Updates and stuff

Post your questions and suggestions here.
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Updates and stuff

Postby gorgeous » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 pm

fox------Although the Tsunami Information Center warns receding waters are typically a precursor to a tsunami, the Post reports that is not the case in this instance.

Instead, the Long Island shoreline that was swept away with Hurricane Irma was expected to gradually return to Long Island on Sunday afternoon, without great force.

Hurricane Irma struck the Bahamas on Friday, as it made its way toward Florida, where meteorologists predicted it would hit the Keys on Sunday morning
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:21 pm

ocean missing in Tampa,FL https://youtu.be/ucbsuZlWx3A
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:25 pm

tampa bay ,fl ^^

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:33 pm

. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:14 am

I will probably update the forum software to the newest version over the next several days. Some of the style templates may change a bit and I'll have to recreate the default "Skeptic" template. Some of the add-ons, such as the "Thanks" add-on, may not function the same way, but I'll do what I can to retain that.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:20 am

A "Thanks" button is nice and all but I'd like to see a "Middle Finger" button to compliment it. You know, for those times we're too lazy to respond with actual typing.
{!#%@} trump!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:27 am

Pyrrho wrote: I'll have to recreate the default "Skeptic" template.
Bring back the flying saucer picture!!!

( I have much more fun here talking about flying saucers, gods, aliens, monsters and so on, than politics and guns. Perhaps a flying saucer picture will temp back the more fun wooists. )
:D

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:49 am

Aztexan wrote:A "Thanks" button is nice and all but I'd like to see a "Middle Finger" button to compliment it. You know, for those times we're too lazy to respond with actual typing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would get used far more than the thanks button.

And that would be a good thing too if the purpose of this forum is to see how many people you can shame into going away and not posting.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:02 am

Put me down for a "I disagree, but I've said this five times already" button. Xoupers Icon would fit the bill.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:07 am

Stop it. Stop it now.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Update attempt did not work. Setting that aside for now.

Return to “Help Desk”