What, where, or why about no Uploading Attachments...

Post your questions and suggestions here.
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Deep

What, where, or why about no Uploading Attachments...

Postby Scott Mayers » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:13 am

Hi Pyhrro,

Is there a reason we cannot use the Attachment function on this site? I like to be able to upload diagrams or pictures sometimes to help with discussion but can't. I don't like using a third party site like I have tried before to load and link an image because these sites often stop the links and also reside on their servers to which you have no certainty of.

Can we have this feature turned on? If not, why? (like security concerns? etc).
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: What, where, or why about no Uploading Attachments...

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:00 am

Scott Mayers wrote:Is there a reason we cannot use the Attachment function on this site? .

carry on Foreign secretary.jpg

Works fine for me.

Click on "Attachments"
scroll down to "add files"
Select your JPEG file
Click place "inline"

If your file is too big a red warning sign appears or sometimes the screen goes grey.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Postby Scott Mayers » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:09 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote:Is there a reason we cannot use the Attachment function on this site? .

carry on Foreign secretary.jpg

Works fine for me.

Click on "Attachments"
scroll down to "add files"
Select your JPEG file
Click place "inline"

If your file is too big a red warning sign appears or sometimes the screen goes grey.

NO. The tab does NOT even exist in the threads for ME now. I see it below here and so will upload an image of what I SEE. Note that you cannot see a tab at the bottom:
2016-10-05_000454.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Postby Scott Mayers » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:13 am

I see it appears in the thread I just opened now, though. Maybe it was just that thread? Check out that particular one and see if that is present for you there.

Please get back to me on this Matt or others if you too see this for that thread, "A roll of the dice". It's possible that I could be being redirected!! [If the page is a phishing link, it may lack the actual features and so first copies what you write there then gets redirected to 'post' here.]

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:28 am

I also am not offered an "Attachments" option in that thread or the "Brainteasers" subforum in general. However, it works fine in the rest of the "Community"... :pardon:

Lard, save me from your followers.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Postby Scott Mayers » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:33 am

scrmbldggs wrote:I also am not offered an "Attachments" option in that thread or the "Brainteasers" subforum in general. However, it works fine in "Community"... :pardon:

Okay, it must be sectional discriminated. I see it lacks the following code:

2016-10-05_003030.png

No problem then. Thank you.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 am

I will check the permissions.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Postby Scott Mayers » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Pyrrho wrote:I will check the permissions.

Sorry for the concern if that section was intended to be limited. I just noticed looking back at my last post that "sectional discrimination" might come across as innuendo of insult. That was completely accidental and I only notice now how that could seem like innuendo (like sounding as "sexual discrimination"). :lol:

If you weren't aware, it could be some default when some other switch is added, like to some moderation switch.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:06 am

It's set when a subforum is initiated. Permissions can be set independently or copied from an existing subforum. There are permission "roles" which have all of the permissions settings built in, which makes it easier. Example:

For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:57 am

So Trump was right, this election is rigged?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:04 am

It is. With one of these.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Return to “Help Desk”