Remembrance

Where have we been?
Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Remembrance

Post by Aztexan » Mon May 29, 2017 12:38 pm

https://vetvoices.wordpress.com/2014/06 ... emy-lines/

I wanted to honor a brave warrior who was also a very nice and gentle old man named Dallas Lynch. Back in 2012, I had an assignment for arts & humanities class where I had to interview someone from a different generation, preferably one older and one younger. I decided to call a nearby retirement home to explain my assignment and to ask if I could interview a resident. After given permission, I went and the lady introduced me to Mr. Lynch. I had a list of 10 questions I was supposed to ask but I only got to ask him the first one, which was wanting a little background info. He told me about his wife, Virginia, who died a few years earlier and he became a little emotional at the mention of her name and memory but he continued telling me the most fascinating tale I have ever heard straight from the source. I even noted on my assignment that I was never able to ask Mr. Lynch the rest of the required questions as I put my pen and paper down and just listened to him speak.

To be clear, I am not the author of the article I linked to nor is this the interview I conducted for my assignment. This is an article I found recently while I was searching for Mr. Lynch and was sorry to learn he passed away three years ago. This interview is more in depth and better than I could have done.

So in honor of all of our brave men and women who have sacrificed their lives so that we may enjoy our freedom, please take the time to read the tale of one extremely brave young man who felt more terror than I will ever know yet found the will and courage to survive.
trump is Putin's bitch

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: Remembrance

Post by fromthehills » Mon May 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks, bud. That was a good read

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm

the real story that inspired Quint's shark story in Jaws .... [ytube][/ytube]
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 pm

another.... [ytube][/ytube]
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 pm

I realize this post is better suited for Veterans Day since Mr. Lynch didn't die in combat but I still thought it was worth sharing.
trump is Putin's bitch

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon May 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Very much so. And it is an account of large numbers that didn't survive.
Lard, save me from your followers.