Questions that need answers.

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11159
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 pm

The girl rode a lunar cycle. The rabbit was jacked.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9536
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Where does cleavage go when the clothes come off?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:48 pm

TJrandom wrote:Where does cleavage go when the clothes come off?

Spoiler:
It's the bun for my hot dog.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9536
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:52 pm

:lol:

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31649
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:39 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 am

Real centaurs would lie about it. Just ask John Varley.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 pm

TJrandom wrote:Where does cleavage go when the clothes come off?
The same place your lap goes when you stand up. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Where does cleavage go when the clothes come off?
The same place your lap goes when you stand up. :mrgreen:

Into my crotch?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Real centaurs would lie about it. Just ask John Varley.
That reminds me that I haven't read that series in a couple years. It's one of my favorites.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Where does cleavage go when the clothes come off?
The same place your lap goes when you stand up. :mrgreen:

Into my crotch?
Wait...when you stand up, your lap collapses into your crotch? How? I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities, so this information might help. ;)
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Where does cleavage go when the clothes come off?
The same place your lap goes when you stand up. :mrgreen:

Into my crotch?
Wait...when you stand up, your lap collapses into your crotch? How? I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities, so this information might help. ;)

You have two planes, abdomen and legs, with a juncture at the crotch. When you stand up the two planes become one and the juncture collapses in situ. So your lap goes into your crotch when you stand up.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11159
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Topologists don't have laps.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:Topologists don't have laps.

They have Topols.

Image
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Where does cleavage go when the clothes come off?
The same place your lap goes when you stand up. :mrgreen:

Into my crotch?
Wait...when you stand up, your lap collapses into your crotch? How? I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities, so this information might help. ;)

You have two planes, abdomen and legs, with a juncture at the crotch. When you stand up the two planes become one and the juncture collapses in situ. So your lap goes into your crotch when you stand up.
However, it's no longer a lap at that point, since it can't function as one. It's merely a potential lap. When you stand up, whatever was in your lap falls to the ground. The two planes only constitute a lap when one is vertical and the other is horizontal.

I guess I'm stuck carrying a purse unless I manage to discover how to create a personal, portable pocket universe. Basically, that's what a purse is, come to think of it.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:48 pm

That's where your lap went, into the nonfunctionality locus.

Geez, I thought that part was obvious.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:That's where your lap went, into the nonfunctionality locus.

Geez, I thought that part was obvious.
It is. I was just hoping you had devised a way to have your lap remain in the functionality locus, and would share it so I could eschew carrying a purse. So, pocket universe it is, I guess. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11159
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:I guess I'm stuck carrying a purse unless I manage to discover how to create a personal, portable pocket universe.


Harpo Marx had one. I don't know what happened to it.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:54 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:That's where your lap went, into the nonfunctionality locus.

Geez, I thought that part was obvious.
It is. I was just hoping you had devised a way to have your lap remain in the functionality locus, and would share it so I could eschew carrying a purse. So, pocket universe it is, I guess. :mrgreen:

Vertical lap is a thing already.

Image
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9536
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm

I would have problems with that... 2x6 24" OC is 8" too wide for me. Plus that joist is a composite fabrication, not solid fir. Finally, that unlabeled top header is a single 2x6 and should be doubled.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 14678
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:01 pm

I don't get why the lower floor outside sheathing has an air gap whereas the upper floor does not. Whatever "the philosophy" being applied is.....seems like it should go for both floors?

16" on center is for 2x4 studs. 24 is approved for 2x6. anyone is free to over spec a build. I'd prefer to put any saved money into insulation as wall failure "never" happens.

Double the header: yes.

Must be an Oklahoma DIY'er.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:13 pm

TJrandom wrote:I would have problems with that... 2x6 24" OC is 8" too wide for me. Plus that joist is a composite fabrication, not solid fir. Finally, that unlabeled top header is a single 2x6 and should be doubled.

Specs are copacetic for Lapland.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9536
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:17 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I don't get why the lower floor outside sheathing has an air gap whereas the upper floor does not. Whatever "the philosophy" being applied is.....seems like it should go for both floors?

16" on center is for 2x4 studs. 24 is approved for 2x6. anyone is free to over spec a build. I'd prefer to put any saved money into insulation as wall failure "never" happens.

Double the header: yes.

Must be an Oklahoma DIY'er.


Agree with you on the upper air gap. 16" OC for 2x4 and 24" OC for 2x6 is just fine for Florida/warm climates, but not for heavy snow loads or tile roofing. For these, if 2x4s, I`d double up 2x4s every third.

Of course not shown is cross bracing - without which wall failure does happen.

Also not shown is a double layer of subflooring...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 14678
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Snow loads......yes, that does require a doubling up.......or heavy tile roofs??

I also "in a vacuum" kinda favor thicker wall sheathing as it extends fire burn through times and provides cross bracing as well. Lots of ways to build a thing.

Subflooring has always struck me as under engineered. Its always sagging and squeaking.

Favorite I think even true fact: Frank Lloyd Wright was great at design but ignored his roofs. Evidently...most of them leak...and he is famous for mostly flat roofs where leakage is more prone. I really hate that. Engineering/design is all about making things ............. work. I talked to the owner of one FLW house. His roof never leaked.......but it never rained either. His home/museum back East (Tally....something or other?) is a great day visit. Arrive early and stay late...same with Falling Water.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31649
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:I guess I'm stuck carrying a purse unless I manage to discover how to create a personal, portable pocket universe.

Harpo Marx had one. I don't know what happened to it.

Communism!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11159
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:44 pm

Gord wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:I guess I'm stuck carrying a purse unless I manage to discover how to create a personal, portable pocket universe.

Harpo Marx had one. I don't know what happened to it.

Communism!

His actual first name was Arthur, not Karl.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23487
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:...I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities...

Backpack. (Or a utility kilt. If you can't find a kilt, utilize what's normally wearing it. :-P)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28541
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:...I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities...


My entire reason for existing is to serve as a temporary purse and handbag rack

Amanda : "Can you hold this while I look for my keys?"
Amanda : "Can you look after these while I go to the little ladies room?"
Amanda : "Do me a favour and hang on to these while I try on some clothes"

For this reason I never wear red, as it will clash with Amanda's purses and handbags, which I am inevitably holding.
:D

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11159
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:...I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities...


My entire reason for existing is to serve as a temporary purse and handbag rack

Amanda : "Can you hold this while I look for my keys?"
Amanda : "Can you look after these while I go to the little ladies room?"
Amanda : "Do me a favour and hang on to these while I try on some clothes"

For this reason I never wear red, as it will clash with Amanda's purses and handbags, which I am inevitably holding.
:D

When out with a lady friend, I consider myself nothing more than a pack mule.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28541
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:When out with a lady friend, I consider myself nothing more than a pack mule.

I assume once the twins are born, I will be exactly that. I sit there and look at double prams in shops, in the same way people look at large tax bills.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9536
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 pm

Solve all of your problems with a... wheelbarrow... or a little red wagon – maybe with sideboards… :nyanya:

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:...I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities...


My entire reason for existing is to serve as a temporary purse and handbag rack

Amanda : "Can you hold this while I look for my keys?"
Amanda : "Can you look after these while I go to the little ladies room?"
Amanda : "Do me a favour and hang on to these while I try on some clothes"

For this reason I never wear red, as it will clash with Amanda's purses and handbags, which I am inevitably holding.
:D

My first wife just shoved her purse at me and went into the waiting room with a bunch of clothes. I stuck it under the counter and winked at the employee, who laughed. Then I went to sporting goods.

45 minutes later she found me.

"You were supposed to be watching my purse!"

"I never heard you say that."

"I didn't have to."

"Yeah, but you know you will have to from now on. And I'll say "no". There's room in the fitting room for your purse."
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9536
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:25 pm

Which marriage was that? Oh - your first... seems you didn`t learn. :razz:

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21817
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 pm

TJrandom wrote:Which marriage was that? Oh - your first... seems you didn`t learn. :razz:

I told that story to the next three while we were dating.*



*No, I didn't date all three at the same time. Just 2 & 3.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9536
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Which marriage was that? Oh - your first... seems you didn`t learn. :razz:

I told that story to the next three while we were dating.*



*No, I didn't date all three at the same time. Just 2 & 3.


R i g h t.... blame the victims - THEY didn`t learn anything. Oh... and and... you didn`t learn anything either in that you didn`t reject 2 & 3 for not rejecting you. Sheesh... :lol:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:02 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:...I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities...

Backpack. (Or a utility kilt. If you can't find a kilt, utilize what's normally wearing it. :-P)
I have a couple of messenger bags, but they tend to be oriented wrongly for the traditional women's wallet. I used to stuff everything into the six pockets of my motorcycle jacket, but it's a bit cold here for leather that's only lined with thin fabric. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:19 am

TJrandom wrote:16" OC for 2x4 and 24" OC for 2x6 is just fine for Florida/warm climates, but not for heavy snow loads or tile roofing. For these, if 2x4s, I`d double up 2x4s every third.
Whoever built my house did so without thinking even once.
• I live in New England. My house has a 2/12 pitch roof, while the garage roof is completely flat.
• The front door is at the other end of the house from the driveway.
• The northeast side of the house boasts two ginormous, floor-to-ceiling picture windows. In New England. Where we habitually experience nor'easters.
• The entire southern exposure is wasted on the two bedrooms.
• The boiler and hot water heater are at the opposite end of the house from the oil and propane tanks. There are miles of copper pipes and tubing in my basement. It's probably worth a fortune.
• While the fireplace is correctly situated in the interior of the house, the hearth is not in the living room, but the basement.
• In the kitchen, the range is located right next to the refrigerator.
• The front of the house is 20 feet from a perennial brook that experiences a great deal of erosion. And the septic tank is between the house and the brook. I'm hoping it doesn't fall off.
It's almost as if they thought of everything they could do wrong, then incorporated all those mistakes into one house. I've been picking away as I can afford it, and I'm enthusiastically anticipating remodeling both kitchen and bath.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:22 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:...I'm looking for a way to avoid carrying a purse, whilst lugging around all the necessities...


My entire reason for existing is to serve as a temporary purse and handbag rack

Amanda : "Can you hold this while I look for my keys?"
Amanda : "Can you look after these while I go to the little ladies room?"
Amanda : "Do me a favour and hang on to these while I try on some clothes"

For this reason I never wear red, as it will clash with Amanda's purses and handbags, which I am inevitably holding.
:D
To be fair, it's not a whole lot of fun being on the other end of the seesaw.
"Here, put my keys in your purse."
"Hey, can you put my wallet in your purse?"
"I forgot to leave my sunglasses in the car; can you put them in your purse?"
Sure, no problem. I'll just install wheels on the damn thing. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:23 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:"Yeah, but you know you will have to from now on. And I'll say "no". There's room in the fitting room for your purse."
There are even convenient hooks on which to hang it, both in fitting rooms and rest rooms. Imagine that. :P
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4129
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:54 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:"Yeah, but you know you will have to from now on. And I'll say "no". There's room in the fitting room for your purse."
There are even convenient hooks on which to hang it, both in fitting rooms and rest rooms. Imagine that. :P


They have hooks in women's restrooms?
Luxury.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9536
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 am

Nikki - don`t tell anyone about those easy to grab copper pipes... Bummer on the rest of the design from hell...


Return to “The Nexus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest