Gorgeous is Gorgeously unique

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Gorgeous is Gorgeously unique

Postby zeuzzz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:18 am

Hey Gorgeous.

This thread is for you to comment about whatever you want, and what you think about any subject you have brought up here that you think has been mistreated or misrepresented by people on this forum. It was inspired by this forum post; predicated on the idea of finding common ground between people with various different beliefs.

I will listen to your arguments, not attack you personally, and try to find common ground between you, me and the skeptic community here.

So I simply ask you, as a person, on a one to one level, what on this forum (posts, replies, quotes, etc) has bugged you the most after you brought up valid points? And why is that?

I'm a recovering David Icke fan (10 years ago), even Alex Jones too; they cover some fascinating stuff sometimes. But please be aware that they are in no way beyond critisism, nor should everything they say be taken as gospel.

Much respect,
Zeuzzz
Last edited by zeuzzz on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Re: Gorgeous is Gorgeously unique

Postby Poodle » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:26 am

BS, zeuzzz, and far below the moral attitude I would have expected from you. Although I, more often than not, attack gorgeous on this forum because of her attitudes and beliefs, I take great exception to your attempt to garner her support for your ideas. Your arguments with Matthew are YOUR arguments. I would hope that gorgeous is able to see this new tactic of yours and identify it for what it is.

Steer clear, gorgeous.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:30 am

lol ignore poodle Gorgeous.

He'll probs forgive me in a week or so, after he cools off.

Just like he had a tantrum and put me on ignore over xmas, then quickly reverted it soon after.

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:31 am

I like the title of this thread.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:50 am

zeuzzz wrote: I'm a recovering David Icke fan (10 years ago),
You were still promoting McKenna on the Above Top Secret forum, in 2012. This was nine months before you started promoting the Mckenna cult here. You were banned from the JREF forum in the intervening period, for doing the same.

Gorgeous was promoting her "Seth" cult, on the same forums. She still copies the posts here, from her earlier cult propaganda posts on other forums, like you do.

It's how cult members spam forums.
:D

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:02 am

zeuzzz wrote:Well instead of being so confrontational, derisionary, hostile and demeaning with the user gorgeous, why not instead of taking purely in an adversarial 'you're crazy' attitude to this person (who yes, Matt, is a real person) try to find some kind of common ground and work forward from that, to educate them?

Don't make me turn the tables you on you Matt. I'm an extremely patient person. I do not fling around the same derisionary, ad hom, personal and totally unwarranted (let alone defined) attacks like you do daily. However, as I warned you before, if you keep this egotistical ego massaging offensive approach to all my posts; I will eventually employ your very same approach reciprocally, and if it comes to that in the process, I've absolutely no doubt that I'll destroy you post by post.

So just stop it.

Not only is it highly unprofessional, but highly un-academic.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:08 am

zeuzzz wrote: Don't make me turn the tables you on you Matt.
How? You can't even respond to debate you agreed to argue in. My cat is more effective than you are Zeuzzz. :D

zeuzzz wrote: I will eventually employ your very same approach reciprocally, and if it comes to that in the process, I've absolutely no doubt that I'll destroy you post by post.
Zeuzzz, there is no evidence you can tie your own shoe-laces, let alone respond to basic questions about your cult's claims. :D

You haven't even got the balls to formally inform Austin that you refuse to continue in the debate. You are a waste of space.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:19 am

Yawn. You realize the more you attack me personally, ad hominem style, the less people on this forum respect you? Quote me one Ad Hom I've ever made against anyone here (don't even bother looking; I never have). And don't let me embarrass you with all the times you have made this logical fallacy / emotionally driven argument. It would take up this entire page. Anyway, this thread is for Gorgeous to post her/his (gawn damn guessing genders online) material, as I outlined (I thought quite clearly), not you to attack me. You already have at least 8 other threads you do that in anyway, please continue in them instead.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:17 am

zeuzzz wrote:Yawn. You realize the more you attack me personally, ad hominem style, the less people on this forum respect you?
Thanks for the tip. What about respecting people who can back up their arguments? :D

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:26 pm

I like this skeptic cult...Ellard is a cult himself......never been to Icke sites....rarely at Alex Jones, he has good info at times....I'm not one to argue ....I make my points , give info .....but, ty, I am gorgeously unique in more ways than one.... :mrgreen:
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:45 pm

"predicated on the idea of finding common ground between people with various different beliefs. "

Ah....good old false equivalence.

Surely the reason you fell for David Icke and Alex Jones in the first place is the pernicious myth that all views are somehow equal and worthy of 'respect'. The problem with Icke ( and I recently watched the whole of his lecture at Oxford university ) is that whilst a good deal of what he says in such lectures is actually true, the conclusions he then draws from that are totally bogus and don't actually follow from the truths. To watch Icke's mind at work is to see someone actually extremely skilled at logical fallacies.

One of Icke's most common ploys ( he used it several times in the Oxford lecture ) is what is known as the 'Galileo gambit'. Saying things like ' they laughed at Galileo'...as if somehow the fact that Galileo was laughed at and was right all along means that the same is true of Icke. This is classic conspiracist logical fallacy. It goes hand in hand with the fallacy of false equivalence...the notion that 'all views are equal'...or its lesser equivalent of 'finding common ground'.

Well, in my world things are either true or they are not. There is no 'common ground' between truth and falsity. The whole 'common ground' thing shows you haven't yet fully escaped the clutches of the likes of Icke and Jones.
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:51 pm

what did icke say that was false?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:22 pm

gorgeous wrote:what did icke say that was false?

He actually started off quite well, with a good presentation of why people should think for themselves about the news they read.

But it rapidly went downhill and ended up with a load of pseudo-science about universal consciousness and the matrix and free energy from UFO technology and so on.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:52 am

there is free energy and other tech from ufo tech, the Dept . of Energy is doing laser tests to find out if we live in a hologram, many scientists are saying we might live in a simulation, and people who have out of body and nde's say universal consciousness is real...scientists will learn....

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:47 am

Nobody has ever created a demonstrable working 'free energy' device...and nobody can even prove that UFOs exist, let alone that they run on free energy.

As for the universe being a hologram, that is based on theories than have nothing whatever to do with artificial realities. It simply means the universe is a three dimensional representation of a two dimensional surface. Alas...pseudo-scientists and the media picked up on the word 'hologram' and hyped it up into 'simulation'...when that is NOT what the scientists are testing for.

I'll believe in OBE's when I see a genuine veridical example under stringent laboratory conditions.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Cygnus_X1 wrote:and nobody can even prove that UFOs exist

I think its fairly safe to say that UFOs exist. I can't identify most birds I see flying past, for example; therefore they are Unidentified Flying Objects.

That doesn't mean they're from Venus, though.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:56 pm

nothing is real unless a scientist tells you it is...typical...nothing is real according to Bohr-------------------------------"If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you, you haven’t understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.” - Niels Bohr-----------------and you don't know nobody has created a free energy device...just because they didn't tell you doesn't mean it doesn't exist...-----------: Do We Live in a 2-D Hologram? - NBC News

http://www.nbcnews.com/.../do-we-live-2 ... hysicist...

NBCNews.com

Aug 27, 2014 - Do We Live in a 2-D Hologram? Physicists Aim to Find Out. Physicists at Fermilab in Illinois have turned on a laser-based experiment that could reveal whether the three-dimensional world we perceive is merely a "Matrix"-style illusion generated by a cosmic two-dimensional hologram.
Last edited by gorgeous on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Cyg...I don't believe you actually exist unless I see results from a lab...can you prove you exist?

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:28 pm

"and you don't know nobody has created a free energy device"

I also 'don't know' that there aren't unicorns living in the forests of Patagonia or leprechauns living on the Moon.

That is where a concept known as evidence comes in. Science is about evidence, not about cherry picking what to believe because it makes you feel good.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:36 pm

...guess that's a no....how about the tests to find out if we live in a hologram?...sounds like Bohr was right....

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:38 pm

gorgeous wrote:Cyg...I don't believe you actually exist unless I see results from a lab...can you prove you exist?

That is where science is also based on the notion of 'reasonable assumptions'.

I have never been to Australia, but I have sufficient evidence and cause to believe the place exists. I know a number of people who have been there. I have no end of photos and documentaries and so on. The evidence that there really is a place called Australia is overwhelming. It is highly unlikely that Australia doesn't actually exist.

I have never seen a unicorn. Neither do I know anyone who has seen one. And neither have I ever seen any credible evidence that unicorns exist. There are no legitimate photos, and neither is there any part of a unicorn, or unicorn DNA or whatever. In fact there is ZERO evidence.

Thus it is a reasonable assumption that Australia exists, and not a reasonable assumption that unicorns exist. That is science, in a nut shell.
Last edited by Cygnus_X1 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:39 pm

gorgeous wrote:...guess that's a no....how about the tests to find out if we live in a hologram?...sounds like Bohr was right....

Um....no...its a statement that the burden of proof for free energy devices existing lies with those who believe in them.

Got evidence ?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Multiple Scientists Confirm The Reality of Free Energy ...

www.collective-evolution.com/.../multip ... reality-...

Oct 11, 2013 - Who is benefiting from suppressing scientific research? Whose power and wealth is threatened by access to clean and free energy? Who has

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:44 pm

gorgeous wrote:nothing is real unless a scientist tells you it is...typical...nothing is real according to Bohr-------------------------------"If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you, you haven’t understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.” - Niels Bohr-----------------and you don't know nobody has created a free energy device...just because they didn't tell you doesn't mean it doesn't exist...-----------: Do We Live in a 2-D Hologram? - NBC News

http://www.nbcnews.com/.../do-we-live-2 ... hysicist...

NBCNews.com

Aug 27, 2014 - Do We Live in a 2-D Hologram? Physicists Aim to Find Out. Physicists at Fermilab in Illinois have turned on a laser-based experiment that could reveal whether the three-dimensional world we perceive is merely a "Matrix"-style illusion generated by a cosmic two-dimensional hologram.

Quote somebody who sounds important out of context and dismiss anything that hints at the need for evidence, typical.

The scientific method is not a set of rules. You can't find a published document anywhere saying "this is the rules which you must live by before you can say something is real", that's just how people like gorgeous like to characterize it because they don't like the principles that actually are the scientific method. It's more like ethics, the rules are things like; be humble, expect others to question you, respect all input, show your work. Gorgeous refuses to do any of that, so she has to re-phrase it to make it sound like those things are bad.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:46 pm

gorgeous wrote:Multiple Scientists Confirm The Reality of Free Energy ...

http://www.collective-evolution.com/... ... reality-...

Oct 11, 2013 - Who is benefiting from suppressing scientific research? Whose power and wealth is threatened by access to clean and free energy? Who has

Sigh.

You pseudo-scientific people just desperately trawl the net looking for any 'scientist' who might agree with your pre-conceived views and totally ignoring the 99.99% and scientific papers that don't.

The idea that 'free energy' is being suppressed is just absolute codswallop. The reality is that these alleged 'free energy' devices are regularly tested and found to be bogus, or that the device actually consumes more energy to run than it outputs.

The Casimir effect is TINY...and very short range. You'd get a trillion times more energy from a hamster on a treadmill.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:18 pm

nope ...the last thing energy companies want is free energy for the public...that's why it is hidden.... -------When this interview was filmed in October 2000, Dr. Eugene Mallove was Editor-In-Chief of the magazine Infinite Energy and Director of the New Energy Research Laboratory in New Hampshire. He holds two MIT degrees in Aeronautical-Astronautical Engineering and a Harvard Doctorate in Environmental Health Sciences (Air Pollution Control Engineering). He has broad experience in high-technology engineering at companies including Hughes Research Labs, TASC (The Analytic Science Corporation) and MIT Lincoln Laboratory. Dr. Mallove was the Chief Science Writer at MIT when the cold fusion story broke in March 1989, and he resigned in 1991 after his requested investigation into the altered cold fusion data at MIT (which helped to discredit the whole subject) was not properly done. The marginalization by the scientific establishment of the cold fusion topic bears strong resemblance to the similar marginalization of the ET/UFO topic: both have been ridiculed and defamed because they break established paradigms. As Dr. Mallove states in this interview, "There is nothing worse...than suggesting to academic physicists in particular, and academics in general, that they are not only wrong; they are disastrously wrong, catastrophically wrong." In his magazine, Dr. Mallove has advised us to remember the sentiments of Michael Faraday: "Nothing is too wonderful to be true."
https://youtu.be/6y98YwJ2GEE

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:20 pm

^^^ this is what happens when someone reveals too much----- Two Arrested Six Years After Mallove Murder - PESN.com

pesn.com/.../9501633_Two_Arrested_Six_Years_After_Mallove_Murde...

Apr 2, 2010 - ... fusion physicist and Free Energy science pillar, Dr. Eugene Mallove, formerly with MIT, most famous for his advocacy of Low Energy Nuclear ...

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:46 am

LOL....strange how you are happy to quote 'scientists' and their qualifications when it suits you, yet the rest of the time the whole of science is bunkum. This is the classic example of pseudo-scientific people cherry picking only those wacky 'scientists' with far out views whilst totally ignoring the fact that 99.99% of the science community think they are idiots. Having a degree does not prevent a person being an idiot. That is why science is built on consensus, not on who has the wackiest ideas. Heck...you'll find people with degrees quite happily arguing that Noah's ark existed or that Adam and Eve lived with dinosaurs.

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:54 am

I also note that the classic pseudo-scientific approach is to just totally ignore all counter evidence and change the subject. It is futile arguing with such people, because every time they present stuff and it is shown to be a load of tosh, they simply dig up more complete tosh from the internet. It's like arguing with creationists, who just evade issue after issue until the whole argument goes round in circles and they hope that by the time it gets back round to their original claim everyone has forgotten that that was dismissed a thousand posts ago.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:30 am

gorgeous wrote:nothing is real unless a scientist tells you it is...

Apparently, you're the only one here who believes that.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:06 am

Cygnus_X1 wrote:"predicated on the idea of finding common ground between people with various different beliefs. "

Ah....good old false equivalence.

Surely the reason you fell for David Icke and Alex Jones in the first place is the pernicious myth that all views are somehow equal and worthy of 'respect'. The problem with Icke ( and I recently watched the whole of his lecture at Oxford university ) is that whilst a good deal of what he says in such lectures is actually true, the conclusions he then draws from that are totally bogus and don't actually follow from the truths. To watch Icke's mind at work is to see someone actually extremely skilled at logical fallacies.

Totally agree. It's somewhat of a paradox; a lot of material he covers is correct, true and objective. Yet ...

Then he will take such evidence, such as chlorine in water supplies, name the institutions that have advocated it, the people in said instituations; and then propose that it's a mass chemical warfare campaign by a top secret NWO order elite to chemically castrate our mental cognition :shock:

I mean, wtf! ~There is a litany of science on this matter he simply ignores. Seriously, he's a joke. Even if he does cover some empirically interesting facts on occasions.

That is just one example out of many I could use.

I'm not even sure he's a con-man; I really think he's deluded himself so much he can't see the forest for the trees anymore.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:07 am

gorgeous wrote:^^^ this is what happens when someone reveals too much----- Two Arrested Six Years After Mallove Murder - PESN.com

pesn.com/.../9501633_Two_Arrested_Six_Years_After_Mallove_Murde...

Apr 2, 2010 - ... fusion physicist and Free Energy science pillar, Dr. Eugene Mallove, formerly with MIT, most famous for his advocacy of Low Energy Nuclear ...

Gorgeous, your link doesn't work? try again. Sounds interesting.

But please don't take it personally if I don't believe what they say.

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:36 am

"I really think he's deluded himself so much he can't see the forest for the trees anymore."

He uses the 'Galileo gambit' at least half a dozen times in his lecture. This is the classic ' they laughed at Galileo, and he was right'...with the illogical conclusion being that being laughed at means one is somehow on the right track. Such a person becomes incapable of critical self-analysis because they have convinced themselves that they are laughed at not because they are ludicrous ( which they are ) but because they are the new Galileo. Icke then goes on to make a career out of cognitive dissonance...with equally dissonant idiots prepared to pay good money for his books.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:09 am

images (14).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:12 pm

You might like this:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/David_Icke
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:08 pm

no ...very biased....Icke seems to know some good stuff...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:18 pm

From the wiki:

Permanently upping the batshit ante

If all of the above wasn't crazy enough for you, Icke seems to have taken The Matrix literally (well, minus the parts with Keanu Reeves and robot overlords). He believes that much of reality is a holographic projection or sensory illusion being beamed down by our alien overlords from the moon, which is actually a space-station with a hollow interior. No, really... no, really.[15]

//////////// anybody here think the moon has a hollow interior?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:26 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:From the wiki:

Permanently upping the batshit ante

If all of the above wasn't crazy enough for you, Icke seems to have taken The Matrix literally (well, minus the parts with Keanu Reeves and robot overlords). He believes that much of reality is a holographic projection or sensory illusion being beamed down by our alien overlords from the moon, which is actually a space-station with a hollow interior. No, really... no, really.[15]

//////////// anybody here think the moon has a hollow interior?

gorgeous has stated that she does.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:29 pm

There are two types of people in the world: those who are bat {!#%@} crazy, and those who pretend for various reasons to be bat {!#%@} crazy. Neither are worth the time of day.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:03 pm

look at these crazies...----- NBCNews.com

Aug 27, 2014 - Do We Live in a 2-D Hologram? Physicists Aim to Find Out. Physicists at Fermilab in Illinois have turned on a laser-based experiment that could reveal whether the three-dimensional world we perceive is merely a "Matrix"-style illusion generated by a cosmic two-dimensional hologram ---------it's the Dept. of Energy testing to find out if we do live in a hologram....

Return to “The Nexus”