Questions that need answers.

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:20 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Gord wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:Which is which?

Yes. Obviously.

Witch is witch?

Of course.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:50 pm

What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 pm

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:47 pm

How many drunks will be dropped into wells during this eclipse?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 pm

If alcohol_level > 0.18 then gosub well_drop?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Gord wrote:If alcohol_level > 0.18 then gosub well_drop?


If chasing a skirt for sure....

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:57 pm

When asking a stranger what time it is, people frequently point at their left wrist. So why, when asking a stranger for the location of the nearest rest room, don't people point at their crotch?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:02 pm

If Molson Coors Brewing Company stops making Miller beer, will time stop?
Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questionable queen bees that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:06 pm

When will you break out Inn hives?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10510
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Questionable queen bees that need answers.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:When will you break out Inn hives?


Inn hives - is that a euphemism for bedbugs?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questionable queen bees that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:19 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:When will you break out Inn hives?


Inn hives - is that a euphemism for bedbugs?

:lol:



:scratch: I beelieve they call them mites.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:42 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:When asking a stranger what time it is, people frequently point at their left wrist. So why, when asking a stranger for the location of the nearest rest room, don't people point at their crotch?

Wait, don't you? I thought everyone did.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:When asking a stranger what time it is, people frequently point at their left wrist. So why, when asking a stranger for the location of the nearest rest room, don't people point at their crotch?

I ask them if they want to buy an interest in my watch. I paid for one, they should too.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questionable queen bees that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:24 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:When will you break out Inn hives?


Inn hives - is that a euphemism for bedbugs?

:lol:



:scratch: I beelieve they call them mites.

They mite bee.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questionable queen bees that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:03 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:When will you break out Inn hives?


Inn hives - is that a euphemism for bedbugs?

:lol:



:scratch: I beelieve they call them mites.

They mite bee.

If you gnu how it bugs when the mites bite.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:33 am

As Shakespeare in the Flee Bag said, "Mite makes write."
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:36 am

Error. Post cannot be loaded.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:41 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Error. Post cannot be loaded.

You seems to have committed an Error Flynn.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:45 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Error. Post cannot be loaded.

You seems to have committed an Error Flynn.

Yup. It's in a padded cell now. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:48 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Error. Post cannot be loaded.

You seems to have committed an Error Flynn.

Yup. It's in a padded cell now. :-P

In the Land of the Padded Post Count the high poster is king.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:55 am

:king:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:59 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:When asking a stranger what time it is, people frequently point at their left wrist. So why, when asking a stranger for the location of the nearest rest room, don't people point at their crotch?

I ask them if they want to buy an interest in my watch. I paid for one, they should too.
I paid for an iPhone, thus saving me having to pay for a watch, a calculator, a level, a police band radio, a bar code reader, a camera, an iPod, a flashlight, a QR scanner, a compass, a voice recorder, numerous maps, infinite notepads, a game console, a calendar, a personal organizer, and a multitude of subscription news sources.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:04 am

Don't forget the exercise equipment that also trains reflexes. You never knew how quick you could be juggling and catching something slippery in midair!
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:08 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:When asking a stranger what time it is, people frequently point at their left wrist. So why, when asking a stranger for the location of the nearest rest room, don't people point at their crotch?

I ask them if they want to buy an interest in my watch. I paid for one, they should too.
I paid for an iPhone, thus saving me having to pay for a watch, a calculator, a level, a police band radio, a bar code reader, a camera, an iPod, a flashlight, a QR scanner, a compass, a voice recorder, numerous maps, infinite notepads, a game console, a calendar, a personal organizer, and a multitude of subscription news sources.

Can I borrow it? I want one, but don't want to pay for it, so I'd like to see yours for a few years if you don't mind.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:42 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:When asking a stranger what time it is, people frequently point at their left wrist. So why, when asking a stranger for the location of the nearest rest room, don't people point at their crotch?

I ask them if they want to buy an interest in my watch. I paid for one, they should too.

I paid for an iPhone, thus saving me having to pay for a watch, a calculator, a level, a police band radio, a bar code reader, a camera, an iPod, a flashlight, a QR scanner, a compass, a voice recorder, numerous maps, infinite notepads, a game console, a calendar, a personal organizer, and a multitude of subscription news sources.

I didn't buy an iphone, thus saving me even more.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:18 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:When asking a stranger what time it is, people frequently point at their left wrist. So why, when asking a stranger for the location of the nearest rest room, don't people point at their crotch?

I ask them if they want to buy an interest in my watch. I paid for one, they should too.
I paid for an iPhone, thus saving me having to pay for a watch, a calculator, a level, a police band radio, a bar code reader, a camera, an iPod, a flashlight, a QR scanner, a compass, a voice recorder, numerous maps, infinite notepads, a game console, a calendar, a personal organizer, and a multitude of subscription news sources.

Can I borrow it? I want one, but don't want to pay for it, so I'd like to see yours for a few years if you don't mind.

You can have it when I upgrade, which will be fairly soon. They don't pay much when you turn in your used one. It's a 5s with 16GB of storage.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:43 am

With storage being ever cheaper - I`m waiting for the no-cloud-needed versions to come out. I`d settle for 32GB of personal storage and a port to download from.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:03 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:When asking a stranger what time it is, people frequently point at their left wrist. So why, when asking a stranger for the location of the nearest rest room, don't people point at their crotch?

I ask them if they want to buy an interest in my watch. I paid for one, they should too.
I paid for an iPhone, thus saving me having to pay for a watch, a calculator, a level, a police band radio, a bar code reader, a camera, an iPod, a flashlight, a QR scanner, a compass, a voice recorder, numerous maps, infinite notepads, a game console, a calendar, a personal organizer, and a multitude of subscription news sources.

Can I borrow it? I want one, but don't want to pay for it, so I'd like to see yours for a few years if you don't mind.

You can have it when I upgrade, which will be fairly soon. They don't pay much when you turn in your used one. It's a 5s with 16GB of storage.

Actually I'd be embarrassed to be seen in public with an iPhone.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

If your chickens come home and you don't have a place for them to roost, are you still in trouble?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:42 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Can I borrow it? I want one, but don't want to pay for it, so I'd like to see yours for a few years if you don't mind.

You can have it when I upgrade, which will be fairly soon. They don't pay much when you turn in your used one. It's a 5s with 16GB of storage.

Actually I'd be embarrassed to be seen in public with an iPhone.

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:59 pm

let t = time
let $ = money
let p = power
let k = knowledge
let Æ = (all evil)

if t = m and if m = p and if k = p and if m = î
then t = î and p = î and k = î

There's not really a question here, is there?
(Well, now there is.)
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:...
Actually I'd be embarrassed to be seen in public with an iPhone.

But you've got to admit it's an improvement over the iDrum.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:...
Actually I'd be embarrassed to be seen in public with an iPhone.

But you've got to admit it's an improvement over the iDrum.

...and the {!#%@}..
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:52 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:...
Actually I'd be embarrassed to be seen in public with an iPhone.

But you've got to admit it's an improvement over the iDrum.
If they made VR glasses, they could name 'em iEye. The military version would be iAyeSir.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:22 am

.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:33 am

Don't feed it after midnight.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby TJrandom » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:40 am

Does a boar bristle when brushed with a boar bristle brush?
Does a bore bristle when brushed with a bore bristle brush?
Does a Boer bristle when brushed with a Boer bristle brush?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 am

Some musical questions that, I believe, have never been answered:

1. Who are you?
2. Hey, hey...what can I do?
3. Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?
4. When will I be loved?
5. Where have all the good times gone?
6. Why don't you do right...like some other men do?
7. Why can't this be love?
8. Why do fools fall in love?
9. How can you say I go about things the wrong way?
10. What shall we use to fill the empty places where we used to talk?

Bonus Points: Is it alive, does it writhe, can it survive under the sun?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Gord » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:35 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8222
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Questions that need answers.

Postby Poodle » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:44 am

12. What'Cha Gonna Do About It?


Return to “The Nexus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest