What's Grinding Your Gears Today?

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: What's Grinding Your Gears Today?

Postby fromthehills » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:27 pm

Clinton did win the popular vote. What's disturbing, however, is that we did elect one of the most awful public figures that I can think of. In fact, I can't think of anyone worse. I do appreciate the idea of keeping a sense of humor, and perhaps I'll get there. I don't know. Right now I'm just too much in shock to.

We elected a white supremacist, misogynistic, xenophobic, sex offending, narcistic psychopath. He's a petty coward, like a fearful dog that runs when you look at him, but lashes out when you turn your back.

I feel like I'm awaiting sentencing. We may be sentenced to 4 years or 8. There will be ass rape involved either way. I do hope the world community accepts us when we are released.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:03 pm

I do hope those who are in positions to curb a white supremacist, misogynistic, xenophobic, sex offending, narcissistic psychopath will do successfully what they can but, and also worrisome, there are also his now emboldened white supremacist, misogynistic, xenophobic, sex offending, narcissistic psychopath rabid followers that one has to deal with...

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:34 pm

And really, they are the wunz to blame. Trump woudnt hav wun without them.

You coud blame the GoP leaderz for assembling them into a cohesiv voting block, but then it goez rite back to who voted for the GoPs. Trump iz an opportunist who saw an opportunity.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Major Malfunction
True Skeptic
Custom Title: The Hyphenator 9001

Postby Major Malfunction » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:54 pm

My current ex-girlfriend dumped me because Trump was elected.

I was dumped for Trump.

Apparently, saying, "I don't give a {!#%@} about foreign politics", was the wrong answer.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:39 am

Major Malfunction wrote:My current ex-girlfriend dumped me because Trump was elected.
Amanda and I are trying to sort his out. Is your current ex-girlfriend an ex-girlfriend who still is alive today and is thus current? What happened to the previous girlfriends?

Alternatively, did you start writing that sentence about you current girlfriend and she dumped you, mid-sentence, thus becoming your ex-girlfriend?

Alternatively, did your current ex-girlfriend have aspirations of "trading up" and although Trump was repulsive as a mere citizen, he somehow became more appealing as President?
:D

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:26 am

I read it as MM has not found his next ex-girlfriend. Those will continue until he learns that women want men who "care" about everything....and agree with them as well. Dating 101 page two.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Major Malfunction
True Skeptic

Postby Major Malfunction » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:14 am

Bobbo gets me. :)
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:27 am

No one gets you Mal.. just accept it. I came close, and then ran in fear of my sanity. Just part of it.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:29 am

For^ not of. Jesus

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:38 am

I bet MM would have liked the compliment. :-P

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:39 am

...but then again...

Major Malfunction
True Skeptic

Postby Major Malfunction » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:03 am

fromthehills wrote:No one gets you Mal.. just accept it. I came close, and then ran in fear of my sanity. Just part of it.

I do. My whole life. Why I have no friends and go through women like seasons fashions.

You guys are the closest thing I have for friends.

I'm not lonely, tho'. I'm very much a lone wolf. I've learnt to cope by myself. In fact, I'm happiest in my fortress of solitude.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:54 am

It's a cozy little place, ain't it. :beach:

:gum:

Major Malfunction
True Skeptic

Postby Major Malfunction » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:06 am

Yup. When I found this little boutique hidden down a dark alleyway of the Internet, I settled right in and ordered a drink. Lots of interesting people have come and gone since. And for a little speakeasy, we've made a lot of real world impact.

Cheers, my friends! :redwine:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:16 am

:ahoy:

Flash
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Flash » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:33 am

Cheers you alien freak . :tease: :wave: :redwine:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:24 am

fromthehills wrote:Clinton did win the popular vote. What's disturbing, however, is that we did elect one of the most awful public figures that I can think of. In fact, I can't think of anyone worse. I do appreciate the idea of keeping a sense of humor, and perhaps I'll get there. I don't know. Right now I'm just too much in shock to.

We elected a white supremacist, misogynistic, xenophobic, sex offending, narcistic psychopath. He's a petty coward, like a fearful dog that runs when you look at him, but lashes out when you turn your back.

I feel like I'm awaiting sentencing. We may be sentenced to 4 years or 8. There will be ass rape involved either way. I do hope the world community accepts us when we are released.

IMPEACH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!!!!!
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Wild animal

Postby Gord » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:39 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
fromthehills wrote:Clinton did win the popular vote. What's disturbing, however, is that we did elect one of the most awful public figures that I can think of. In fact, I can't think of anyone worse. I do appreciate the idea of keeping a sense of humor, and perhaps I'll get there. I don't know. Right now I'm just too much in shock to.

IMPEACH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!!!!!

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Flash
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Flash » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:45 am

fromthehills wrote:

You've picked up this flowery rhetoric from those eloquent puppets of the Wall Street the Clitorians didn't you?

What evidence is there that he is a white supremacist? Because KKK voted for him? Well, if I run for the president of the Universe and Adolf Hiler decided to vote for me would that be my fault?

What evidence is there that he is a misogynist? He said he loves women, he's had three wives. His daughter doesn't think he is a misogynist and has he ever said that women only belong, as the Germans used to put it, with Kinder, Kuche and Kirche?

Trump is xenophobic? But his two wives have come from Central Europe. Melania is from Slovenia, I think, and his son Donald junior grew up in the Czech Republic.

And he is sex offending as well? Aha all those women whom Clinton's private detectives managed to drag out from some woodworks after ten or more years. It's a first class smear job by those icons of respectability Bill and Hillary Clinton.

And finally, face it everybody, all our dear leaders have been and are narcissistic psychopaths. What can you do, the job is a magnet for such people.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:58 am

One wonders why you didn`t take on `petty coward`, and what you might have said about him being a `racist`?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:10 am

TJrandom wrote:One wonders why you didn`t take on `petty coward`, and what you might have said about him being a `racist`?

Yea verily. I was gonna parse the post for a rebuttal of each point with multiple examples. But I agree with Flash's conclusion....so ... just an exercise missing the greater point?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:49 am

Flash wrote:Well, if I run for the president of the Universe and Adolf Hiler decided to vote for me would that be my fault?

Yes.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:14 am

HEY TJ: do you think either Clintons' income/donations will go up or down? In either case..........no corruption at all huh?

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:43 am

Both down no doubt, but no evidence for corruption at all, huh! Unless you have some? BTW - they will really go down when they die.

OTOH - with the master liar in the White House the real corruption begins - not having released his financials, not having distanced himself from his businesses, and having vowed to make the already too rich even richer.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:26 pm

OK....I'll go one more time. The EVIDENCE is exactly what is before you and what your own common sense tells you: their income/fees that directly PROVIDE NO BENEFIT AT ALL to the fee payers goes UP when Hillary takes office, and will go down now that she will have no office. Your thinking the fees will go down has NO OTHER EXPLANATION THAN: CORRUPTION!!!

I didn't ask you what could be proved in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt.............I asked you "what do you think." Those are two entirely different questions. You conflate them. Why.......I don't know. Corruption should be recognized and called out whenever it is spied. Evil occurs when good people stay silent. Know what I mean Silent Tj?

Like that turtle stranded on a fence post: How did the Clintons get so rich, and why did they stop making their Millions?

It is obvious. The mechanism has even been written about: third party attorney's running the scam---No Clinton fingerprints.

You know: ............................................................. skillful.

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:48 pm

And I told you what I think. I also know what evidence is - and what it is not. So again, if you have any evidence, please do share. Otherwise you are again in BS territory – which is just fine for what it is.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:56 pm

TJrandom wrote:And I told you what I think. I also know what evidence is - and what it is not. So again, if you have any evidence, please do share. Otherwise you are again in BS territory – which is just fine for what it is.

I'd relax and enjoy the theme-park ride. It may end up being quite a short ride. :D

Here we have the new President of the United States not telling his own country what his communications were, with Russia, during the elections.

It must be evil Hillary Clinton's fault! :lol:

(I'm waiting to see how Trump can convert all his businesses to a blind trust before he takes office and then keep at arm's length distance while President. Now that's going to be funny .)

Donald Trump’s questionable ‘blind trust’ setup just got more questionable
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... stionable/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mduTEvnU0

Flash
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Flash » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:57 pm

Flash wrote:
Well, if I run for the president of the Universe and Adolf Hiler decided to vote for me would that be my fault?

Gord:
Yes.

Oh yeah? But what if Mother Teresa, pope John Paul II, Mahatma Gandhi, Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz all voted for me as well?
Surely, I couldn't tell those people how to vote and therefore I would not be responsible for their choice.

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:02 am

Trump never intended a blind trust - but rather turning the USA into Trumpland. Now if he wanted a sure thing blind trust, he could turn it all over to the Clinton Foundation - and for just once, actually make a charitable donation.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:38 am

TJrandom wrote:Trump never intended a blind trust - but rather turning the USA into Trumpland.

Here's some fun reading ETHICS IN GOVERNMENT ACT OF 1978
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-20 ... icsing.pdf

As this type of matter has not come up often, the legislation has little High Court precedent (case-law) to follow as a guideline. Considering Trump will appoint his own High Court Judge, it will be difficult to see how any application to the court can be made with any hope of success. To be frank, Trump can still control his businesses and is just making a "show" about establishing a blind trust.

It seems to me that, Trump will be "undone" by some minor criminal law that no one was expecting. On the happy side, there will be a lot of people looking into this. On the unhappy side, there will be one or two foreign countries simply looking for blackmail opportunities using the same law.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:41 am

Flash wrote:Flash wrote:
Well, if I run for the president of the Universe and Adolf Hiler decided to vote for me would that be my fault?

Gord:
Yes.

Oh yeah? But what if Mother Teresa, pope John Paul II, Mahatma Gandhi, Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz all voted for me as well?
Surely, I couldn't tell those people how to vote and therefore I would not be responsible for their choice.

Still also your fault.
#ANDAMOVIE

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:36 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Trump never intended a blind trust - but rather turning the USA into Trumpland.

Here's some fun reading ETHICS IN GOVERNMENT ACT OF 1978
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-20 ... icsing.pdf

As this type of matter has not come up often, the legislation has little High Court precedent (case-law) to follow as a guideline. Considering Trump will appoint his own High Court Judge, it will be difficult to see how any application to the court can be made with any hope of success. To be frank, Trump can still control his businesses and is just making a "show" about establishing a blind trust.

It seems to me that, Trump will be "undone" by some minor criminal law that no one was expecting. On the happy side, there will be a lot of people looking into this. On the unhappy side, there will be one or two foreign countries simply looking for blackmail opportunities using the same law.

Very interesting. Maybe he will use a private server to avoid FOIA requests for a copy. :lol:

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:19 pm

Gwen Ifill died on Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gwe ... 21bbc9e113

Gwen Ifill, moderator and managing editor of “Washington Week” and co-anchor of “PBS NewsHour,” has died. She was 61 years old.

WETA President and CEO Sharon Percy Rockefeller confirmed the news to staff in a Monday email, saying Ifill died of cancer.
#ANDAMOVIE

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:35 am

Gord wrote:Gwen Ifill died on Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gwe ... 21bbc9e113

Gwen Ifill, moderator and managing editor of “Washington Week” and co-anchor of “PBS NewsHour,” has died. She was 61 years old.

WETA President and CEO Sharon Percy Rockefeller confirmed the news to staff in a Monday email, saying Ifill died of cancer.

Godamnit.

I didn't know this was coming. Good people die, and {!#%@} live forever.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:47 am

Yeah, but as many are believers, they usually absorbed plenty of Prep-Hell.

robinson
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Postby robinson » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:41 pm

And then light both on fire and watch it burn
"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"
-- Oscar Wilde

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Everybody dies.......its the only thing that makes life fair.

I think there is a direct correlations between the BS of an activity and the number of awards such activity gives itself. Seems to me No 1 on that list is Hollywood, with No 2 being Journalism.

I am sure Ms Ifill was a very nice person....but as a journalist, from what I have seen, she was nothing but a newsreader. Prize worthy I suppose. Snowden and Assange: real heros. Not yet a prize between them.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:16 pm

????
Who are you?
And what have you done with the real FTH?
Free him at once!
While I don't of course, speak for anyone but myself, if it is ransom you area after, I hereby pledge to sacrifice my rhinestone encrusted cat's eye spectacles and my collection of gold chains, to the cause of his (individual) freedom and his inviolate Second Amendment rights.
Speak up: they'r'e yours.
Norma Manna Blum

P.S. Or, should push come to shove, we COULD sell off the National Parks.
NMB

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:58 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I am sure Ms Ifill was a very nice person....but as a journalist, from what I have seen, she was nothing but a newsreader. Prize worthy I suppose. Snowden and Assange: real heros. Not yet a prize between them.

:facepalm:
#ANDAMOVIE

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Gord wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I am sure Ms Ifill was a very nice person....but as a journalist, from what I have seen, she was nothing but a newsreader. Prize worthy I suppose. Snowden and Assange: real heros. Not yet a prize between them.

:facepalm:

Just wait... they`ll get their `prise` if they ever set foot in the US again... :award:

Return to “The Nexus”