Is there any truth to the Ashkenazi = Khazaria theory?

Where have we been?
Aaron Richards
Poster

Is there any truth to the Ashkenazi = Khazaria theory?

Postby Aaron Richards » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 pm

Some of the more exotic forms of antisemitism I have encountered is when I'm told one of the reasons Israel does not have a right to exist, is because Ashkenazi Jews ("European Jews" as compared to Mizrahi "Middle Eastern" Jews and Sephardi "Iberian" Jews) are the descendants of the ancient central Asian kingdom of Khazaria, where once upon a time a king decided to pick and choose a new religion for his subjects and went eeny, meeny, miny, moe and settled for Judaism. Therefore, so I was informed, the Ashkenazi have no connection to the "true Hebrews" and have no claims to any land in the middle east.

Now I remember doing some research about this a few years ago and finding out that the entire Jewish dispora does have genealogical ancestry in the Levant region, so this idea that the Ashkenazi branch is a completely different people seems odd to me. Is it a neo nazi theory? I know Benjamin Freedman was one of its proponents.
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: Is there any truth to the Ashkenazi = Khazaria theory?

Postby Jeff_36 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 pm

It's utter nonsense and IIRC has been scientifically disproven. Historically it makes no sense either, since only the ruling class of the Khazars converted to Judaism while the 99% retained their old pagan religion.

And that's that.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:51 pm

No.... DNA tests have proven the theory to be complete BS. David Duke even says that the theory is a complete lie.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Mary Q Contrary
Frequent Poster

Postby Mary Q Contrary » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:Some of the more exotic forms of antisemitism I have encountered is when I'm told one of the reasons Israel does not have a right to exist, is because Ashkenazi Jews ("European Jews" as compared to Mizrahi "Middle Eastern" Jews and Sephardi "Iberian" Jews) are the descendants of the ancient central Asian kingdom of Khazaria, where once upon a time a king decided to pick and choose a new religion for his subjects and went eeny, meeny, miny, moe and settled for Judaism. Therefore, so I was informed, the Ashkenazi have no connection to the "true Hebrews" and have no claims to any land in the middle east.

Now I remember doing some research about this a few years ago and finding out that the entire Jewish dispora does have genealogical ancestry in the Levant region, so this idea that the Ashkenazi branch is a completely different people seems odd to me. Is it a neo nazi theory? I know Benjamin Freedman was one of its proponents.

THIS is an example of an OT post, Stat Mech
Thanks from:
Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, Satan, Tinky Winky

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:11 pm

????? It is the OP and topic of the thread, Mary Q. It didn't grab my attention, truth be told, but that doesn't make it off topic.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

nickterry
Regular Poster

Postby nickterry » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:24 pm

For once, Maryzilla is kind of right: the thread is off topic for this sub-forum.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:34 pm

It certainly doesn't interest me, but when we've had threads like "IDF soldier executes unconscious Palestinian," Charlie Hebdo and the November massacre in Paris, issues with anti-Semitism, I can't really get tweaked over someone adding to the subforum a thread on anti-Semitic memes. As for Mary, she is just trolling 'cuz she got her ass smacked for trying to divert Jeffk's thread.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:40 pm

Moved to History subforum.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:55 pm

"Mythology" is full?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:57 pm

:lol:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:47 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:????? It is the OP and topic of the thread, Mary Q. It didn't grab my attention, truth be told, but that doesn't make it off topic.

nickterry wrote:For once, Maryzilla is kind of right: the thread is off topic for this sub-forum.

I think she was speaking of her own post. As in, "Look, everybody, my post is off topic! Lookit me, Stat Mech! Lookit lookit lookit!"
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

NathanC
Poster

Postby NathanC » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:31 am

Just another reminder that there's no limit to the lies sickos say about Jews.

Return to “History”