Debunking Jewish involvement in the Atlantic Slave Trade?

Where have we been?
Aaron Richards
Poster

Debunking Jewish involvement in the Atlantic Slave Trade?

Postby Aaron Richards » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:17 am

The above image is often shared in right-wing revisionist history forums as proof that Jews were disproportionately involved in the Atlantic slave trade.

The "redpill infographic" does have a source listed (but note how it conveniently lists the entire book rather than a page number or even chapter), I do not have the book on me but something tells me the table is not contained therein, and was rather made by a stormfront guy or Rense, and while I didnt exhaustively examine the family tree of all persons listed, I am already thinking several ones on the list arent even Jews (de Woolf, Roosevelt etc.), but the stormtard who made that list labeled them all as such.

I found this article debunking the charge of "Jews being behind the slave trade", something also spread by Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam in their so-called book, "The secret relationship between blacks and jews"

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-an ... ack-muslim

Any more info would be appreciated.

tl;dr, I know that there were Jewish slave owners and I also am of the conviction that Jews played an insignificant part in the slave trade, and are hence not listed in every school book, rather than some kind of conspiracist cover-up going on, I'd just like more sources and input if possible.
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Debunking Jewish involvement in the Atlantic Slave Trade?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:10 pm

Find a copy of The Slave Trade: The History of the Atlantic Slave Trade 1440-1870 by Hugh Thomas.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Mary Q Contrary
Frequent Poster

Postby Mary Q Contrary » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:Image

The above image is often shared in right-wing revisionist history forums as proof that Jews were disproportionately involved in the Atlantic slave trade.

The "redpill infographic" does have a source listed (but note how it conveniently lists the entire book rather than a page number or even chapter), I do not have the book on me but something tells me the table is not contained therein, and was rather made by a stormfront guy or Rense, and while I didnt exhaustively examine the family tree of all persons listed, I am already thinking several ones on the list arent even Jews (de Woolf, Roosevelt etc.), but the stormtard who made that list labeled them all as such.

I seriously doubt a table containing a column labeled "REAL ethnicity" would be published in a book that didn't have an agenda. I question the veracity of all the information in that table--are those really the names of slave ships and were they really owned by the people listed? And where's the complete list? I'm sure there were more slave ships over the four hundred year history of slavery in the New World than just those listed.
Thanks from:
Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, Satan, Tinky Winky

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Concur on the agenda issue. "Probable" awarded to the ethnicity question.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:37 pm

The owner of the ship is not the same person or company leasing the ship, to bring in slaves.

The Catholic Church owns many a commercial building, where people have leased space and opened brothels. It does not mean the Catholic Church runs the brothels. :D

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:54 pm

Ah, that's why the Mormons don't like 'em too much. They're cutting into their rental business... :lol:

Lard, save me from your followers.

Mary Q Contrary
Frequent Poster

Postby Mary Q Contrary » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:The owner of the ship is not the same person or company leasing the ship, to bring in slaves.

So you're saying that Jews might've owned the slave ships but leased them to others?

The Catholic Church owns many a commercial building, where people have leased space and opened brothels. It does not mean the Catholic Church runs the brothels. :D

How many commercial buildings does the Catholic Church own? How many of these commercial buildings have brothels? How many brothels are there in your neighborhood that rent commercial space from the Catholic Church to operate their business? Or are you just making up factoids again?
Thanks from:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:The owner of the ship is not the same person or company leasing the ship, to bring in slaves.
Mary Q Contrary, the holocaust denier wrote: So you're saying that Jews might've owned the slave ships but leased them to others?

No. I said the people raised money to build ships and rent them out, exactly as they still do today.

You are the snivelling neo-nazi holocaust denier who assumes these people are all evil Jews, who you want to keep executing like the Nazis did.
Heath Campbell 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Information on American owned ships that were apprehended while engaged in the slave trade can be found in The American State Papers and Foreign Relations of the United States.

Sorry about injecting facts into this.

BRoI
Poster

Postby BRoI » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:I found this article debunking the charge of "Jews being behind the slave trade", something also spread by Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam in their so-called book, "The secret relationship between blacks and jews"

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-an ... ack-muslim

From your cited source:

most black intellectuals were never convinced by The Secret Relationship. “You can’t even say that Christians across the board were slave-traders!” said Hilary Shelton, Washington bureau director and senior vice president for Advocacy for the NAACP. “There is not a religion that doesn’t have someone doing some dastardly thing. Did you know that in Ku Klux Klan’s handbook, it states specifically that one must be a devout Catholic?

I understand that the original Klan had "Knights" who were Protestant, Catholic, and even Jewish, e.g. Simon Baruch [1840 -1921] the father of Bernard Baruch, but all subsequent incarnations of the Klan have been viciously anti-Catholic:

In this 1926 cartoon the Ku Klux Klan chases the Roman Catholic Church, personified by St. Patrick, from the shores of America. Among the "snakes" are various supposed negative attributes of the Church, including superstition, the union of church and state, control of public schools, and intolerance

The End" Referring to the end of Catholic influence in the US. Klansmen: Guardians of Liberty 1926

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

"Black intellectual" Hilary Shelton is an idiot, as is the author of your source, Batya Ungar-Sargon, for publishing Shelton's BS without correction.
"... these witnesses would swear to anything if it gets the Germans killed."
- Solomon Surowitz, Assistant Prosecutor at the 1947 Buchenwald trial.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Why do you want to waste energy debunking a detail of the vast and profitable slave trade that is true?
Jews are human and therefore imperfect and above all driven to survive.
Thus they were and are sometimes participants in unsavory undertakings: displacement, discriminatory laws, indeed physical and psychological suffering, do NOT purify,

Be that as it most certainly is,, slavery 's most successful entrepreneur was that most Christian King Leopold of that most Christian Belgium.
He not only condoned the cruel and terrible abduction of African men and women, thus destroying the ancient cultures of West Africa,, he actually amassed a great personal fortune from the transport and sale of their bodies.
That and the creation of societies based on the economics of slave labor, and profit above any possible moral component.
If a few Jews had anything to do with it, it was by turning a blind eye to the horror of it as they supplied the ships that transported the human flesh.
Jews are just as good and just as bad as the rest of the human species: not a whit otherwise.

Norma Manna Blum

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:04 pm

"the Pawnbroker," (from a novel by Edward Lewis Wallant, of Brooklyn, N.Y.) as played by the mesmerizing Rod Steiger.

Listen:[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5clBF38sqq[/url]

NMB
P.S. The film can be purchased and, I believe, rented, from Amazon.

NMB

ahhell
Poster

Postby ahhell » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:55 pm

nmblum88 wrote:Why do you want to waste energy debunking a detail of the vast and profitable slave trade that is true?
Thus they were and are sometimes participants in unsavory undertakings: displacement, discriminatory laws, indeed physical and psychological suffering, do NOT purify,

This, you can likely compile a list slave traders or people involved in slave trading of any ethnicity or religion. The would really be the only way to debunk the list of Jews but the the response would likely be, "but still the Jews right!"

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:59 pm

ahhell wrote:
nmblum88 wrote:Why do you want to waste energy debunking a detail of the vast and profitable slave trade that is true?

This, you can likely compile a list slave traders or people involved in slave trading of any ethnicity or religion. The would really be the only way to debunk the list of Jews but the the response would likely be, "but still the Jews right!"

Who are you debunking the lists FOR?
Bona fide and reliable historians are aware of the truth, and people who are given to "and still the Jews..." cannot be dissuaded from their passion for the anti -Semitism which is the life blood of European Christian culture, leading, as the world now knows even as it wishes to deny, to some spectacular ... shall we say... "excesses in the expression of antipathy..."
People, as in 21st Century Poland who still believe the "blood libel.." (that for the celebration of the Passover, Jews kidnap and slaughter Christian children for the blood needed to flavor the matzos (unleavened bread) are not likely to be moved by any proof to the contrary of anything concerning the dread Jew (who has lived among them for 900 years).

So, NO!!.' I can't and I have no interest in compiling any list by ethnicity or religion of people engaged in the slave trade (in our own or any other century).
I accept that the lists that do exist, complete or not, are replete with every ethnicity and religion, all represented more or less in proportion to their numbers in the general population ... which would mean (as usual) "Lo!! And the Christians led all the rest!!"
I also... since you seem to be asking... refuse to accept that Jews are worse (or better) than any other humans beings.
Or that it would be either reasonable or fair to expect us to be....
All humans are the products of nature and nurture, or geographic and genetic determinism, of the arcs of history that determine their dispositions and their concerns...
Would that it were otherwise of course... but there it is.

Norma Manna Blum
Last edited by nmblum88 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:19 pm

I believe you all agree with each other. Aaron opened this thread to debunk a neo-Nazi propaganda claim. Arron has recently joined the anti-holocaust denial sub forum to fight deniers and was probably unaware that anti-holocaust denial issues don't often appear in other sub forums. Ahhell simply pointed out that a list of slave traders, of any particular population demographic, could be created, which is probably true.

I think everyone agrees that good, bad, ruthlessly commercial or charitable to the needy, people, can be found in any demographic group.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:34 pm

Er, no. Every white American voted for Trump. Every Hispanic American voted for John Paul II, and all the blacks sold crack outside the polling places when they were in schools.

Come on, everybody knows this stuff.

;)

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:I believe you all agree with each other. Aaron opened this thread to debunk a neo-Nazi propaganda claim. Arron has recently joined the anti-holocaust denial sub forum to fight deniers and was probably unaware that anti-holocaust denial issues don't often appear in other sub forums. Ahhell simply pointed out that a list of slave traders, of any particular population demographic, could be created, which is probably true.

I think everyone agrees that good, bad, ruthlessly commercial or charitable to the needy, people, can be found in any demographic group.

Forthright, steadfastly moral, and incomparably courageous,
As usual.
(if you do say so yourself.)
Unfortunately your so-called "anti holocaust denial sub-forum" (just the nomenclature is pretentious and laughable) has quite simply done absolutely nothing but give deniers a platform (in fact multiple platforms) where they have happily, unashamedly, spouted their anti-historical and even demented nonsense.

In more than five years, if not more, you and your hardly adequate band of "brothers" hasn't managed to deflect a single denier from his odious (and deranged) convictions, or even made a single contributor less gruesomely entrenched in his belief in his righteousness..
And further, your failure to make a dent, has not even caused a glimmer of self examination: "where am I inadequate, what am I missing in either fact or talent for argument, that has caused such a failure? And against such inferior, clearly twisted, foes?"

From the historians' point of view as well as the historians' actual assiduous labors, you are ALL, no matter the side, cut from the same cloth: citing the measurements, the diameter of gas pipes, and the schedules of trains, the labels on barrels, to make yourself feel superior.
Or smarter.
You are all surrounded by an aureole of self-satisfaction.
"Ridiculous" (although it comes close) doesn't quite cover it.
Nor,really does "embarrassing.."
But... the inarguable right to free speech and the in tandem absence of necessary credentials is what makes the Internet " debate" so much entertainment. .
And after all, who (other perhaps than some odd, still living actual human being , whose history includes horrendous tragedy, terrible grief, and incomparable loss). could possibly be hurt by your mutually preposterous posturing?

Norma Manna Blum

Tallboy
Poster

Postby Tallboy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:35 am

nmblum88 wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:I believe you all agree with each other. Aaron opened this thread to debunk a neo-Nazi propaganda claim. Arron has recently joined the anti-holocaust denial sub forum to fight deniers and was probably unaware that anti-holocaust denial issues don't often appear in other sub forums. Ahhell simply pointed out that a list of slave traders, of any particular population demographic, could be created, which is probably true.

As usual.
Unfortunately your so-called "anti holocaust denial sub-forum" (just the nomenclature is pretentious and laughable) has quite simply done absolutely nothing but give deniers a platform (in fact multiple platforms) where they have happily, unashamedly, spouted their anti-historical and even demented nonsense.

In more than five years, if not more, you and your hardly adequate band of "brothers" hasn't managed to deflect a single denier from his odious (and deranged) convictions, or even made a single contributor less gruesomely entrenched in his belief in his righteousness..
And further, your failure to make a dent, has not even caused a glimmer of self examination: "where am I inadequate, what am I missing in either fact or talent for argument, that has caused such a failure? And against such inferior, clearly twisted, foes?"

From the historians' point of view as well as the historians' actual assiduous labors, you are ALL, no matter the side, cut from the same cloth: citing the measurements, the diameter of gas pipes, and the schedules of trains, the labels on barrels, to make yourself feel superior.
Or smarter.
But... the inarguable right to free speech and the in tandem absence of necessary credentials is what makes the Internet " debate" so much entertainment. .
And after all, who (other perhaps than some odd, still living actual human being , whose history includes horrendous tragedy, terrible grief, and incomparable loss). could possibly be hurt by your mutually preposterous posturing?

Norma Manna Blum

one cannot, in general, change denier's minds as the opinions they hold are based on pre-existing agenda's (among other things) rather than historical truth/logic. I think the point of the HD forum is to provide counter arguments for the benefit of lurkers. your arguments about 'feeling superior' could apply to anyone participating in any forum so I'm not sure how the HD sub-forum differs from the others: truther's, monster hunters, etc. I don't see anyone in those sub-forums changing their opinions and they are all platforms for their demented arguments, etc.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:09 am

nmblum88 wrote: Unfortunately your so-called "anti holocaust denial sub-forum" (just the nomenclature is pretentious and laughable) has quite simply done absolutely nothing but give deniers a platform (in fact multiple platforms) where they have happily, unashamedly, spouted their anti-historical and even demented nonsense.
You haven't read the actual threads there, recently have you? You are simply jealous. Bad luck Norma Supervitor. :lol:

nmblum88 wrote:you and your hardly adequate band of "brothers" hasn't managed to deflect a single denier from his odious ....
"Broi" has converted and started posting here. You haven't actually read the thread have you Norma Supervitor? You just open your mouth and make noises. "look at me...look at me....

Are you saying Dr Terry is inadequate? Compared to what? You?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:16 am

Tallboy wrote: I think the point of the HD forum is to provide counter arguments for the benefit of lurkers. your arguments about 'feeling superior' could apply to anyone participating in any forum so I'm not sure how the HD sub-forum differs from the others:

Hear hear

Don't worry about Norma. Norma is an elderly woman, who wears magical magnetic medicinal vests, who generally gets ignored. She mostly posts music clips in the music sub-forum. She once came back as a sock-puppet called Supervitor and pretended to be a young European male. (Which was both creepy and funny) Basically, you can dismiss the posts of Norma, Gorgeous, Kwan tam Woo and Mary the holocaust denier as simply attention seekers.

Tallboy
Poster

Postby Tallboy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:22 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tallboy wrote: I think the point of the HD forum is to provide counter arguments for the benefit of lurkers. your arguments about 'feeling superior' could apply to anyone participating in any forum so I'm not sure how the HD sub-forum differs from the others:

Hear hear

Don't worry about Norma. Norma is an elderly woman, who wears magical magnetic medicinal vests, who generally gets ignored. She mostly posts music clips in the music sub-forum. She once came back as a sock-puppet called Supervitor and pretended to be a young European male. (Which was both creepy and funny) Basically, you can dismiss the posts of Norma, Gorgeous, Kwan tam Woo and Mary the holocaust denier as simply attention seekers.

lol, thanks Matthew. I'm still kinda new to all this but figuring it out... slowly!

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:47 am

Tallboy wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

Hear hear

lol, thanks Matthew. I'm still kinda new to all this but figuring it out... slowly!
Tallboy wrote:
nmblum88 wrote:

As usual.

Or smarter.

Norma Manna Blum

one cannot, in general, change denier's minds as the opinions they hold are based on pre-existing agenda's (among other things) rather than historical truth/logic. I think the point of the HD forum is to provide counter arguments for the benefit of lurkers. your arguments about 'feeling superior' could apply to anyone participating in any forum so I'm not sure how the HD sub-forum differs from the others: truther's, monster hunters, etc. I don't see anyone in those sub-forums changing their opinions and they are all platforms for their demented arguments, etc.

For the benefit of lurkers? Engage in fantastical, foolish,repetition for the benefit of people who may not even BE there?
To what avail?
I confess to be completely uncomprehending: to what avail and for what reason, and in what manner can one address a lurker .. that is to say a detached bystander on the subject of mechanized, deliberate annihilation?
Do you mean as a variation on pornography? it has actually been written about as one of the "charms" of the Final Solution in prose and film: it has been suggested that it does have an erotic effect on people who are already strangely obsessed?.

But by all means continue to read them,or participate in them, even as you are aware that despite the venom and the bizarre "facts" tossed about, not a single mind has been changed, not a single attitude altered.
Stopping you or anyone else from what seems reasonable to the participant was not, is not, my intention,
My intention as a matter of fact was noting more nor less that to to offer my own (belated) opinion on this particular and incredibly emotional (there is no longer any intellectual component) topic, which is not exactly the same thing as equally unprepared people debating quantum theory.
(THAT does have its humor.)

I simply said what I think...just as you are doing.
And just as theHolocaust deniers and those who think that denial and its opposite is a sport, are certainly free to doc.
I can't imagine that you have a quarrel with that,but if you do, please don''t hesitate to express yourself.
I wouldn't have it any other way.... no matter the subject... as long as I am free to reply

NMB

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:05 am

nmblum88 wrote:For the benefit of lurkers? Engage in fantastical, foolish,repetition for the benefit of people who may not even BE there?
They comment about the information posts made here on neo-nazi denier forums. You didn't know that because you haven't actually read any of the posts. You are simply trolling this thread about slave traders, with no contribution....as per usual. :lol:

nmblum88 wrote:I confess to be completely uncomprehending.....
No need to confess. We already know. :D

nmblum88 wrote:....and the bizarre "facts" tossed about, not a single mind has been changed, not a single attitude altered.
Senility combined with alcohol, is not your friend Norma. I gave you a specific name of someone who just converted only two weeks ago. You should try actually reading posts next time, before trolling. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27511&p=545548#p545540

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:50 am

Listen Matthew, everything I know about you, your DUIs, your contacts with the Sydney police, your neurasthenia, your severely dysfunctional family and your cruel and thoughtless upbringing, comes from you and what you have written here about yourself (including the ridiculous affectation of the Cyrillic keyboard).
About yourself, about me, about others......
Most of it is awful: all things considered you are more to be pitied than scorned.
And I am truly sorry that your bizarre but powerful father seems (if you are telling the truth) to have ground your already underdeveloped gonads into powder, so that what you are now is rather high-strung, epicene creature of no particular talent whose siblings (n your own words) have nothing to do with you and think you should be in jail for having embezzled their patrimony.

it breaks my elderly Jewish heart that your younger brother is a musical genius while your dreams of having something, anything, to do with the arts, are buried under the piles of ledgers that are the hallmark of the less admired, bookkeeper.
And certainly I regret that you are a human being with delusions of grandeur, reduced to snooping into other peoples Amazon purchases..
Who person of any self regard would even admit to such a bizarre hobby?

But apparently YOU have no shame about the latter, and even seem oddly proud that a middle aged man who wished to be seen as an expert in everything should engage in such petty works.(At least when he is not engaged in babbling in tongues to his cats.)

It's all pitiful, pathetic, lamentable.

But I DIDN"T DO IT!! I am not responsible for your wretched nurture augmented by what appears to be questionable nature.
All I ever did if anything, was to flirt mildly with a male participant here on whom you had cast your myopic, desperate and perhaps beady eye.
And I said I was sorry.....
After all, I have attractive adults sons of my own and I know that part of their charm is that they are well loved, and are able to return the favors.

But so glad we could have this little chat... I do so hope however, that we don't have to have more of them.

NMB

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:44 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
nmblum88 wrote:For the benefit of lurkers? Engage in fantastical, foolish,repetition for the benefit of people who may not even BE there?
They comment about the information posts made here on neo-nazi denier forums. You didn't know that because you haven't actually read any of the posts. You are simply trolling this thread about slave traders, with no contribution....as per usual. :lol:

nmblum88 wrote:I confess to be completely uncomprehending.....
No need to confess. We already know. :D

nmblum88 wrote:....and the bizarre "facts" tossed about, not a single mind has been changed, not a single attitude altered.
Senility combined with alcohol, is not your friend Norma. I gave you a specific name of someone who just converted only two weeks ago. You should try actually reading posts next time, before trolling. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27511&p=545548#p545540

Now,now little fella, you are getting hysterical and are making less sense than usual.
As it happens I rarely read your posts... they are all, no matter the subject, variations of "damn it, ADMIRE me, love ME."

But more to the point: what did Daddy do, when you descended similarly into repetitive incoherence as an actual child?
Probably some cruel and unusual punishment.

But now, since Daddy is unavailable for advice and discipline, pull yourself together Matthew; I've already apologized for intruding on your attempts at courting, and I now apologize for being so much taller than you are.

What more can I do?
So give it up: straighten your toupee and try to maintain the meager patina of dignity that occasionally allows you convince people who know less than you do that you are some sort of competent human being, instead of a pigmy with a keyboard.

And now, much as i have enjoyed these exchanges, I must leave you to share both food and words with a living, breathing, sane, engaged,actually literate, human being.
Just as healthy, normally socialized people so often do.

Norma Manna Blum

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:56 am

nmblum88 wrote:Listen Matthew, everything I know about you.....
That's lovely Norma. I'm glad you are an appreciative fan. What has this to do with Atlantic slavery? :lol:

nmblum88 wrote: Most of it is awful: all things considered you are more to be pitied than scorned.
That's great Norma. Do you dream of pitying me all night. You naughty old cougar you! I hope the nurses make you wear boxing gloves to bed...so you don't get physically carried away thinking about me. . :lol:

nmblum88 wrote: what you are now is rather high-strung
That would be my new stratocaster, I have switched from medium to light gauge strings for this new strat. :D

nmblum88 wrote: it breaks my elderly Jewish heart
...is that's why there is a defibrillator next to your bed in the nursing home? :lol:

nmblum88 wrote: that your younger brother is a musical genius
He can't read music nor play any instruments. He played along with tapes in Berlin last month at the Industrial noise concert.
http://www.arena.berlin/en/programm/man ... red-heads/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0KuH5crUXo

nmblum88 went hic, burp then wrote:But I DIDN"T DO IT!! I am not responsible for your wretched nurture augmented by what appears to be questionable nature.
I hope not. You are an 88 year old drinker in a US retirement home. :lol:

nmblum88 went hic, burp then wrote:After all, I have attractive adults sons of my own.
That's great news Norma. You should join the forum they post on. :D

nmblum88 went hic, burp then wrote:But so glad we could have this little chat...
I'd rather talk about Atlantic Slavery.....you know.....the thread topic....that you forgot about...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:14 am

nmblum88 had another glass and wrote:Now,now little fella, you are getting hysterical and are making less sense than usual.
Norma? You are writing about me, yet again. Get another hobby. I'm already spoken for. :D

nmblum88 had another glass and wrote:As it happens I rarely read your posts...
You are drunk! I had to point that out three posts ago. Did you forget already? :lol:

nmblum88 had another glass and wrote:But more to the point: what did Daddy do, when you descended similarly into repetitive incoherence as an actual child?
That doesn't even make sense. Sober up Norma and try this sentence again in the morning.

nmblum88 had another glass and wrote: I now apologize for being so much taller than you are.
How tall am I Norma in centimeters? :D

nmblum88 has yet another glass and wrote:What more can I do?
From the sound of it, crack open another bottle..... :lol:

nmblum88 has yet another glass and wrote:straighten your toupee
I have a lovely full blond head of hair Norma.....and you?

Well thanks again for your brilliant insight into false claims about African Slavery, Norma. I hope you enjoy your own posts tomorrow, when you sober up. and read them for the first time.

Tallboy
Poster

Postby Tallboy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:39 pm

To what avail?

NMB

the main issue I have with your post is that you can apply your same argument to every sub-forum on this site. do your criticisms of the HD denial sub-forum not apply to truther, big-foot, NASA moon landings hoax, extra-terrestrials, etc. sub-forums? if you have this problem with the HD sub-forum you should have the same problems with all the others including the one's you comment on.

so why are you singling out these problems with the HD sub-forum but not the others?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Only a little off topic, I've always found it admirable that the UK did not "have" slavery and was clever in finding other more humane ways to enslave people:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_i ... tish_Isles
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ahhell
Poster

Postby ahhell » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:17 pm

On a side note, its worth noting that it wouldn't be all that surprising if more Jews were involved in financing the slave trade than Christians because the Christians were prevented from banking by usury laws and Jews were force into banking and other financial services by laws that limited their ability to own property.

Essentially the evidence for the Jewish banking conspiracy is largely due to a Christian "conspiracy" to marginalize Jews.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:42 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Only a little off topic, I've always found it admirable that the UK did not "have" slavery and was clever in finding other more humane ways to enslave people

You got it right. Australia didn't have "slaves". We bought foreign agricultural workers, off other foreign locals and made them work our sugar canes, for no money, before taking them back. .........but they weren't called "slaves".

Any "muck" I sling at the USA for having slaves, you can fling straight back at Australia, with equal evidence.
kanakas.jpg

This photo isn't from the USA. This is in Australia.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Brazil was also a big slave market. About 1/3 of the slavers intercepted off the coast of Africa were bound for Brazil in the 1830s and 1840s.

NathanC
Regular Poster

Postby NathanC » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:31 pm

This sounds a lot like the "Judeo Bolshevism" nonsense. Focus on the tiny Jewish Minority involved in a vast, multi ethnic organization, and generalize based on that. Nope. Slavery, just like Communism, was a huge undertaking over the course of several decades and centuries. To blame it all on ONE tiny group and ignore the much larger participation of other groups is an oversimplification.

Part of it is probably to deflect guilt. The appeal of "Judeo Bolshevism" for "leftists", for example, is to whitewash Stalin and the USSR by blaming all of their crimes on the tiny Minority of Jews that participated in Stalinist Communism. On the other side of the Atlantic, People blame the whole Slave trade on a few Jews that were involved to minimize their own guilt. The same phenomenon can be seen on the American right, where the disastrous Iraq war was blamed not on GW Bush's lie of "Weapons of Mass Destruction" or the alleged need for oil, but for some convoluted plan to make Iraq "Pro Israel".

Mary Q Contrary
Frequent Poster

Postby Mary Q Contrary » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:33 pm

nmblum88 wrote:

As usual.

Not true! Not true at all!! When I joined this forum, I was obsessively focused on rigorous application of the scientific method. If a certain phenomenon violated the laws of physics, I wouldn't believe it. If our knowledge of a phenomenon was known to us through eyewitnesses, and that phenomenon would have left physical evidence which is absent, I would be skeptical of that phenomenon. I would be skeptical even if there were multiple eyewitnesses, even if some of these eyewitnesses were severely traumatized by the phenomenon, or even if these eyewitnesses were in a position to benefit from coming forward!!!

Participating in that subforum taught me the error of my ways. I have learned that to be skeptical, one must recognize the primacy of the eyewitness. And this band of "brothers" (as you derisively call them) taught me this, not by addressing the facts and the evidence through rational debate, but through emotional appeals, ad hominem attacks, and name calling. I am now a true skeptic.

Or smarter.

You really don't know what you're talking about. "Citing the measurements, the diameter of gas pipes, and the schedules of trains, the labels on barrels" is exactly the type of real world evidence that true skeptics ignore. And don't try to mimic the anti-HD warriors with your emotional appeals to "who (other perhaps than some odd, still living actual human being , whose history includes horrendous tragedy, terrible grief, and incomparable loss). could possibly be hurt by your mutually preposterous posturing?" The true skeptic will ALWAYS set aside the scientific method if its application would hurt somebody's feelings.

I think you owe Matthew Ellard and his band of brothers an apology!!!
Thanks from:

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:54 am

nmblum88 wrote:

As usual.

<Yawn> Its the same old argument... This is nothing new, nor does it really provide them a platform to spew anything that would cause anyone's effect. It's ones choice of hobby what they choose to do and its up to the private owners to decide it they allow deniers to post here. Hell I don't see you complaining how creationists are allowed to come here and have a platform to spread their pseudoscience, or even climate change deniers. This would only be a platform for them to spread BS if it wasn't met with a response. If it doesn't interest you then don't get involved.

nmblum88 wrote:In more than five years, if not more, you and your hardly adequate band of "brothers" hasn't managed to deflect a single denier from his odious (and deranged) convictions, or even made a single contributor less gruesomely entrenched in his belief in his righteousness..

No one will be able to convince an ideologue. This argument is worthless for the reasons I described above.

nmblum88 wrote:From the historians' point of view as well as the historians' actual assiduous labors, you are ALL, no matter the side, cut from the same cloth: citing the measurements, the diameter of gas pipes, and the schedules of trains, the labels on barrels, to make yourself feel superior.
Or smarter.
And after all, who (other perhaps than some odd, still living actual human being , whose history includes horrendous tragedy, terrible grief, and incomparable loss). could possibly be hurt by your mutually preposterous posturing.

Got it, stop dignifying dipshits with debates. I guess then we should just shut off from arguing with radical Christians, the far right, Stalinists, Liars.

Nmblum, even you have to realize how stupid that is, even you must understand "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." By responding on this forum we do something. Just as Shermer did by writing his own book on the subject. In which Shermer (the owner of skeptic) advocated for the free speech of deniers. He as well calls that people should then also make a response. Its as simple as that.
« Lies written in ink cannot disguise facts written in blood. »
- Lu Xun

Return to “History”