Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:02 am

Scoobydooby wrote:Is it on etsy? Or I can just trade you for a nice dozen free-range, fair trade, duck eggs. They are a heritage breed too. ;)


what is your opinion of psychiatry and the mental health business :?:

looks like an uncooperative person of interest
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:06 am

Oh good, we're still in the interrogation phase!

The Reid technique's nine steps of interrogation are:

Step 1 - Direct confrontation. Lead the suspect to understand that the evidence has led the police to the individual as a suspect. Offer the person an early opportunity to explain why the offense took place.
Step 2 - Try to shift the blame away from the suspect to some other person or set of circumstances that prompted the suspect to commit the crime. That is, develop themes containing reasons that will justify or excuse the crime. Themes may be developed or changed to find one to which the accused is most responsive.
Step 3 - Try to discourage the suspect from denying his or her guilt. Reid training video: "If you’ve let him talk and say the words ‘I didn’t do it’[...]the more difficult it is to get a confession."
Step 4 - At this point, the accused will often give a reason why he or she did not or could not commit the crime. Try to use this to move towards the confession.
Step 5 - Reinforce sincerity to ensure that the suspect is receptive.
Step 6 - The suspect will become quieter and listen. Move the theme discussion towards offering alternatives. If the suspect cries at this point, infer guilt.
Step 7 - Pose the “alternative question”, giving two choices for what happened; one more socially acceptable than the other. The suspect is expected to choose the easier option but whichever alternative the suspect chooses, guilt is admitted. There is always a third option which is to maintain that they did not commit the crime.
Step 8 - Lead the suspect to repeat the admission of guilt in front of witnesses and develop corroborating information to establish the validity of the confession.
Step 9 - Document the suspect's admission or confession and have him or her prepare a recorded statement (audio, video or written).

Let us begin.... :mrgreen:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 11863
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:12 am

OK I did it!

:shock:

wow. that really works.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:31 pm

JO 753 wrote:OK I did it!

:shock:

wow. that really works.


never go to court without an attorney
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Gord wrote:Oh good, we're still in the interrogation phase!

I felt the "Reid technique" was a bit dated so I updated it.



The Ellard technique's nine steps of interrogation are:

Step 1 - Disorientate the suspect: Invite the subject over to "discuss plans" but instead play Doris Day movies on the TV really loud, while sorting socks and underwear into piles while discussing Mongolian recipes and medieval medical theory,.

Step 2 - Keep suspect uncomfortable: Adopt the heaviest cat you can find and invite the subject to sit down and place the cat on the subject's lap. Do not let the cat move.

Step 3 : Act confused : Tell the subject what a "great job he has done" and get every fact wrong. The suspect will exhaust himself trying to correct all the facts and keeping the cat on his lap.

Step 4 - Respond to completely different questions : At this point, the suspect will often ask "Why am I here?" to which you must explain Mongolian cooking in greater detail.

Step 5 - Reinforce sincerity : Explain to suspect how the cat is actually your best friend and how the cat can communicate with you using telepathy. Inform the suspect that the cat is getting sick and tired of "his games" in a sincere voice. Salute the cat and say "Yes sir" very loudly, every now and then.

Step 6 - never let the suspect think : The suspect will become quieter and listen. This is when you put on "Great Marching songs of the Hungarian Army" at full volume and you must keep giving the suspect unrelated magazine article to read to the cat.

Step 7 - Pose the “alternative questions” : Ask the suspect what he thinks about dish washing liquids and become agitated when he offers his opinion. Start looking out the window and yell "Who knows this?".

Step 8 - Lead the suspect to repeat the admission of guilt in front of witnesses: Randomly ask the milkman and postman to come inside and ask the suspect to repeat his opinion about dish-washing liquids. Pretend to give the milkman and postman brown paper bags full of cash as they try escape from the room.

Step 9 - Inform the Suspect : Tell the suspect that the police centre is actually next door.

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9882
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby fromthehills » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:09 am

I sincerely hope you bought that flashlight, Matthew.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:01 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Step 1 - Disorientate the suspect: Invite the subject over to "discuss plans" but instead play Doris Day movies on the TV really loud, while sorting socks and underwear into piles while discussing Mongolian recipes and medieval medical theory,.

Whoa!! Do you know my friend Don?!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:49 pm

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Step 1 - Disorientate the suspect: Invite the subject over to "discuss plans" but instead play Doris Day movies on the TV really loud, while sorting socks and underwear into piles while discussing Mongolian recipes and medieval medical theory,.

Whoa!! Do you know my friend Don?!


If he's still in deep therapy, he's been to my house......

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:50 pm

:lol:

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Step 1 - Disorientate the suspect: Invite the subject over to "discuss plans" but instead play Doris Day movies on the TV really loud, while sorting socks and underwear into piles while discussing Mongolian recipes and medieval medical theory,.

Whoa!! Do you know my friend Don?!

If he's still in deep therapy, he's been to my house......

Rats, you don't know my friend Don. He doesn't believe in "deep therapy", he believes in self-help books and the Power of Booze.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

PennyDotson
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby PennyDotson » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:34 am

Hey everyone!

My name is Penny! I'm a freelance writer looking to expand my knowledge in the paranormal/unexplained field. At this point, I mainly just have a strong interest but would love to grow in this community!

Thanks everybody!

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:39 am

Hi Penny. Welcome back. :wave:

User avatar
Frank Hoffman
Poster
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm
Custom Title: Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Contact:

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Frank Hoffman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:31 pm

"I am also a citizen, and I love my country and the people... and I feel that if I am a writer then I must write about the people… I must speak about them, and about their sufferings, and their future… speak about science, the rights of man, and so forth and so on, and I do… I speak about everything;
Angrily urged on by every direction, I dash from side to side like a fox being chased by the hounds... I see life and science always getting farther ahead and farther ahead."
Anton Chekhov; The Seagull

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:30 pm

:blink: whut?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

ThomasP
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:03 am

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby ThomasP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:22 am

Hi Everyone!

I'll be attending the Skeptic conference at the end of May, and was hoping to chat with some of those cool folks in this community who will also be attending. I'll be heading to Pasadena alone, and it would be nice to have a few friends to hang with during the conference.

A little about me: I recently bought a Carl Sagan button, I have a small collection of 6-inch pocket rulers, and I have a fat crush on Dr. Hannah Fry, who wrote "The Mathematics of Love".

Nice to meet you all!

User avatar
xouper
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby xouper » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:21 pm

ThomasP wrote:A little about me: I recently bought a Carl Sagan button, I have a small collection of 6-inch pocket rulers, and I have a fat crush on Dr. Hannah Fry, who wrote "The Mathematics of Love".

:lol: :wel:

Have you got one of these pocket rulers?

Image

From: http://bergertech.com/projects/project.php?id=2

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby nmblum88 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:17 pm

ThomasP wrote:Hi Everyone!

I'll be attending the Skeptic conference at the end of May, and was hoping to chat with some of those cool folks in this community who will also be attending. I'll be heading to Pasadena alone, and it would be nice to have a few friends to hang with during the conference.

A little about me: I recently bought a Carl Sagan button, I have a small collection of 6-inch pocket rulers, and I have a fat crush on Dr. Hannah Fry, who wrote "The Mathematics of Love".

Nice to meet you all!


Thomas!!
Great!!
I'll be at the Conference as well, and certainly do look forward to meeting you there…

No need to carry a long stemmed rose, or any other identifier.
I'm pretty good at identifying who is whom and what is what, so I'm certainly sure I'll recognize your from your photo… now quite tattered. of course, but you couldn't have changed much in the course of only ..well, how long as it been?
Ooooh!!
Here's to seeing each other in the (pardon the expression) flesh so very soon!
I'm so excited at the very prospect that I…. well, let's just say I'm REALLY excited.

Norma

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi ThomasP. :wave:

Boy, am I glad you're here! I desperately need something to rule my pockets, they are getting shorter and shorter. Where do you get those little guys?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:52 pm

Norms wrote:I'm pretty good at identifying who is whom and what is what...

:milkspew:

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby nmblum88 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Norms wrote:I'm pretty good at identifying who is whom and what is what...

:milkspew:


I don't blame you for being pissed.
But after all, not even the capacity for spitting the atom could remain a secret forever, no?
And its not as if *I* spilled the (overcooked) beans.

Your own carelessness had a lot to do with it: you got er.uh… mmm…well, "cocky."…


N.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:33 pm

Image

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby nmblum88 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:48 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Image


Where is your sportsmanship?
Does it exist only on the firing range?

Look, you had a good run…
Made a lot of friends (at least they were real if you are imaginary)got to write a lot of private messages and send out a lot of pictures… in fact given the details you lasted longer here than you would have lasted with a more skeptical crowd.
Be happy with that…

And who knows? Eggs Benedict and/or Poached Eggs make for a good, good morning breakfast.
Maybe you can try again later…
Certainly the Forum isn't going anywhere…. and fast.
And now, how about some science and critical thinking?
Or is it too late?

NMB

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm getting worried about you, Norms.

Trying to fill in fantastic gaps seems to have sped up a less desirable component.

Image

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby nmblum88 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:24 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:I'm getting worried about you, Norms.

Trying to fill in fantastic gaps seems to have sped up a less desirable component.

Image

I think it's more or less over now… so no need to knock yourself out (unless you still like to make me laugh).
How can an invention worry about anything?
Is there a scientific explanation, for non-animal emotion?
A human can worry, my dog used to look anxious , my pot belly pig would scurry into a closet whenever I turned on the grill, or took a cleaver our of a kitchen drawer.

But there is no way to read emotion into the creation of a chat room participant.

NMB

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:03 pm

I think it's probably best you ignored me and/or your current pet obsession. I wouldn't want you to get a stroke or something.

As ya know, fondness is a human emotion expressed toward you here occasionally. :flower:

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:08 am

ThomasP wrote:Hi Everyone!

:wave:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Angel » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Gord wrote:Oh good, we're still in the interrogation phase!

The Reid technique's nine steps of interrogation are:

Step 1 - Direct confrontation. Lead the suspect to understand that the evidence has led the police to the individual as a suspect. Offer the person an early opportunity to explain why the offense took place.
Step 2 - Try to shift the blame away from the suspect to some other person or set of circumstances that prompted the suspect to commit the crime. That is, develop themes containing reasons that will justify or excuse the crime. Themes may be developed or changed to find one to which the accused is most responsive.
Step 3 - Try to discourage the suspect from denying his or her guilt. Reid training video: "If you’ve let him talk and say the words ‘I didn’t do it’[...]the more difficult it is to get a confession."
Step 4 - At this point, the accused will often give a reason why he or she did not or could not commit the crime. Try to use this to move towards the confession.
Step 5 - Reinforce sincerity to ensure that the suspect is receptive.
Step 6 - The suspect will become quieter and listen. Move the theme discussion towards offering alternatives. If the suspect cries at this point, infer guilt.
Step 7 - Pose the “alternative question”, giving two choices for what happened; one more socially acceptable than the other. The suspect is expected to choose the easier option but whichever alternative the suspect chooses, guilt is admitted. There is always a third option which is to maintain that they did not commit the crime.
Step 8 - Lead the suspect to repeat the admission of guilt in front of witnesses and develop corroborating information to establish the validity of the confession.
Step 9 - Document the suspect's admission or confession and have him or her prepare a recorded statement (audio, video or written).

Let us begin.... :mrgreen:


What happens when the victim of interrogation
doesn't co operate?
U start with1~
They respond with 1~4~ 8~ 6(-tears) ?
Never admitting guilt~ only involvement .
You can't expect an infant/ infantry to save
an adult/commanding officer from their own
doing. Judas is as Judas does~ hangs.....
Then moves on. Next?
Interrogating anybody is torture for your own entertainment
as~ you wouldn't be doing it if you had something better to do.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:49 pm

Angel wrote:What happens when the victim of interrogation
doesn't co operate?

Victims always cooperate, insofar as they are victims.

Interrogating anybody is torture for your own entertainment
as~ you wouldn't be doing it if you had something better to do.

If you don't enjoy your work, you're doing the wrong work.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
mountainwilly
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 7:20 pm
Custom Title: A Bit South of Left Field
Location: USA

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby mountainwilly » Sun May 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Hello ,
I'm thinking that around 99.9 % of the members here have figured out that IRL, being a skeptic isn't always looked upon as acceptable behavior , generally speaking. But to a l skeptic this site is like a breath of fresh air . :-o
I have spent the past 2 or 3 hours lurking / reading /jumping around this site .
Then I found a few threads with topics that caught and held my attention and I couldn't stand it any longer , I had to become a member so I can join in the conversation .
:lol:
prayer or superstition
An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 11863
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby JO 753 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:35 am

Welkum.

May your rants be well reazoned and your outraje lead to enlitenment.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 05, 2015 3:58 am

mountainwilly wrote:Hello ,
I'm thinking that around 99.9 % of the members here have figured out that IRL, being a skeptic isn't always looked upon as acceptable behavior , generally speaking. But to a l skeptic this site is like a breath of fresh air . :-o
I have spent the past 2 or 3 hours lurking / reading /jumping around this site .
Then I found a few threads with topics that caught and held my attention and I couldn't stand it any longer , I had to become a member so I can join in the conversation .
:lol:


:wave:


Break a leg. :-P

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Tue May 05, 2015 3:14 pm

Howdy, mountainwilly! Is that name anything to do with a hillbilly, or is it just a co-ink-ee-dink?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
The Ignostic
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:46 am
Custom Title: Cunning Linguist
Location: Upstate South Carolina, USA
Contact:

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby The Ignostic » Mon May 18, 2015 8:20 am

Hi All,

I am Rock, aka The Ignostic. I am an Ignostic Humanist/Pastafarian.
(Ignosticism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism)

I run numerous web sites, forums, and groups and pages on facebook. Please feel free to browse.

The Ignostic http://www.TheIgnostic.com

Godless Atheists https://www.facebook.com/GodlessAtheists

The Real Libertarian Atheists https://www.facebook.com/groups/thereallibertarianatheists
Rock
"I antagonize almost everyone I meet. I think its a mirth defect." - Rock Cowles

Quotes from Rock http://www.searchquotes.com/Kowulz/quotes/

User avatar
The Ignostic
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:46 am
Custom Title: Cunning Linguist
Location: Upstate South Carolina, USA
Contact:

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby The Ignostic » Mon May 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi All,

I'm Rock, aka The Ignostic. I'm an Ignostic Humanist. I have a T-shirt that says, "Plays Well With Self". It suits me well, or at least the top half. I am active as a Libertarian, an Atheist, and as an advocate for the repeal of drug prohibition and the preservation of our Bill of Rights, which is protected by the Second Amendment.

"My Indian name was Runs with Scissors, but eventually the tribe elders changed it to Waves at Dogs." - Rock Cowles
Rock
"I antagonize almost everyone I meet. I think its a mirth defect." - Rock Cowles

Quotes from Rock http://www.searchquotes.com/Kowulz/quotes/

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 19, 2015 12:04 am

Hi Rock, welcome to the heart place. :wave:

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 11863
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby JO 753 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:32 am

Howdy, Rock. I think youll fit in well here.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Tue May 19, 2015 1:42 am

:wave: hi!

I'm a Communist. :mrgreen:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue May 19, 2015 1:52 am

Gord wrote::wave: hi!

I'm a Communist. :mrgreen:


I'm the real Communist. Gord is a reactionary, capitalistic, Kulak, war-lord, recidivist because he didn't pay for his coffee at the last party meeting. He only has a small bust of Karl Marx next to his bed. My Karl Marx bust is huge and doubles as a night light.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17353
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 19, 2015 1:59 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Gord wrote::wave: hi!

I'm a Communist. :mrgreen:


I'm the real Communist. Gord is a reactionary, capitalistic, Kulak, war-lord, recidivist because he didn't pay for his coffee at the last party meeting. He only has a small bust of Karl Marx next to his bed. My Karl Marx bust is huge and doubles as a night light.

:shock: Those piercing eyes!

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27912
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Welcome To The Skeptics Society Forum!

Postby Gord » Tue May 19, 2015 2:02 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Gord wrote::wave: hi!

I'm a Communist. :mrgreen:


I'm the real Communist. Gord is a reactionary, capitalistic, Kulak, war-lord, recidivist because he didn't pay for his coffee at the last party meeting. He only has a small bust of Karl Marx next to his bed. My Karl Marx bust is huge and doubles as a night light.

:shock: Those piercing eyes!

I'm the real Communist, in that I own a Commune.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE


Return to “The Nexus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Poodle and 1 guest