My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2935
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:44 am

Ringo Starr receives knighthood: 'I'll wear it at breakfast' (BBC)

Old enough to have a favorite Beatle. :oldman:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31366
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby Gord » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:32 am


...When The Beatles received their MBEs in October 1965, the occasion was not without controversy.

Rock and roll was still viewed with suspicion by the establishment and several previous honourees returned their medals in disgust....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOPBP9vuZA
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9271
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby TJrandom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:40 am

Nice...

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21617
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Ringo Starr receives knighthood: 'I'll wear it at breakfast' (BBC)

Old enough to have a favorite Beatle. :oldman:

Old enough to have a favorite Stones. :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5081
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby Austin Harper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Old enough to have a favorite Beatle. :oldman:

I was born 17 years after they broke up but I have a favorite anyway. (It's George)
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28315
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 pm

I have a Ringo Starr story.

Ringo, today is a well known gardener. I manage a famous Aussie TV gardener who does a TV special from the opening of the Chelsea Flower Show. The first day of the Chelsea Flower Show is media day, where media and celebrities mingle.

Anyhow, my gardener was standing behind Ringo Star and Kim Wilde (who is also now a TV gardener) and some English TV reporters were hassling Ringo Star........so he dropped his trousers and waved his arse at the journalists.

I think that's impressive and I'm glad a knight of the realm can be elevated from the commoners, for sharing the opinions of Her Majesty, concerning journalists.
:D

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9271
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby TJrandom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:I have a Ringo Starr story.

Ringo, today is a well known gardener. I manage a famous Aussie TV gardener who does a TV special from the opening of the Chelsea Flower Show. The first day of the Chelsea Flower Show is media day, where media and celebrities mingle.

Anyhow, my gardener was standing behind Ringo Star and Kim Wilde (who is also now a TV gardener) and some English TV reporters were hassling Ringo Star........so he dropped his trousers and waved his arse at the journalists.

I think that's impressive and I'm glad a knight of the realm can be elevated from the commoners, for sharing the opinions of Her Majesty, concerning journalists.
:D


Sooo ... I`ll take that as tacit approval for my occasional ass baring on my hill, when I just know that I`ll not make it back to the house in time. I mean, if all I need for approval is to be thinking of journalists, Ringo, and the Queen - why, I have it made.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2935
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Ringo Starr receives knighthood: 'I'll wear it at breakfast' (BBC)

Old enough to have a favorite Beatle. :oldman:

Old enough to have a favorite Stones. :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman: :oldman:


Favorite cover of favorite Beatles parody of the Stones. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WglCn003lGQ
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21617
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Grateful Dead sux.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2935
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: My favorite Beatle finally makes the grade.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:49 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Grateful Dead sux.


But that song so epitomized the era, they had to do it. :mrgreen:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.


Return to “The Nexus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest