Big Bang… Big Bullsh*t!

What does make the world turn?
Martin Timothy
BANNED

Big Bang… Big Bullsh*t!

Postby Martin Timothy » Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 am

Redshift is an artefact of distance, when the light from a distant galaxy is passed thru a spectrometer it will have a certain redshift, thus the absorption lines from Sulphur for instance will be shifted toward the red end of the spectrum.

The galaxies, and blobs of light from even more distant galaxies and quasars viewed on deep field images, are all red shifted in proportion to their linear distance, whether the image was taken either near either of the Earth’s poles, or from along the equator.

Hubble and the mob of wankers who cackle on about the age of the universe expressed as a percentage of it’s present age, reckon this is because the universe is expanding after the explosion of a primal atom, that could only have been located right where good ol’ Earth is today, the Big Bang hypothesis.

They are all idiots and stretcher case retards, whose impetus is the dumbing down of America, redshift is the universe's distance scale, a class of object called a BL Lacerta object has no redshift, and remains a pinprick of light on even the deepest fields, is thought to be a tunnel shot of the energy beam from the active nucleus of a quasar.

Blue shift is observable in the discs of rotating galaxies, thus the light from a distant galaxy will exhibit mean redshift in proportion to its distance, expanding the image further, the parts coming toward us will be slightly blue shifted away from the mean, similarly as rotation takes objects away their light will be shifted so slightly even further toward the red part of the spectrum.

The Hubble Space Telescope went into orbit with an incorrectly ground primary mirror, hundreds of B’s of D’s were invested in building, storing and testing the HST prior to launch, and nobody had checked to see if the primary mirror was going to work.

Where did the money go, spammers will tell you until you vomit about what a great asset, and what a grand piece of hardware it is, it is not, it is a piece of junk.. Who got the HST money, as well and the trillions missing from the Pentagon revealed September 10 2001.

xouper
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: Big Bang… Big Bullsh*t!

Postby xouper » Tue May 18, 2010 4:29 am

Martin Timothy wrote: ... They are all idiots and stretcher case retards,

I smell a troll.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue May 18, 2010 4:57 am

xouper wrote:

I smell a troll.

Yes, I believe you do.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Postby brauneyz » Tue May 18, 2010 4:59 am

Gord wrote:
xouper wrote:

I smell a troll.

Yes, I believe you do.

Quite certain of it. Let's put the food away. ;)
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue May 18, 2010 5:30 am

brauneyz wrote:
Gord wrote:
xouper wrote:

I smell a troll.

Yes, I believe you do.

Quite certain of it. Let's put the food away. ;)

Except for :pc:
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

DoctorAtlantis
Poster
Custom Title: KSOFM

Postby DoctorAtlantis » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:26 pm

To be fair, we haven't done an episode on Trolls yet - I wonder if we have a potential guest on our hands? ;)

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Martin Brock » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Skeptics are natural trolls. People troll for all sorts of combat here, with theists, homeopaths, alien abductees, you name it. Some troll by the rules. Others don't.
People associating freely respect norms of their choice, and relationships governed this way are necessarily interdependent.

More central authorities conquer by dividing, imposing norms channeling the value of synergy toward themselves.

"Every man for himself" is the prescription of a state, not a free community. A state protects the poor from the rich only in fairy tales.

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:53 am

I can tell you the distance of a light bulb across the room just by knowing it's wattage. Let us know when you have the math skills to figure out the 100 percent fail rate in your OP.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:16 pm

SniprKlr_Msx wrote:Let us know when you have the math skills to figure out the 100 percent fail rate in your OP.

He can't.

"Martin Timothy" has been banned for encouraging violence, specifically, killing Jews, among other people.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Karyn
BANNED

Postby Karyn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:58 pm

SniprKlr_Msx wrote:I can tell you the distance of a light bulb across the room just by knowing it's wattage. Let us know when you have the math skills to figure out the 100 percent fail rate in your OP.
It's 40 Watts. How far ?
Blessings to you all.
May I never bore you but with the details.

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Gord wrote:
SniprKlr_Msx wrote:Let us know when you have the math skills to figure out the 100 percent fail rate in your OP.

He can't.

"Martin Timothy" has been banned for encouraging violence, specifically, killing Jews, among other people.

I see :).. I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the heads up :).. Also, if he were here, I wouldn't say he couldn't do it.
Last edited by SniprKlr_Msx on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Karyn wrote:
SniprKlr_Msx wrote:I can tell you the distance of a light bulb across the room just by knowing it's wattage. Let us know when you have the math skills to figure out the 100 percent fail rate in your OP.
It's 40 Watts. How far ?

I'm not about to sit here and do some calcs, especially when I don't have a photo meter. But if your interested you can reference this:

http://people.bu.edu/clemens/AS102/lab_ ... nosity.pdf

Any body can tell you the distance of a 40 watt light bulb in a room if they know how to do it, and have the means to do It. It just takes some self-education, and I wouldn't doubt that my ability to do so as well. Granted I have yet to try it myself, and it would be a fun little experiment to do.. However there is a reason why they use Supernova's as standard candles. :).

Karyn
BANNED

Postby Karyn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:29 pm

SniprKlr_Msx wrote:
Karyn wrote:
It's 40 Watts. How far ?

I'm not about to sit here and do some calcs, especially when I don't have a photo meter. But if your interested you can reference this:

Any body can tell you the distance of a 40 watt light bulb in a room if they know how to do it, and have the means to do It. It just takes some self-education, and I wouldn't doubt that my ability to do so as well. Granted I have yet to try it myself, and it would be a fun little experiment to do.. However there is a reason why they use Supernova's as standard candles. :).
Oh, you're using a darn photo meter. That explains it. Thanks. :)

Standard Candle ain't such a set standard - but then again, nothing is like it used to be
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/44783

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic ... stronomers
...plus it was recently found to have big bursts of output...
Blessings to you all.

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Karyn wrote:
SniprKlr_Msx wrote:
Karyn wrote:
It's 40 Watts. How far ?

Oh, you're using a darn photo meter. That explains it. Thanks. :)

Standard Candle ain't such a set standard - but then again, nothing is like it used to be

why wouldn't we use a photometer? It's to point out that you can tell the distance, and that is the only relevant point that need be stated I think :). And the luminosity of Supernova's are used as standard candles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_distance_ladder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminosity
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect ... smicd.html

Karyn
BANNED

Postby Karyn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:51 pm

'Cause you said
I can tell you the distance of a light bulb across the room just by knowing it's wattage
bolding added
Blessings to you all.

Manosteel

Postby Manosteel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Some people troll for ackowledgemment..."oh look at me"

Some people troll for religious reasons

Some troll to dispute religious reasons

I troll because it seems fun to make people read crap that has nothing to do with what they are investigating.....sounds good...

If however I find a great lie...i might support it just to watch the skeptics curl and recoil over what "im trying to explain".....there is little better than tossing crap at a skeptic and making him baste in his own words over an open fire....

but none of you intellectuals would know that...shame....we mediocre brain farts have alot of fun that you ultimate smarty guys cant participate in,,,,shame...shame... shame

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:15 am

Karyn wrote:'Cause you said
I can tell you the distance of a light bulb across the room just by knowing it's wattage
bolding added

I see, lol I suppose that was a bit off of a statement :) Just a wee bit over simplified..

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 am

Manosteel wrote:Some people troll for ackowledgemment..."oh look at me"

Some people troll for religious reasons

Some troll to dispute religious reasons

I troll because it seems fun to make people read crap that has nothing to do with what they are investigating.....sounds good...

If however I find a great lie...i might support it just to watch the skeptics curl and recoil over what "im trying to explain".....there is little better than tossing crap at a skeptic and making him baste in his own words over an open fire....

but none of you intellectuals would know that...shame....we mediocre brain farts have alot of fun that you ultimate smarty guys cant participate in,,,,shame...shame... shame

Intellectual integrity is not something to be in shame of.. But whatever floats your boat I suppose :P However, I sometimes like to debate all of those just to see what kind of brain farts might be squeezed out the rectum of our minds.

Karyn
BANNED

Postby Karyn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:27 am

SniprKlr_Msx wrote:
bolding added

I see, lol I suppose that was a bit off of a statement :) Just a wee bit over simplified..
Would it work in a mirrored cylindrical room ? How about in a room painted yellow-green compared to one painted red or black ?

How about if it's a red light bulb ?
Blessings to you all.

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Karyn wrote:
SniprKlr_Msx wrote:
bolding added

Would it work in a mirrored cylindrical room ? How about in a room painted yellow-green compared to one painted red or black ?

You could simply experiment and find out couldn't you ;) I do believe you are grasping for straws here. And why would you use a mirrored room? Maybe you can toss in the variable "Can you do it if the light is turned off?"..

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Karyn wrote:
SniprKlr_Msx wrote:
bolding added

You could simply experiment and find out couldn't you ;) I do believe you are grasping for straws here. And why would you use a mirrored room? That would be a rather interesting challenge however :) Or maybe you can toss in the variable "Can you do it if the light is turned off?"..

Karyn
BANNED

Postby Karyn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:59 pm

SniprKlr_Msx wrote:
Karyn wrote:
SniprKlr_Msx wrote:
bolding added

You could simply experiment and find out couldn't you ;) I do believe you are grasping for straws here. And why would you use a mirrored room? Maybe you can toss in the variable "Can you do it if the light is turned off?"..
Nah, I don't need to grasp at straws. I haven't. Even with a meter you can't tell without more info.
Blessings to you all.

SniprKlr_Msx
Poster

Postby SniprKlr_Msx » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:20 am

Nah, I don't need to grasp at straws. I haven't. Even with a meter you can't tell without more info.

I would agree to the second half of your statement :)

Return to “Science, Technology, and Mathematics”