Wuts Oiling Your Girz Today

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Re: Wuts Oiling Your Girz Today

Postby JO 753 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Clean sheets. Sumtimez its the little thingz in life that cheer you up.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:08 pm

I think most people would agree with you. The smell and feeling of fresh linen seems to be so ingrained, I wonder how it got almost universally built into our visceral senses.

Linen is only a few millennia old, after all... Are we all descended from someone who really liked sleeping in fresh linen, so didn't get bubonic plague, or something? Only the people who had some strange fetish for washing their sheets every day survived?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:16 pm

TJrandom wrote:Finally coughing without crying. Minor pleasures… Third night in a reclining massage chair with added cushioning - too chicken to try a regular bed, but maybe tomorrow.

Dude. I told you. Mash that morphine button like you're playing Street Fighter.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:27 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Gord wrote:I think -- I'm not sure, but I THINK -- he means that you should do it as if you enjoy it, whether you actually enjoy it or not.

Either that, or he's been mocking my way of life for years.

That has a manic quality about it. How about: "find the fun in what you do?"

I was going to say something along the lines of how can shovelling {!#%@} be fun? But then I remembered I already made a post about that.

I think both points stand alone tho'. There's fun to be had in hard work, but if you'd rather gouge your eyes out with a spork, then it's probably time to move on.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:35 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Finally coughing without crying. Minor pleasures… Third night in a reclining massage chair with added cushioning - too chicken to try a regular bed, but maybe tomorrow.

Dude. I told you. Mash that morphine button like you're playing Street Fighter.

No morphine, no oxyco, or anything stronger than Tylenol. And I have been told to ween myself off of the Tylenol, which I am doing. Bummer.

Today I did get out for two walks of something over a kilometer each - mostly flat, paved, but sweat inducing just the same. I also gave my bed a test run this afternoon, so will give it a try for at least the first stretch tonight. Progress... ;)

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 am

Are you one of those unfortunate people that can't metabolise opioids?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:38 pm

TJrandom wrote: I have been told to ween myself off of the Tylenol, which I am doing.
Today I did get out for two walks of something over a kilometer each.

I'm guessing, that, as exercise promotes endorphin production, you are sensibly replacing medical endorphin with your own body's natural endorphin production. That makes sense to me as a long term plan. :D

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 am

Sounds like a sucky but sensible part of "suck it up" is also in the prescription. ;)

And one won't overdo whatever it is one is doing if one ain't numbed enough to miss anything amiss...
Hi, Io the lurker.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:15 am

Tylenol Probably Doesn't Work - Cosmopolitan
www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/new ... esnt-work/
Apr 2, 2015 - For tension headaches, any of the above will work, as will Excedrin, which contains acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine. But don't toss your Tylenol just yet: It's still your best bet for treating fevers and noninflammatory pain (i.e., achiness or a sore throat from a cold or flu), Dr. Teitelbaum explains.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:06 am

If I have any pain worth taking a pill for, I go straight for the codeine. It's the only way to be sure. I've never understood the mindset of people who just "suck it up". Why suffer needlessly?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 am

I agree...........but did take codeine "once" and slept for 3 days.

....................did feel better on waking up.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:44 am

Major Malfunction wrote:Are you one of those unfortunate people that can't metabolise opioids?

Don`t think it had anything to do with me. Rather ... TIJ (This is Japan), meaning that these drugs would be used very sparingly here. While still in the ICU, maybe then there was something stronger than Tylenol, but not after.

Also, they would have been looking at my bloodwork results, since certain meds affect the liver or are not good when on just one kidney.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Fair point. You'd wanna stay away from ibuprofen then, which can harm the kidney(s). Paracetamol can harm liver. Codeine is processed to morphine by the liver, which can also harm the liver. And you wanna stay off the sake, because that can double the toxicity.

Sucks to be you at the moment, I guess, TJ! :P

And Bobbo, sounds like you might not be able to metabolise opioids. But about 1/4 people can't. At least it didn't kill you, or make you deathly ill.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:34 pm

I'd love to "sample" ALL the drugs.....in controlled environment and so forth. Nothing illegal. I think there are "doors of perception" that do not open without them.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:02 pm

I've tried most of them. For science!

And yeah, the doors of perception is true.

Altho', there are some doors that should never be opened. And if you happen to, slam it, bolt it, and weld it shut. :lol:

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Poodle wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Poodle wrote:I wish. No - I'm protecting circles. It's becoming extremely time-consuming.

I see. Were you protecting circles in a round about way?

It's actually funny how close to the truth that is :D

Sold out to Big Ouroboros?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:04 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Gord wrote:I think -- I'm not sure, but I THINK -- he means that you should do it as if you enjoy it, whether you actually enjoy it or not.

Either that, or he's been mocking my way of life for years.

That has a manic quality about it. How about: "find the fun in what you do?"

I was going to say something along the lines of how can shovelling {!#%@} be fun? But then I remembered I already made a post about that.

I think both points stand alone tho'. There's fun to be had in hard work, but if you'd rather gouge your eyes out with a spork, then it's probably time to move on.

Ya gotta own that {!#%@}.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:36 am

Major Malfunction wrote:... Sucks to be you at the moment, I guess, TJ! :P ...

No argument there...

I had my last sip of Sake back in February and a beer in early April. Can`t say I am completely off of both for life, but at least for the rest of this year I think. We do a traditional New Years toast with sake on New Years day - so maybe a sip then.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Parralax correction proceeds. Approaching stereopsis.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 pm

:nose:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
TJrandom wrote: I have been told to ween myself off of the Tylenol, which I am doing.

I'm guessing, that, as exercise promotes endorphin production, you are sensibly replacing medical endorphin with your own body's natural endorphin production. That makes sense to me as a long term plan. :D
It actually is sensible, as well as medically-supported. The more you take opioids, the less your body's own pain relievers work. The opioids fill the receptors destined for your own biochemicals. That's one reason I stay away from them, except if needed for post-surgical pain. Other reasons (for me): I have physical limitations and refuse to create self-imposed intellectual limitations, and I'm uninterested in having a monkey the size of King Kong on my back. :P
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:If I have any pain worth taking a pill for, I go straight for the codeine. It's the only way to be sure. I've never understood the mindset of people who just "suck it up". Why suffer needlessly?
Cannabis is a better solution. Fewer side effects, doesn't {!#%@} with your liver, and the possibility for addiction is slim. Plus brownies! :P One of the best things about cannabis is that it doesn't numb the pain; it just changes how it feels. You still know where you're in pain, but it doesn't hurt, so you're far less likely to further injure yourself.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:00 am

We get lenghty prison for cannabis - unless it is just a visualisation.... :?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

It actually is sensible, as well as medically-supported. The more you take opioids, the less your body's own pain relievers work. The opioids fill the receptors destined for your own biochemicals. That's one reason I stay away from them, except if needed for post-surgical pain. Other reasons (for me): I have physical limitations and refuse to create self-imposed intellectual limitations, and I'm uninterested in having a monkey the size of King Kong on my back. :P

Same goes for anything, doesn't it? The more you use it, the less effective it becomes as your body becomes acclimated. Nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, THC, you name it...

Opioids aren't the big bugbear that some people make them out to be. They are, in fact, the most effective pain-killers known to Man. If you don't over-do it.

And that's why I only take exercise sparingly.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:The more you take opioids, the less your body's own pain relievers work. The opioids fill the receptors destined for your own biochemicals. That's one reason I stay away from them, except if needed for post-surgical pain. Other reasons (for me): I have physical limitations and refuse to create self-imposed intellectual limitations, and I'm uninterested in having a monkey the size of King Kong on my back. :P

Same goes for anything, doesn't it? The more you use it, the less effective it becomes as your body becomes acclimated. Nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, THC, you name it...
Yes, I agree. I think I'm immune to caffeine at this point. :mrgreen:

Major Malfunction wrote:Opioids aren't the big bugbear that some people make them out to be. They are, in fact, the most effective pain-killers known to Man. If you don't over-do it.
Sorry if I came across as a Luddite; that wasn't my intention. My comment above was intended to refer to my chronic pain, for which opioids would, obviously, be inappropriate, since it's already been 18 years and I probably have 3-4 decades of life left. However, he last time I had surgery, I needed the dilaudid I was given...it was orthopedic surgery and the post-surgical pain was excruciating.

Major Malfunction wrote:And that's why I only take exercise sparingly.
:lol: I did not see that coming.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm

TJrandom wrote:We get lenghty prison for cannabis - unless it is just a visualisation.... :?
I'm sorry, TJ. I wish it were different, since it helps with so many symptoms and disorders, not merely pain.

Mostly, I use a tincture that's 50% THC and 50% CBD, so the 'high' is limited (because the CBD counteracts the psychoactive effects of THC), but the muscle relaxation and pain relief are heavenly. Sometimes I make baked goods with cannabis-infused oil or butter. I rarely smoke, because that causes the worst dry mouth, and I have Sjøgren's. Plus, ingestion makes the effects last longer.

The folks at my local dispensary are quite knowledgeable about the benefits of different strains, and they work with growers that breed strains for specific benefits.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:And that's why I only take exercise sparingly.
:lol: I did not see that coming.

It was a good setup, no? But it pretty much wrote itself.

And truly, people can become addicted to the biofeedback hormones and whatnot. So the only answer to get their fix is more and more exercise, or jumping out of perfectly good planes for fun. Addiction is an uninterrupted positive feedback loop.

Call it a "natural high" all you want. That's why I don't date extreme sporters. They've tipped over the balance. They're insane junkies.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
TJrandom wrote:We get lenghty prison for cannabis - unless it is just a visualisation.... :?
I'm sorry, TJ. I wish it were different, since it helps with so many symptoms and disorders, not merely pain.

Mostly, I use a tincture that's 50% THC and 50% CBD, so the 'high' is limited (because the CBD counteracts the psychoactive effects of THC), but the muscle relaxation and pain relief are heavenly. Sometimes I make baked goods with cannabis-infused oil or butter. I rarely smoke, because that causes the worst dry mouth, and I have Sjøgren's. Plus, ingestion makes the effects last longer.

The folks at my local dispensary are quite knowledgeable about the benefits of different strains, and they work with growers that breed strains for specific benefits.

It has great medical potential, and as a recreational drug I'd choose it over alcohol any day. But Like TJ, here it is illegal. If you get caught with a joint, you might get off with a warning, or a fine. But not much more can land you in prison for a long time.

They've been talking about allowing medical use for ages. Yet, suspiciously, it only ever gets brought up around election time. They've been promising to duplicate and electrify rail to my town for 60 years.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:It has great medical potential, and as a recreational drug I'd choose it over alcohol any day. But Like TJ, here it is illegal. If you get caught with a joint, you might get off with a warning, or a fine. But not much more can land you in prison for a long time.

They've been talking about allowing medical use for ages. Yet, suspiciously, it only ever gets brought up around election time. They've been promising to duplicate and electrify rail to my town for 60 years.
I'm still surprised that so many US states have legalized medical, and some have legalized recreational, including my state. It's still illegal and a Schedule 1 "dangerous drug" at the federal level, but my common sense tells me that the reason for that is Big Pharma's profits and justifying the continued existence of the DEA.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Yup. Et alia.

Anyways, this is supposed to be the Oiling Gears... Or Girx. Whatever. We should complain together elsewhere.

In good news, I've got another date with the chick I really fancy. Like, I mean fancy a lot. I'm trying not to fall like a teenager into the same trap. There are some red flags, but maybe they're just yellow flags, maybe I'm just too cautious... Time tells all.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:38 pm

MM: Red Flags???? Really? I find that IMMENSELY INTERESTING.

Love (as opposed to porn and sex) means giving "the relationship" EVERY CHANCE IN THE BOOK. There ARE Red Flags...but LOVE demands you act as if there was not. Give it your honest all. You can lick your wounds, or the prize, later.

Red Flags: ego.

Love: ego suspended for the chance.

go for itl

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Everyone's Picky List gets longer as they get older and wiser... ;)

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Everyone's Picky List gets longer as they get older and wiser... ;)
True dat.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Martian landscapes. We've had the tail end of the hurricane today (more an energetic draught where I am). But the storm visited the Sahara desert before it got here and picked up a lot of dust. So we've been treated to a dull red sun casting a dull red light over everything. Grass looks odd, certainly. It doesn't take long to begin to miss old Earth.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:14 pm

I thought that was the tail end of the hurricane that passed by the USA from South Atlantic???? Started off the coast of Africa/sahara.............but.........carried the dust THAT far?

.............who knows. Easy to get an Orange sky without dust..........

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Nevermind......................

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-41635906

Ophelia formed much farther North (Azores) than I had thought. Fires in Spain too.............

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:MM: Red Flags???? Really? I find that IMMENSELY INTERESTING.

Date didn't go well. I dumped her. Those red flags and claxons. Nothing specific. But that was one of the flags. She was the most evasive person I've ever dealt with. She gave absolutely nothing away. Masterfully deceitful. Closed. Locked.

She seemed like a lovely person on the outside, but there was no way I was getting in. Too many barriers and shields. I got bored and said goodbye. Best for me in the long run.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Aw, now you'll never know the beautiful pearl hidden in that crusty old shell...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Yeah. I was legitimately heartbroken. It felt like sawing-off a limb, but it had to be done for my overall welfare. You know?

She was playing me, I could tell. I couldn't figure out her endgame, and she wasn't giving me any clues, and I got bored of the game.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 pm

Kill her and promise you'll look for her in the next life.

Worked for "Cloud Atlas".

Return to “The Nexus”