Photo got swapped/ Not a problem / Just a note

Post your questions and suggestions here.
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Re: Photo got swapped/ Not a problem / Just a note

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:14 pm

:scratch:

For someone who professes to not even believe in the fairy tale, and is dwelling and posting amongst the like-minded, you seem quite preoccupied with it, Norms.

As to my mother, who, actually, would have had little interest in spending any time on any online chat, or in being dragged into any unfounded imaginings and conversations about her, she was a great many things in her fruitful life. But most of all, she was a great mother. I owe much to her.
Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Oh, almost forgot... as to your "feud" with Matt. IIRC, but, please, correct me if I'm wrong (you guys were here before my time), you started it. I believe there's even a thread about that somewhere.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Post by nmblum88 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Oh, almost forgot... as to your "feud" with Matt. IIRC, but, please, correct me if I'm wrong (you guys were here before my time), you started it. I believe there's even a thread about that somewhere.

But you are adding your own twist to what is the case: I am not complaining about ANYTHING Matthew or anyone else says about me… have at it, rail away. Spell my name right. or call me Cougar.
Who, really faced with life's obvious limitation mind being referred to as a Cougar rather than say a worm who has to make up an identity for himself as a serpent?
I love it…
I am merely availing myself of the same privilege you take as yours: responding to anything I wish to respond to here, in the manner in which I respond, by virtue of nature and nurture.

So yes. I'm as sure that you "almost forgot" as I am that an octopus has a spine.
No one was here before your time, Eggs.
You have just forgotten the details of your arrival…. and your somewhat complicated history.
And no one has your remarkable talent for delving into the archives in search for, and defense of truth, either.
So why don't you find those important historical documents and then if you like we can chat about them…
At this point your claim is merely provocative and smacks bit of McCarthy -like technique: if it is uttered it is so.
Or we could just go on to discuss another matter of serious historic inquiry: "Treblinka: Was it a Bowling Alley?"
That should be good for getting ME through another hour of this awfully dull stretch - therapy for my leg.
And allow you to feel good about yourself as a defender of the oppressed.

NMB
P.S. I do appreciate the chatty, friendly "Norms" though….
It adds such a sign of democratic equableness to the proceedings.
Whatever they are.
NMB
Last edited by nmblum88 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

octopus1
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Post by octopus1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:25 pm

nmblum wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Oh, almost forgot... as to your "feud" with Matt. IIRC, but, please, correct me if I'm wrong (you guys were here before my time), you started it. I believe there's even a thread about that somewhere.

Yes, I'm as sure that you "almost forgot" as I am that an octopus has a spine.
You have just forgotten the details of your arrival…. and your somewhat complicated history.
And no one has your remarkable talent for delving into the archives in search for, and defense of truth, either.
So why don't you find those important historical documents and then if you like we can chat about them…
At this point your claim is merely provocative and smacks bit of McCarthy -like technique: if it is uttered it is so.
Or we could just go on to discuss another matter of serious historic inquiry: "Treblinka: Was it a Bowling Alley?"
That should be good for getting ME through another hour of this awfully dull stretch - therapy for my leg.

NMB
Whatever they are.
NMB

Your sarcastic comments are rapidly losing their wither...
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Post by nmblum88 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:31 pm

octopus1 wrote:
nmblum wrote:

NMB
Whatever they are.
NMB

Your sarcastic comments are rapidly losing their wither…

LOL.. now THAT inarguably smack of your own sincerity…
And lucky you, can just swim under a rock and avoid reading my nasty efforts.
But good to hear from you.
It's been along time since you've mentioned your Ph.D., in …what was it now?Theoretical Physics?
As my Aunt Bessie would say, "a regular little Albert Einstein!"
How's it goin'?
Being courted by the great universities yet?
OR any?
Norma Manna Blum
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Post by octopus1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:39 pm

nmblum wrote:
octopus1 wrote:
nmblum wrote:

NMB
Whatever they are.
NMB

Your sarcastic comments are rapidly losing their wither…

LOL.. now THAT inarguably smack of your own sincerity…
And lucky you, can just swim under a rock and avoid reading my nasty efforts.
But good to hear from you.
It's been along time since you've mentioned your Ph.D., in …what was it now?Theoretical Physics?
As my Aunt Bessie would say, "a regular little Albert Einstein!"
How's it goin'?
Being courted by the great universities yet?
OR any?
Norma Manna Blum

Nuclear Physics, Norma. Theoretical Physics is simply what I do with it. My Master's was in Quantum Mechanics (Which would go a little way to explaining my... "displeasure" with the UFO crowd...) - They are all linked, they are not identical - During a casual forum discussion, however, I apologize if I've used them interchangably to your dissatisfaction.

And I have never suggested, not once, that I'm anywhere near in the league of Einstein. I plod along mid-level hoping (no more than hoping) that inspiration of a groundbreaking nature strikes me at some point. Provided, of course, that it is correct after a great deal of outside review.

I may not take myself seriously online, Norma dear, but I sure as hell take the truth that I'm contractually and ethically obliged to observe in real life, a damn sight more seriously than you appear to do with anything that you say and allege to do. With your pauper's trailer in New Mexico, your Manhattan penthouse - Your Religiosity, and your Militant Atheism - Your "Stepford Wife" routine, and your "I Am Woman Hear Me Roar" schtick. All colliding into a mess of nonsense - With that added touch of simultaeneously and hypocritically decrying nonsense...

No joking aside, I can appreciate that you don't want to reveal "too much" - But a little consistency won't do any harm at all.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (despite that thing I have about repetition) - And be very clear that this isn't some sort of emptily obsequious plaudit - You are not a stupid person, not by a stretch. Few of the people I've met here, are.

Perhaps it's time you let yourself "go" a little. Relax. It'll do you the world of good.

Now here's some low-culture for you to enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRyR27l7vks

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm

nmblum wrote:

But you are adding your own twist to what is the case: I am not complaining about ANYTHING Matthew or anyone else says about me… have at it, rail away. Spell my name right. or call me Cougar.
Who, really faced with life's obvious limitation mind being referred to as a Cougar rather than say a worm who has to make up an identity for himself as a serpent?
I love it…
I am merely availing myself of the same privilege you take as yours: responding to anything I wish to respond to here, in the manner in which I respond, by virtue of nature and nurture.

So yes. I'm as sure that you "almost forgot" as I am that an octopus has a spine.

NMB
Whatever they are.
NMB

I was going to shorten the above to get to the relevant points, but it would seem very disjointed indeed if I did. So I'll just give it this try:

Yes, I almost forgot. As you can see, it is there now. I was going to ETA it to the other post but octopus1 already had thanked me for it. It would seem discourteous if I added more to it after that, so I didn't.

Also this:
nmblum wrote:How lucky Matthew is to have such a loyal friend…

I wish that I had had such a hero (or heroine) when had come to my side when Matthew was engaged in labeling me.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24468#p426563

Yes, Matthew has become a dear forum friend since I joined here. So have you. That's the way I see it, at least. You both were members here for quite a while before I registered, so I do not know what transpired before that time.

But what I do know, because I was present, is that there was an incident, involving a dispute about Dr. Nick Terry, and which went from there on to other threads, and which, to me, seemed was the beginning of this current, ongoing discord. As I said, I don't know of prior instances of similar, if such did occur, but in this case, Norms, I cannot speak on your behalf, since it appears you provoked the situation.

I hope this was helpful. And that this will be continued elsewhere around here, if it must. Since this is a thread in the Forum Help Desk, after all.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Yes...interpersonal relationships group therapy meets on Tuesdays in a church basement in Detroit.

Ask for "Bob." He'll help you become a unique and special snowflake.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:10 pm

:lol:

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:27 am

Thumbs up for Antimalwarebytes. And Norton is {!#%@}. I hope you didn't pay for that. "For solid, free, protection, I choose Comodo Internet Security. And condoms." - IT Professional.

But you only want the firewall and virus scanner. Untick all the rest of the stupid bloatware on install.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:30 am

Major Malfunction wrote:Thumbs up for Antimalwarebytes. And Norton is {!#%@}. I hope you didn't pay for that. "For solid, free, protection, I choose Comodo Internet Security. And condoms." - IT Professional.

I did pay for Nortons. I am a bit naive and thought Nortons was going to "do everything". I'm going sit with the people who set up my system and have a general chat as I'm a bit "out of date" concerning PCs.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:56 am

scrmbldggs wrote:...you started it.

I've never believed "you started it" to be a valid defense of one's own behaviour. And I'm saying that as the brother of the guy who always started it. :P
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Gord wrote:
I've never believed "you started it" to be a valid defense of one's own behaviour.

You just summed up my feelings about American foreign policy in that one sentence.

As far as this thread and spats, this Forum used to host Saturday night mud wrestling matches so we could blow off some steam. We need to bring that back.
trump is Putin's bitch

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:47 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
nmblum wrote:

I love it…

NMB
Whatever they are.
NMB

I was going to shorten the above to get to the relevant points, but it would seem very disjointed indeed if I did. So I'll just give it this try:

Yes, I almost forgot. As you can see, it is there now. I was going to ETA it to the other post but octopus1 already had thanked me for it. It would seem discourteous if I added more to it after that, so I didn't.

Also this:
nmblum wrote:How lucky Matthew is to have such a loyal friend…

I wish that I had had such a hero (or heroine) when had come to my side when Matthew was engaged in labeling me.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24468#p426563

Yes, Matthew has become a dear forum friend since I joined here. So have you. That's the way I see it, at least. You both were members here for quite a while before I registered, so I do not know what transpired before that time.

But what I do know, because I was present, is that there was an incident, involving a dispute about Dr. Nick Terry, and which went from there on to other threads, and which, to me, seemed was the beginning of this current, ongoing discord. As I said, I don't know of prior instances of similar, if such did occur, but in this case, Norms, I cannot speak on your behalf, since it appears you provoked the situation.

I hope this was helpful. And that this will be continued elsewhere around here, if it must. Since this is a thread in the Forum Help Desk, after all.

LOL..
Please, Eggs. I am not amassing an army: I am not asking for adherents or volunteers. No sides need be taken on my account.
Please follow your mind, your sense, your sensibility and above all your taste and ethical. Your'll get no argument from me.
Just spare me your protestations of friendship.
It is neither necessary or attractive, or moving.
You are not my friend, and I am not your friend.
(And if you indeed have found a "dear" friend here in Internet Forumland, best wishes for the future to both of you.
Sounds very warm, very lovely (and exceedingly fantastical).
However, you and I are two posters on what is essentially a message board, who have engaged in a few more or less ordinary exchanges.
And we have each sent and replied to private messages…. FRIENDLY, but hardly protestations of what could be considered FRIENDSHIP.
Because we are not Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.
At a minimum, friendship requires that we actually KNOW each other. .
And being members of a mutual species would surely be a plus.
But as you might not even be a real person but simply an adopted identity of yet another person, I think that even were one NOT picky in the matter of friends, you would have to be ruled out.
Simply not solid enough…a figment of sorts, although certainly as an invented persona, a thoroughly decent sort.
Come to think of it, my seat mate on my flight to San Francisco this morning could qualify as more of a "friend" to me than you are: he and I split a box of M and M Peanuts, and shared a cab into the city.
Now as friendships go….. that one might more easily be labeled as "potentially viable."
Now, I'm absolutely sure that if I came to wherever you live, (where is that again?) alone and penniless, you would do whatever was necessary to make me feel at home and secure…
So please don't forget to send me you address and phone number.
OH.. and your name..
Yeah… I think your name could certainly be the an augur, a presage, of the Damon and Pythias relationship that is lacking now.
But don't feel it necessary on my account: I'm quite content with the status quo.
And after that box of M and Ms this morning, my friendship cup runneth over.
I never liked crowds anyway, and the thought of "my 200 best friends" doesn't really appeal to me either.
Quality, Eggs…. that's the ticket.

Fun chatting with you though,
But I have to go: I'm here to play in a (not so friendly) poker tournament and I want to enjoy a bit of San Francisco's wonderful food beforehand, with the live companion who is not only my host, but who knows where all the best food is waiting for me.
Enjoy what I'm sure is your own festive dinner.

Yours truly,
Norma Manna Blum (Ms)
Skepticism:

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:30 am

Norma, does that mean I'm not your friend? I consider you (and Eggs) as my friends. What's wrong with calling the people here friends?
trump is Putin's bitch

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:08 am

Aztexan wrote:Norma, does that mean I'm not your friend? I consider you (and Eggs) as my friends. What's wrong with calling the people here friends?

Everyone here is a figment of my imagination!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Post by octopus1 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:22 am

Gord wrote:
Aztexan wrote:Norma, does that mean I'm not your friend? I consider you (and Eggs) as my friends. What's wrong with calling the people here friends?

Everyone here is a figment of my imagination!

Ah {!#%@}, he's figuring it out Truman Show style! Quick, everyone look busy... :singnew:

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:36 am

I don't know what that means. And that doesn't make any sense.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Post by octopus1 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Gord wrote:I don't know what that means. And that doesn't make any sense.

The Octopus only 'makes sense/is serious', when he's angry or frustrated :-D

(I'll go and tell Cristophe Pyrrho that the threat was averted...)

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:46 pm

No doubt in my mind. In fact I've seen her start it up with quite a few, including myself. Seems to be a major reason she hangs around here IMO.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:52 pm

octopus1 wrote:,,,,
Your sarcastic comments are rapidly losing their wither...

Whither goes the wither?
Shall we make a path
shall we clear the way?
or shall we bow and pray?

......oh wait, this thread was about photo ROT....I forgot there for a second, we get treated plastic, put down a good concrete base and plaster, plaster, plaster!!! ;)
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama