Indiscrete Logic

What does make the world turn?
johnphantom

Indiscrete Logic

Post by johnphantom » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:41 pm

“The new version of the Church-Turing thesis (now called the ‘Church-Turing Principle’) does not refer to Turing machines. This is important because there are fundamental differences between the very nature of the Turing machine and the principles of quantum mechanics. One is described in terms of operations on classical bits, the other in terms of evolution of quantum states. Hence there is the possibility that the universal Turing machine, and hence all classical computers, might not be able to simulate some of the behavior to be found in Nature. Conversely, it may be physically possible (i.e. not ruled out by the laws of Nature) to realize a new type of computation essentially different from that of classical computer science. This is the central aim of quantum computing.”

How To Compute Without Numeric Variables In A Non-Von Neumann Architecture

I hope to patent and place this in the public domain.
Last edited by johnphantom on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Re: Indiscrete Logic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:01 am

I hope you get some more educated feedback here than my: Hi johnphantom :wave:

(I know 'nuthing about that. :bag: )
Lard, save me from your followers.

digress
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: doomer

Post by digress » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:40 am

"You are saying that you have a computer that consists only of memory with no processor?"

I do not script and I can't keep up when the document reaches psuedorandomizers, but the video was great and everything up to it is vastly interesting.

phpBB [video]

Good luck!

ps. (edit)(digression) If a psuedorandomizer is limited by the length of a seed and its informal life is determined by its period, if you had something like a human brain which has a limited number of firing synpasis with a determined life based on its "thinking" period, would that mean human statements could be described as a human seed that psuedorandomizes results in the brain and brains a-like? Maybe explaining why different statements generate different ideas in different functioning brains and evidence we are all psuedorandomizers of information processing?
  God is an idea.  
"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:11 am

Thanks =) Just to point out, that video is not my creation.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:00 am

Logical NOT gives a true result when the single input is false, and conversely gives a false result when the single input is true.

Iznt that backwardz?
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:36 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Logical NOT gives a true result when the single input is false, and conversely gives a false result when the single input is true.

Iznt that backwardz?

No, it's a NOT. "Not false" is true and "not true" is false.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Then its an eazy ansr. Making NOT NOT TRUE = true etc. amps up the hexidecimal NAND gate release quotient. Everybody winz!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:21 am

I apologize for being rough.

This is a new direction to go in for analog computing. It is not digital. We are not digital. I see, and I may be wrong, it as a avenue to synthetic consciousness. It is essentially different than any other programming I have done, in my 42 years of programming.

What I have described in the paper is not what I would see as optimal. I don't know where it could go with some sort of ability to "re-program" itself, and I say that with difficulty because it is not programming.

Everything I have attempted to do in the confines of Counter-Strike 1.6 I have been successful at. I truly wonder what could be done beyond the confines of a simple game, with only user input and outputs.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Deep

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:40 am

Can you back up John and introduce the concept of the Turing machine and the problems associated with it. I have learned boolean logic and computer logic but still have to keep going back to basics to reacquaint myself with the subject [Turing machines, that is]. I plan on investigating this on my own more but since you're here, what can you explain in layman's terms that others here too could follow?

Thanks John.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

Interesting video.

I hav the notion that all software iz based on krap; that at the root uv all the problemz iz a single bad idea or maybe a hand full and then the entire field grew into the time squandering junk we've been suffering with in our PCz since the 80z.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm just confused at what this thread is supposed to be about. "Counter-Strike" sounds like a game and so I don't see how this relates to indiscrete logic. The video on randomization may be interesting to help one understand how random numbers are generated. But how does the topic come together to relate all these various issues? I am not certain what the OP is intending to discuss or introduce?

John, are you claiming to have created a program that models an indiscrete logic with justice akin to a quantum machine?
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Looking back over your posts and material, john, I am guessing that you are saying that you created some program, subroutine, or algorithm that models or approaches an improved means to virtualize indiscrete logic and that you applied this effectively in the video game (?), "Counter Strike 1.6" as a programmer.

Is this correct?

digress
Frequent Poster

Post by digress » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Scott Mayers wrote:I'm just confused at what this thread is supposed to be about.

“Quantum information is different from classical information in the sense that it
cannot be measured. It has much higher information capacity…” - Eugene Polzik

This logic allows for an infinite amount of states of memory, so this system could be unbounded - that is, with no sense of measure. I do not know how to harness infinity, in the sense of using it as a value.

This really hard to explain – it is the most difficult thing I have done in my life...

RH said, “This implies that all of the programming uses only the logical AND function and nothing else. What does connecting two or more pieces of memory into one call mean? Memory is used to store data, a call implies a subroutine/function call, this makes no sense to me”

Yes, it only uses AND in the form of alias's ability to link multiple commands, or locations in memory that store another command or string of commands. This is all strictly input/output, with my code between. How the input and output for a quantum computer like this is handled is unknown to me, other than to use a conventional computer. How I explained how alias works is important. It really is a new way of programming that is extremely difficult to do, because you must predict all the outcomes, and in a parallel system the code could have unpredictable results. The code quickly becomes very convoluted, and I think the best way is to show and explain it step by step.

RH said, “You are saying that you have a computer that consists only of memory with no processor? Where does hardware come into play? Do you go into the computer and re-wire it?”

Yes, and I am not sure how to re-wire a quantum computer on the fly. I was thinking that there might be a way in quantum computing to change entanglements without a processor. There might be a need of some sort of new processor that can make and break quantum entanglements without using a complicated design to achieve that goal.

It's basically a way to process information using something-like RAM alone. That's my understanding. If I'm correct OP may be a genius and is maybe knocking on the door to something much larger than mere programming.
  God is an idea.  
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Yes! =)

edit: reply to Scott.

It was not my intention to do what I did. It started small, as a way to simplify commands in the game of CS. It evolved over six months to what you see in slapaho11.zip. After I did what I did, I realized that this was a very different type of programming from any other I have seen in my 42 years of programming, and decided to work on presenting it.

Don't make a mistake; this cost me my mind. I had my first schizophrenic break when I created this - I remember thinking to myself something was odd during Thanksgiving 2000 with my brother. On May 11th, 2001, at 12:06 AM the voices started. I remember it clearly, and my lucidity of the event is uncommon, to the point where I have had an offer to write a book about it from a reputable university professor/author. I was firing all 10 of my 8 cylinders, and my mind blew. Fortunately, I completed the script before they locked me up for months for my own safety.

If anyone wants to look at the 42 zip files of the script from start to end, including betas, I would be happy to post a link.

Edit: even though I was insane, what I created works fully as intended with no bugs. slapaho11.zip is the working model.
Last edited by johnphantom on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

digress
Frequent Poster

Post by digress » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:10 pm

johnphantom wrote:Yes! =)

It was not my intention to do what I did. It started small, as a way to simplify commands in the game of CS. It evolved over six months to what you see in slapaho11.zip. After I did what I did, I realized that this was a very different type of programming from any other I have seen in my 42 years of programming, and decided to work on presenting it.

Don't make a mistake, this cost me my mind. I had my first schizophrenic break when I created this - I remember thinking to myself something was odd during Thanksgiving 2000 with my brother. On May 11th, 2001, at 12:06 AM the voices started. I remember it clearly, and my lucidity of the event is uncommon, to the point where I have had an offer to write a book about it from a reputable university professor/author. I was firing all 10 of my 8 cylinders, and my mind blew. Fortunately, I completed the script before the locked me up for months for my own safety.

If anyone wants to look at the 42 zip files of the script from start to end, including betas, I would be happy to post a link.

How unfortunate, the mind being a muscle.

You may be interested in its programming possibilities, but I wonder if it has something to say about how human brains process information. We may not be limited, or related, to synpasis activity or a sequence of hand-offs. Maybe humans process information via memory and is why our shared capacity to learn and grow is evidently [infinitively] more powerful than any computers. And maybe the synpasis activity we are able to see, firing off in the brain as they do, is only related to linking one piece of memory with another or different piece elsewhere in the brain. Synpasi` may not actually be responsible for holding or delivering any actual information, but acting as a Morse code only the brain understands. (or in other words, the in-between method you've discovered)
  God is an idea.  

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:13 pm

I understood how this was done in the past prior to separating memory. This was more to do with the expense and developing reasoning as they were trying to figure out how to make a computer. The idea is still being used in some some register designs. The 'accumulator' in Intel architectures usually have the capacity to take a bit from its memory (the particular register of 8, 16, 32, or 64 bits), manipulate the data, and then place the result back in the same memory location. It acts destructively in that the old data is lost in the process.

In computing, for all real material and technology we have at present, we are only usually only able to deal with binary data. Some things, like USB, the technology uses a memory unit that can store more that that by allowing the charge to be of varying content (using different voltages to save and store in varying quantities of electrons = capacitance.) The quantum mechanical concepts are still only theoretical and personally I believe they erred anyways.

Computers originally created the illusion of simultaneity by time swapping and still do but have now added the ability to process things parallel: A core is one complete processor within a potential of many. A quad-core can thus act as four parallel old computers that can do four different tasks. They also have 'threads' and 'pipes' which separate functions that can run in parallel (like while one function can be adding two numbers, another can be simultaneously adding another two and then they can later be combined)

But programming is a linear process. To make it parallel means that you'd have to write programs that operate in different 'processes' that are synced within the same overall program. This can and is being done and what I'm guessing that John here is doing. I'm just not sure why or how he was relating it to all the other issues or what he was proposing in his own program. The idea of a quantum computer is to have a potential infinite set of values and act in parallel ways without limits. Since this is only theoretical, I'm not sure what exactly he is claiming to be doing without having to read all that he's written and interpret his program particularly. That's what I'm hoping he will come back to try to explain.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

johnphantom wrote:Yes! =)

Don't make a mistake, this cost me my mind. I had my first schizophrenic break when I created this - I remember thinking to myself something was odd during Thanksgiving 2000 with my brother. On May 11th, 2001, at 12:06 AM the voices started. I remember it clearly, and my lucidity of the event is uncommon, to the point where I have had an offer to write a book about it from a reputable university professor/author. I was firing all 10 of my 8 cylinders, and my mind blew. Fortunately, I completed the script before the locked me up for months for my own safety.

You just posted as I wrote the last response simultaneously. So, I see you mention 'script' for which I am curious to know what you are using to script. Are you referring to scripting a command-line to initiate a set of programs you compiled to run simultaneously? I can see writing to make sure that everything is in sync can drive one schizo. That's actually 'normal' for such a task. So let me know if I am on the right track here.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 pm

I only glanced at the zip but am concerned what this is supposed to be 'scripting' from. For anyone else here, hold off on attempting to run this as it could be trouble. A script is a summary command that runs in different applications and can be malicious. I don't recognize his script references and he is not indicating which app it is running on.

To even make what John is suggesting here requires assembly-level programming because the timing would have to match precisely with the exact commands as another program runs simultaneously. I know that Operating Systems would only make this even more difficult given that it acts as a gateway program that all other programs must run through.

So, unless you John are going to respond with better detail here, anyone here should be reasonably cautious that you are likely trying to encourage others to run malicious software. BE WARNED everyone!!

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:01 pm

I am using the Counter-Strike 1.6 engine to script in it, using a command called "alias" which links pieces of memory together into a single command that can be called. This command is also in OS' like Unix. I do not know how far back in time it goes, but I think its power has been severely underestimated and seen as nothing more than "script kiddie" work. Like I have said in the document, this is by far, hands down, almost infinitely harder than any other programming I have ever done.

The script is called and executed by a command in CS 1.6, where it becomes resident as is. CS is really just a real-time interpreter for the text of the script.

I hope this clarifies my dilemma. Trying not to be a jerk here, but you all really need to read my paper first. =)

PS my script is meant to run in the game CS 1.6, and not anything else. I don't know what the results would be if you ran it in, say, Unix. I think I spent too much time creating the script and paper for it to be malicious. Besides, running the script is only necessary to verify that it works. Perhaps someone will volunteer to try it out and report back?

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:13 pm

digress wrote:How unfortunate, the mind being a muscle.

Yeah I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm not paranoid. The voices were generally kind too. The visuals were stunningly intense. The physical manifestation was bothersome, every time i was about to fall asleep something would poke me, and I stayed up (recorded at the hospital) for ten days strait. They were nice to me though, they would let me sit in the rubber room at night and read.

Edit: the doctors told my mom I was too far out and they didn't think I would make it back. Fortunately, the drugs I take (Invega) work well for me, and I can feel when I am going into an episode and take extra Risperdal to balance me out.
Last edited by johnphantom on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:16 pm

johnphantom wrote:I am using the Counter-Strike 1.6 engine to script in it, using a command called "alias" which links pieces of memory together into a single command that can be called. This command is also in OS' like Unix. I do not know how far back in time it goes, but I think its power has been severely underestimated and seen as nothing more than "script kiddie" work. Like I have said in the document, this is by far, hands down, almost infinitely harder than any other programming I have ever done.

The script is called and executed by a command in CS 1.6, where it becomes resident as is. CS is really just a real-time interpreter for the text of the script.

I hope this clarifies my dilemma. Trying not to be a jerk here, but you all really need to read my paper first. =)

PS my script is meant to run in the game CS 1.6, and not anything else. I don't know what the results would be if you ran it in, say, Unix. I think I spent too much time creating the script and paper for it to be malicious. Besides, running the script is only necessary to verify that it works. Perhaps someone will volunteer to try it out and report back?

As you should understand, I'm only being cautious. I am not aware of this game, what the platforms are for, or even why a game would be used to be able to script. Maybe you could rewrite your intro paper to provide an abstract to present what you are doing, who the audience that you are trying to appeal to, and what is necessary to know or use before hand. I couldn't follow what you were getting at and if I did read it all I might be able to. But I got lost near the start because I didn't know exactly what you were intending. I don't want to have to read the whole thing only to discover later that I'm unable to even test what you've made without having to have the prerequisites before-hand.

digress
Frequent Poster

Post by digress » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Scott Mayers wrote:I couldn't follow what you were getting at and if I did read it all I might be able to. But I got lost near the start because I didn't know exactly what you were intending. I don't want to have to read the whole thing only to discover later that I'm unable to even test what you've made without having to have the prerequisites before-hand.

Sometimes I wonder if your capacity to write as much as you do is merely a result of your lack of reading often potent references of information.

@johnphantom

more youtube videos please :lol:
  God is an idea.  

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:31 pm

digress wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote:I couldn't follow what you were getting at and if I did read it all I might be able to. But I got lost near the start because I didn't know exactly what you were intending. I don't want to have to read the whole thing only to discover later that I'm unable to even test what you've made without having to have the prerequisites before-hand.

Sometimes I wonder if your capacity to write as much as you do is merely a result of your lack of reading often potent references of information.

@johnphantom

What are you getting at? The title and intro here suggested some theoretical issue for which johnphantom intended to at least discuss. If you are better enlightened here, let me in on the details. But why the insult? Are you suggesting that people should just jump in blind to something they don't follow? And if you are complaining about how much I write, would you not apply this in kind to having to read a paper which you cannot follow? Do I not have a right to ask questions to John?

And what videos of his are you claiming that he's posted? The only posted video in this thread is the one you linked and he appeared to say following that post that it wasn't his.

digress
Frequent Poster

Post by digress » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Scott Mayers wrote:
digress wrote:

@johnphantom

What are you getting at? The title and intro here suggested some theoretical issue for which johnphantom intended to at least discuss. If you are better enlightened here, let me in on the details. But why the insult? Are you suggesting that people should just jump in blind to something they don't follow? And if you are complaining about how much I write, would you not apply this in kind to having to read a paper which you cannot follow? Do I not have a right to ask questions to John?

And what videos of his are you claiming that he's posted? The only posted video in this thread is the one you linked and he appeared to say following that post that it wasn't his.

I was 'getting at' the fact you wrote about what johnphantom should have wrote in his paper, asked him to clarify an explanation based on your understanding of logical computing, and went on to suggest the script could be malicious, [im condensing your posts here] without taking the time to read the actual paper. Based on reasoning you had no idea what johnphantom's intentions were.

How could you? I really do wonder...

This trend of yours is a curious one, but you've no need to be so fretful.
  God is an idea.  

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:00 am

And I still stand by it. I didn't offend him and reassured him of that. He knows what I'm talking about and responded appropriately to that. It's you who seems to out of the loop here. You're interpreting a heinous insult to something that you'd perceive as one if you heard this. In context, I think any programmer knows the risks that I'm referring to and it is a reasonable thing to raise questions about.

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:01 am

Scott Mayers wrote:As you should understand, I'm only being cautious. I am not aware of this game, what the platforms are for, or even why a game would be used to be able to script. Maybe you could rewrite your intro paper to provide an abstract to present what you are doing, who the audience that you are trying to appeal to, and what is necessary to know or use before hand. I couldn't follow what you were getting at and if I did read it all I might be able to. But I got lost near the start because I didn't know exactly what you were intending. I don't want to have to read the whole thing only to discover later that I'm unable to even test what you've made without having to have the prerequisites before-hand.

Sure I understand being cautious. I could part out the grenade throwing part of the script to run under some other system that uses alias, but I am not sure if something else could handle the input/output that CS does.

Come to think of it, I think I will hit my brother up for some help with Javascript and see if I can implement the grenade part in it. Thanks for pointing these things out to me.

The audience I am trying to appeal to is quantum physicists - I did submit this to the proper forum on thephysicsforum.com and other places. I sort of expected to get a better response here, which I did, thanks =)

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:03 am

What is your thesis here?

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 am

Scott Mayers wrote:What is your thesis here?

My paper - I know it is not much but it is really all I was capable of writing. Hopefully here we will thresh this thing out.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:19 am

johnphantom wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote:What is your thesis here?

My paper - I know it is not much but it is really all I was capable of writing. Hopefully here we will thresh this thing out.

I have to go for a few hours and so can't respond for a bit. But just to try to help, what is the main thing that you think your idea adds or can help to do for science? I'm understanding that you're trying to provide a model to demonstrate how you can virtualize a quantum computer through your program. How does this work logically different from other attempts that are presently being done in chip technology and parallel processing through them and the operating system programs that deal with this?

digress
Frequent Poster

Post by digress » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:26 am

Scott Mayers wrote:And I still stand by it. I didn't offend him and reassured him of that. He knows what I'm talking about and responded appropriately to that. It's you who seems to out of the loop here. You're interpreting a heinous insult to something that you'd perceive as one if you heard this. In context, I think any programmer knows the risks that I'm referring to and it is a reasonable thing to raise questions about.

Fair enough. But the appropriate response being, "I suggest you read my paper", is a curious one if I'm being left out of your loop.

So be it.
  God is an idea.  

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:38 am

Scott Mayers wrote:I have to go for a few hours and so can't respond for a bit. But just to try to help, what is the main thing that you think your idea adds or can help to do for science? I'm understanding that you're trying to provide a model to demonstrate how you can virtualize a quantum computer through your program. How does this work logically different from other attempts that are presently being done in chip technology and parallel processing through them and the operating system programs that deal with this?

It provides an avenue to create a computer that is not based in digits. The point was not to create a virtual quantum computer, but to show that a quantum computer of this type could be made. It was just by luck and crazy drive that I came up with this. It is different in that it does not use numerals, like all the rest of chip technology out there today.

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:51 am

digress wrote:... Synpasi` may not actually be responsible for holding or delivering any actual information, but acting as a Morse code only the brain understands. (or in other words, the in-between method you've discovered)

I like the word "discovered" - I feel it is an integral part of the system right down to the sub-atomic particles and perhaps even beyond - we don't know how far we really have gone into discovering the wonders of the Universe, and perhaps Universi (is this right?) beyond that.

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:55 am

I need to repeat that despite the fact that I was insane when I came up with this, it fully works as intended.

On another site someone informed my that by simply putting this paper out on the net, it could not be patented. I do not know if this is true, but I would hope so. My intent is to keep anyone from owning it, but allow people/corporations to profit from it.

Unfortunately, my brother has informed me that he does not do Javascript programming, but handles the back end of the systems he works on. I have looked into Javascript and there is not an alias command, but I was thinking I could imbed var in itself to achieve the same thing that alias does in CS. Give me some time; I'll work on it

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:09 am

digress wrote:more youtube videos please :lol:

Heh, I don't have any other science videos that I think are really interesting.

Here ya go anyways, a video of an island about 25 miles away from where I grew up and went to school.

phpBB [video]

edit 8/28 : if anyone wants me to prove it I can describe most of the places in the video.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 am

johnphantom wrote:
digress wrote:more youtube videos please :lol:

Heh, I don't have any other science videos that I think are really interesting.

Here ya go anyways, a video of an island about 25 miles away from where I grew up and went to school.

phpBB [video]

edit 8/28 : if anyone wants me to prove it I can describe most of the places in the video.

I'm skeptical. Prove that you're the one behind the camera flying and taking these shots!

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:39 am

Even better, I challenge you to take us all there on a vacation evidentury exploration of skeptics to investigate the nature of whether this place even really exists or is just not some clever computer generated hoax!

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:53 am

Determisistic........

00:07 I do not recognize this dock, it looks fairly new since my 1980s experience there.

00:16 Virgin Gorda, The Baths. From something I wrote: The Baths is a group of huge, some the size of a large buildings, granite boulders that have paths and grottoes throughout the bath temperature water that is between the boulders. This is a unique place on Earth, thought to be formed from the expulsion of material from an ancient volcano.

00:32 A beach close to Spanish Town facing almost due south to Fallen Jerusalem with Ginger Island in the background. Ginger Island has some of the best dive sites in the Virgin Islands, like Alice in Wonderland and Alice's Back Door.

00:40 Jost Van Dyke resort. Other than The Bight on Norman Island, this is a good place to anchor in this area of the VI. I've been caught in a tropical storm near there, and anchored overnight during the intense storm in one of its harbors.

00:50 Another area I am not familiar with. It looks like close to Spanish Town because of the masts.

01:00 Cutting through the Devil's Graveyard at Current Rock between Jost Van Dyke and Cowpet Bay, St. Thomas headed west to the BVI, powersailing no less.

01:20 hammocks at Jost Van Dyke.

01:30 Virgin Gorda Again.

01:40 Jost Van Dyke again, with Dead Mans Chest in the background - yes, that is a real island, where reportedly Blackbeard dropped 18 men and bottle of rum off to determine who lived was fit to be part of his crew.

01:49 Virgin Gorda again with a nice view of Fallen Jerusalem and Ginger Island off in the distance.

02:18 Fish undoubtedly filmed on VG, because of all the rocks on the sea floor.

@Scott: :D

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:48 am

johnphantom wrote:I need to repeat that despite the fact that I was insane when I came up with this, it fully works as intended.

On another site someone informed my that by simply putting this paper out on the net, it could not be patented. I do not know if this is true, but I would hope so. My intent is to keep anyone from owning it, but allow people/corporations to profit from it.

Unfortunately, my brother has informed me that he does not do Javascript programming, but handles the back end of the systems he works on. I have looked into Javascript and there is not an alias command, but I was thinking I could imbed var in itself to achieve the same thing that alias does in CS. Give me some time; I'll work on it

If you are thinking of demonstrating this so that people can universally test it on any platform, Java might be better. If you set up a site yourself that others can go to to test it, you should be able to use Javascript (or today's HTML extensions). I would suggest that even better might be to create a pseudocode version that explains how the logic can be created by whoever wants to create their own program in whatever language they desire. It would be simpler for you in having to explain it and also spells out your idea uniquely and in a way that no one can deny your creative insight. Otherwise, someone could 'steal' your idea by simply taking your particular example and apply it in their own code and not grant you the credit you deserve. What would likely occur instead though is that someone else would likely write out the pseudocode explanation and declare the formulation of it as their own.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudocode or just Google, "Pseudocode" or "pseudocode examples" to see how these are generally accepted. This can also help you or others to be able to apply your formulation in any programming language. I hope this helps and look forward to see such an explanation of your idea in this way if you agree.

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 am

Scott Mayers wrote: If you are thinking of demonstrating this so that people can universally test it on any platform, Java might be better.

Yes I will have to investigate Java. I'm seeing problems with var because it seems that it separates known variables from the execution of code. I am surprised to see that there is no known equivalent to "alias" in Javascript, as it is a scripting language.

I am disturbed that I have to take a "high road" to accomplish a simple task online, for users to consume.

Scott Mayers wrote:I would suggest that even better might be to create a pseudocode version that explains how the logic can be created by whoever wants to create their own program in whatever language they desire.

I would hope for nothing more than that. The problem is I don't know how to edit this down to a suitable output that would work in any environment, because of the dependency on how user input and output is handled.

Maybe I can overcome that with a Java (not script) implementation that can be used on any platform, if nothing more than to demonstrate the working model that I have found that goes through all of the permutations that a math problem that I came up with because of this, that uses the ancient Chinese Pascal's Triangle in a new way to solve the problem. (grenade script part - was that too long of a confusing sentence?)

Scott Mayers wrote:It would be simpler for you in having to explain it and also spells out your idea uniquely and in a way that no one can deny your creative insight. Otherwise, someone could 'steal' your idea by simply taking your particular example and apply it in their own code and not grant you the credit you deserve. What would likely occur instead though is that someone else would likely write out the pseudocode explanation and declare the formulation of it as their own.

I would be lying if I said I don't care about recognition. I think the code stands as a fundamental permanent way to do things with quantum computers, unchanged, and I don't think anyone should own what I think is the system. I do hope universities and corporations do take hold of what I have done, and advance humanity, even if they do make money off of my work.

Scott Mayers wrote: I hope this helps and look forward to see such an explanation of your idea in this way if you agree.

Thanks, and I do appreciate your input. I will not forget it.

johnphantom

Post by johnphantom » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:18 am

I'd really like to point out what I have done from half way down page nine in the document. I think it is novel that I did come up with a new use for Pascal's Triangle, something that people have had a long time to look at. It really illustrates how nothing is really important, and I think is a good way to possibly recycle energy.

I look at my creation as a system of denial, in that doing nothing is more important than doing anything. I think this closely relates to memory, as digress has illustrated in his knowledge of how the brain works. We, by nature, forget things more than we remember. That is why we some people stay sane, and people like Kim Peek cannot deal with reality, but remember everything.