherwise the joke will be on the humorist.


Wow, it is actually possible to bore the {!#%@} out of someone. I had to run to the bathroom while reading that.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:39 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:Putting forth a counterargument does not make me a snowflake. If I were a snowflake I'd be trying to shut that guy's platform down and/or bitching all over social media about how "hateful" and "offensive" and "triggering" he is.


Your obsessive overreaction to a funny video is making you a snowflake. Get over it.


It's not a funny video, and I'm not overreacting to it. I saw it as a good opportunity to debunk the idiotic BS arguments against the travel bans, and I acted upon the opportunity accordingly.

You are acting like your God-Emperor...

Thanks for the compliment 8-)


Making fun of you for being a whiny bitch like the orange anus is not a compliment.


Likening me to the God-Emperor is compliment - especially when comes from the likes of you.

That's because any sense of humor you once had was crushed and sucked out by your hatred of Muslims.

You mean those people who fly into violent murderous rage whenever someone makes a joke at their expense?


Like a Trump supporter?


Name ONE example of a Trump supporter who has flown into a violent murderous rage because someone made a joke about them being a Trump supporter.


If the point was just to make people laugh then he wouldn't be getting on his high horse about such a politically charged topic. Get real. That's exactly the point. Political humor is meant to be edgy and meant to make one uncomfortable. That's where the humor lies.

Political humor is meant to convey a political message. When that message is directed to a sympathetic audience - as this video clearly is - the last thing the humorist wants to do is make the audience "edgy" or "uncomfortable". If there is any humor in this video at all, it lies in pandering to its target audience so that they clap like seals while congratulating themselves for how clever and righteous they are. In cases where the message isn't directed to a sympathetic audience, the underlying message should have a firm basis in reason and evidence, otherwise the joke will be on the humorist.


Wow, it is actually possible to bore the {!#%@} out of someone. I had to run to the bathroom while reading that.


Seems redundant, considering you use this forum as your toilet anyway.
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 am

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:Putting forth a counterargument does not make me a snowflake. If I were a snowflake I'd be trying to shut that guy's platform down and/or bitching all over social media about how "hateful" and "offensive" and "triggering" he is.


Your obsessive overreaction to a funny video is making you a snowflake. Get over it.

It's not a funny video,


Sez you. That's an opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

and I'm not overreacting to it.


Really? Because all of the available evidence points to a different conclusion.

I saw it as a good opportunity to debunk the idiotic BS arguments against the travel bans, and I acted upon the opportunity accordingly.


By being an annoying douche?
It's a YouTube video put up by someone calling himself a "liberal redneck." You really need to get over it. Stop taking yourself so seriously, it makes you look like a self-absorbed ass.
I put the video up because I found it amusing, I never meant for it to be a civics or social studies lesson.

You are acting like your God-Emperor...

Thanks for the compliment 8-)


Making fun of you for being a whiny bitch like the orange anus is not a compliment.

Likening me to the God-Emperor is compliment - especially when comes from the likes of you.


I just called you an annoying douche and a self-absorbed ass. Yup, that nails the orange anus right on the head.

That's because any sense of humor you once had was crushed and sucked out by your hatred of Muslims.

You mean those people who fly into violent murderous rage whenever someone makes a joke at their expense?


Like a Trump supporter?

Name ONE example of a Trump supporter who has flown into a violent murderous rage because someone made a joke about them being a Trump supporter.


You.
What do I get as a prize?


If the point was just to make people laugh then he wouldn't be getting on his high horse about such a politically charged topic. Get real. That's exactly the point. Political humor is meant to be edgy and meant to make one uncomfortable. That's where the humor lies.

Political humor is meant to convey a political message. When that message is directed to a sympathetic audience - as this video clearly is - the last thing the humorist wants to do is make the audience "edgy" or "uncomfortable". If there is any humor in this video at all, it lies in pandering to its target audience so that they clap like seals while congratulating themselves for how clever and righteous they are. In cases where the message isn't directed to a sympathetic audience, the underlying message should have a firm basis in reason and evidence, otherwise the joke will be on the humorist.

Wow, it is actually possible to bore the {!#%@} out of someone. I had to run to the bathroom while reading that.

Seems redundant, considering you use this forum as your toilet anyway.


Actually the air around here was pretty clean until you showed up. That's surprising considering we used to have Holocaust deniers post on a regular basis.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:45 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:Name ONE example of a Trump supporter who has flown into a violent murderous rage because someone made a joke about them being a Trump supporter.


You.


:roll: You must live a very sheltered existence.


Actually the air around here was pretty clean until you showed up. That's surprising considering we used to have Holocaust deniers post on a regular basis.


What do Holocaust Deniers have to do with it?
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:46 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I put the video up because I found it amusing, I never meant for it to be a civics or social studies lesson.


If you post political content, you better expect a political response.
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:Name ONE example of a Trump supporter who has flown into a violent murderous rage because someone made a joke about them being a Trump supporter.


You.


:roll: You must live a very sheltered existence.


Not particularly, no.


Actually the air around here was pretty clean until you showed up. That's surprising considering we used to have Holocaust deniers post on a regular basis.

What do Holocaust Deniers have to do with it?


You are basically the same, you just hate Muslims while they hate Jews. You are opposite sides of the same sucky coin.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I put the video up because I found it amusing, I never meant for it to be a civics or social studies lesson.


If you post political content, you better expect a political response.


Why are your panties all in a twist over this? Good grief, Granny Grunt, does your miserable, hate-filled, bigoted life suck so bad you get bent out of shape over a silly video?

Maybe you should find something more productive to do. Reading to the elderly or volunteering at a soup kitchen will give you some human contact and make that lump of coal you call a heart start beating again.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29290
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Gord » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Good grief, Granny Grunt, does your miserable, hate-filled, bigoted life suck so bad you get bent out of shape over a silly video?

Dude, he voted for Trump. :heh:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Gord wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Good grief, Granny Grunt, does your miserable, hate-filled, bigoted life suck so bad you get bent out of shape over a silly video?

Dude, he voted for Trump. :heh:



:lol:

You are right. Silly me.

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:09 pm


User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:31 pm

fromthehills wrote:https://youtu.be/l71Pvvnp3oE



:rotfl:

Funny but Venerable is going to lose his mind.

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:37 pm

I don't mind reading Ven's posts. i disagree with 99%, but it's good to read {!#%@} one disagrees with

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:52 pm

I've always kinda been Libertarian. Socially Liberal... but, I'm probably more like this guy without the accent, though I grew up a fair bit in the South, too.

My last Facebook post, was a picture of me in body armor, carrying an AR 15, with the headline, " Clinton Supporter". That was the Monday before we voted a {!#%@} narcissistic bigot into the goddamn whitehouse.

But, if Ven can articulate that side of things that I really can't comprehend, I'm for it.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:16 pm

I live in the reddest of red states now. The people continue to blindly vote against their own self-interest by mechanically voting for anyone with an R next to their name. As a consequence, we've got a budget crisis and are cutting education and needed services.
But, hey, as long as Republicans cynically exploit their patriotism and religious faith I'm sure it'll work out in the end.

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Like Crimson Tide red?

I've lived there. And next to it in Ft Benning.

Yes, it's the voting against ones own interests that baffles me. Or, the " Obama's gonna take my guns" nonesense. Yes perhaps he wanted to, but can't, but at least he isn't grabbing your daughter's vagina, and trying to take all her rights as a human.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Oklahoma for me.

When Mary Fallin, our current governor took office, the previous Democratic Governor left her with a full "Rainy Day Fund" and a reasonably balanced budget.

Unfortunately at the same time Republicans took control of the state Senate and House. They spent the next few years slicing taxes on their rich donors and businesses. Now, this worked out OK because at the time oil and gas prices were high so, state revenues didn't suffer.

When oil prices started to plummet the collective refused to balance lost state revenue on raising the necessary taxes to cover. As a consequence, the last three years have seen shrinking budgets for education and other state services.

Now the governor belatedly realized that this isn't going to work and is trying to raise taxes......sales taxes, not income or business taxes. You know, the donors don't like that. So, taxes may rise on things that working people need while skipping the rich. But, hey, that's the Republican way. Don't piss off the Koch brothers and their related ilk.

The two Senators in our state, both Republicans, voted to confirm Betsy DeVos even though teachers groups and others begged them not to.

I see this thing called "Fight for Education" on my Facesbook wall. I sympathize but until the people in this state pull their collective heads out there is no sense in me joining in. If the people in this state can't learn from their mistakes then there is no helping them. I'll stay active on my side.

The really funny thing is that we've had scandals dealing with a couple of Republican State Legislators. One used state money to pay off a woman he sexually harassed and the other was found in a hotel room with a 16-year-old male prostituite. Both ran on being for "Oklahoma Family Values" and being good, upright Christian men. Funny, it's been awhile but I don't remember either one of those being in Bible study.
:lol:

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:57 pm

I'm a country music fan. Not the pop country {!#%@}, but there's a song by Ray Wylly Hubbard that rings true:
Talking about a dream of being in hell
" there's where we put the preachers that think they're better than me and you
Then they get caught in a motel room doing what they said not to do."

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Yeah, probably misspelled the name

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:20 pm

fromthehills wrote:Yes, it's the voting against ones own interests that baffles me.


Yes, it is indeed quite baffling that Democrats would vote for a pro-Iraq War, pro-TPP and pro-Islamization candidate like Hillary Clinton.

Or, the " Obama's gonna take my guns" nonesense. Yes perhaps he wanted to, but can't


If he wanted to take them then obviously he was inclined to try and take them. The only way to know that he can't take them is for him to be given the opportunity to try, which of course runs the risk that he might actually succeed.

but at least he isn't grabbing your daughter's vagina,


And how many peoples' daughters do you know of who've had their vaginas grabbed by Donald Trump? Please limit your response to those who were non-consensually grabbed (i.e. those who didn't let him do it).

and trying to take all her rights as a human.


How exactly is President Trump trying to take away all of women's human rights? What specifically has he said or done to make you think that he is trying to do this?
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:27 pm

While we're posting funny videos trashing Trump (which, let's face it, is the only positive to come out of his presidency) I give you the Daily Show:


https://youtu.be/DWIFd9jx2dQ

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby fromthehills » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:21 pm


Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:Name ONE example of a Trump supporter who has flown into a violent murderous rage because someone made a joke about them being a Trump supporter.


You.


:roll: You must live a very sheltered existence.


Not particularly, no.


Then perhaps you are an imbecile...


Actually the air around here was pretty clean until you showed up. That's surprising considering we used to have Holocaust deniers post on a regular basis.

What do Holocaust Deniers have to do with it?


You are basically the same, you just hate Muslims while they hate Jews. You are opposite sides of the same sucky coin.


...and by "perhaps", I mean "without any doubt". If you replace the word "Muslims" with "Nazis" it will give you a good idea of just how incredibly imbecilic this response of yours truly is. What you're saying here is as stupid as calling a non-white person a racist simply because they despise white supremacists.
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6237
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:Name ONE example of a Trump supporter who has flown into a violent murderous rage because someone made a joke about them being a Trump supporter.


You.


:roll: You must live a very sheltered existence.


Not particularly, no.

Then perhaps you are an imbecile...


:lol:

I'll take that as a compliment, considering the source.

I mean, you are a Trump supporter. That alone qualifies you as someone to be pitied.


Actually the air around here was pretty clean until you showed up. That's surprising considering we used to have Holocaust deniers post on a regular basis.

What do Holocaust Deniers have to do with it?

You are basically the same, you just hate Muslims while they hate Jews. You are opposite sides of the same sucky coin.


...and by "perhaps", I mean "without any doubt".


:rotfl:

See above, Trumpling.

If you replace the word "Muslims" with "Nazis"


:lol: :lol: :lol:

This just keeps getting better and better.

it will give you a good idea of just how incredibly imbecilic this response of yours truly is. What you're saying here is as stupid as calling a non-white person a racist simply because they despise white supremacists.


What I'm saying is that being an ignorant bigot crosses all spectrums. Deniers hate Jews, you hate Muslims. Just to make you comfortable I also loathe Muslims who use their religion as a basis to murder innocents. They get no sympathy from me.
Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Liberal Redneck

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I put the video up because I found it amusing, I never meant for it to be a civics or social studies lesson.


If you post political content, you better expect a political response.


Why are your panties all in a twist over this? Good grief, Granny Grunt, does your miserable, hate-filled, bigoted life suck so bad you get bent out of shape over a silly video?


I couldn't give a rats ass about the video itself Jeff. I just saw it as a good opportunity to address all the Leftie BS regarding the travel bans.

Maybe you should find something more productive to do. Reading to the elderly or volunteering at a soup kitchen will give you some human contact and make that lump of coal you call a heart start beating again.


While reading to the elderly and volunteering at a soup kitchen are admirable acts, they do nothing to address the biggest and most critical problem facing humanity today - namely, the ever-replenishing world-engulfing miasma of sheer stupidity generated and propagated by people like you. So never you mind about my heart; the real question is, what are we going to do about that lump of {!#%@} you call a brain??

Oh and by the way, since your video was 'just a joke', here is another video I found which is also 'just a joke':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1sW7tu6-s
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex


Return to “Politics and Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest