Kurdistan?

Where have we been?
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4807
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Kurdistan?

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:50 am

For statists and nation-builders there's the question of a Kurdish state.
http://news.antiwar.com/2016/09/02/turk ... st-27-pkk/

For John Lennon fans:
"imagine there's no countries...
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6001
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Kurdistan?

Postby Flash » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:50 pm

After the fall of the Ottoman Empire, Britain and France have jointly managed to screw the Kurds completely. The Sykes-Picot agreement made sure that Kurds, a large ethnic group in the Middle East didn't have a country and was divided between Iran, Iraq and Turkey.

That evil policy was especially designed to provide years of instability and war in the region. Now, of course, the evil {!#%@} of the West; Britain, France, The US, and the various assorted Imperial lap dogs are still pursuing this policy, double crossing the Kurds who thought for a while that being a trusted allies of the West was a good thing.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7495
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Kurdistan?

Postby TJrandom » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:32 am

I vote that the Kurds have a land of their own - Kurdistan, sandwiched between Mexico, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19698
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Kurdistan?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:47 pm

TJrandom wrote:I vote that the Kurds have a land of their own - Kurdistan, sandwiched between Mexico, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.

That's one whey to go about it.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:23 pm
Custom Title: The other god
Location: The desert
Contact:

Re: Kurdistan?

Postby Paul Anthony » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Flash wrote:After the fall of the Ottoman Empire, Britain and France have jointly managed to screw the Kurds completely. The Sykes-Picot agreement made sure that Kurds, a large ethnic group in the Middle East didn't have a country and was divided between Iran, Iraq and Turkey.

That evil policy was especially designed to provide years of instability and war in the region. Now, of course, the evil {!#%@} of the West; Britain, France, The US, and the various assorted Imperial lap dogs are still pursuing this policy, double crossing the Kurds who thought for a while that being a trusted allies of the West was a good thing.


This nation building harmed more than just the Kurds. Shia and Sunni living in the same pretend nations has caused most of the strife in the region.
People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10430
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Kurdistan?

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
TJrandom wrote:I vote that the Kurds have a land of their own - Kurdistan, sandwiched between Mexico, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.

That's one whey to go about it.

Perhaps if they gave Sheridan their hell, they could rent that region from him.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7495
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Kurdistan?

Postby TJrandom » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:45 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
TJrandom wrote:I vote that the Kurds have a land of their own - Kurdistan, sandwiched between Mexico, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.

That's one whey to go about it.

Perhaps if they gave Sheridan their hell, they could rent that region from him.


Made me look... :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Sheridan


Return to “History”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest