Motion sickness theory is a swindle

How should we think about weird things?
sgroclkc

Motion sickness theory is a swindle

Postby sgroclkc » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:05 am

On the one hand motion sickness experts agreed on the way in the carsickness, seasickness and airsickness gets sick or motion sickness is caused by motion or rotation or visual stimuli http://www.postgradmed.com/issues/1999/ ... linger.htm, but on the other hand motion sickness experts agreed on the way in the really cause of the motion sickness is not motion, spinning,the precise etiology of motion remains a mystery.http://www.sciencemaster.com/ju ... motion.php and http://nasaexplores.com/show2_articlea.php?id=01-040 Because this would not explain the person who are susceptible to carsickness do not suffer carsickness ,when the person rides train,truck, motorcycle and tractor. Because, of the infrasonic sound or the noise of low frequency is extremely small. And spinning around motion sickness differs from carsickness, seasickness and airsickness in a symptoms.For instance, carsickness, seasickness and airsickness all has a symptom of drowsiness,spinning around motion sickness has not a symptom of drowsiness,spinning around motion sickness has a symptom of spinning around feeling ,carsickness, seasickness and airsickness all has not a symptom of spinning around feeling . This Self-Contradictory Statements is really unprecedented in human scientific history But in reality all these carsickness, seasickness and airsickness gets sick or motion sickness is caused by infrasonic sound or the noise of low frequency. Of instance, (1) this would explain the person who are susceptible to carsickness do not suffer carsickness ,when the person rides train,truck, motorcycle and tractor. Because, of the infrasonic sound or the noise of low frequency is extremely small. (2) There was a highest incidence of seasickness in the speedboat,the speedboat noise is biggest of among all sorts of ships. Proved that seasickness is caused by noise (3) There was a highest incidence of airsickness in the Jet plane,the Jet plane noise is biggest of among all sorts of Planes. Proved that airsickness is caused by noise (4) Space motion sickness is caused by the infrasonic or the noise of low frequency,too.Of instance,the power of the engine of Mercury and Gemini is small that the infrasonic or noise of Mercury and Gemini is small.So,Mercury and Gemini space flight astronauts did not experience space motion sickness.astronauts of Mercury and Gemini floating free in space,too. http://www.sciencemaster.com/jump/space/motion.php
But it was most important to scientists had confirmed motion sickness is caused by infrasonic sound or the noise of low frequency.
For example,Surf pounds the shore, producing shocks of 16 cycles per second, just short of the true infrasound range. Ocean waves, which pound the atmosphere across huge ocean areas, produce an acoustic energy with a mean pitch of 16 cycles per second. The phenomenon of the "barisal guns, fog guns, lake guns" form a well documented bibliography of anomalous acoustic phenomena. These "booming" anomalous tonal phenomena are not isolated to one area or nation. Every nation has accounts of these sea-related mystery sounds. Some regions call them "bay detonations", since they come as abruptly explosive intonations from certain bay areas.
Some of these tones manifest their shocking tones at haphazard intervals. But there are those water-related booms, which are periodic, residents near these sites being accustomed to their mysterious occurrence. The strange "explosive" sounds come at certain times of the day, at certain times of the month, and at certain times of the year. There are certain other related anomalous natural tones, which ring, hoot, and buzz. Some have been likened to organ tones, tuba blasts, and the deep intonings of very large bells. Bay sizes, wave sizes, and geologic compositions of bays and shores have been woven into complex mechanistic attempts at explaining how these mystery sounds are being generated in certain environments.
The detonation may be caused by a sudden "slapping" of bay water by a singular wave having the "right" breadth and momentum, matching the natural resonant pitch of a bay. The underlying bay rock matrix may resound in the manner of a bell, gong, or cymbal. The geological composition of the bay plays the greater part of the effect, sudden winds or water surges knocking the natural "sounding board". These natural bay tones have great infrasonic content.
The infrasonic outputs of the mystery tones are significant. Each of these phenomena produces a range of very low pitch tones. These booming sounds have rattled windows and rocked some small towns. Animals are startled by their inaudible precursors, and humans are often dizzied after their manifestation for hours. In several areas, people are hospitalized by the "boom" related illnesses.
Waterfalls are notorious generators of infrasound. Numerous susceptible visitors at Niagara experience a peculiar nausea, which is not associated with the normal fear of heights. Thundering cataracts produce strong infrasonic shocks to which mile exposure stimulates the common malady. Lake ice and glacial ice produce deep booming sounds which ring for hours, behaving as large tympanic surfaces. The thunderous sounds associated with these occurrences produces infrasound of pitch related to ice surface mass, breadth, and length alone. Antarctic research experienced nausea in relation to ice related sounds.
Tidal waves and other sudden variations of water surfaces produce large magnitude "seiche" waves. These have been sighted by ocean going ships, where oceanic surfaces have drastically changed elevation in an incredibly short time. Ships "drop" into such huge ocean troughs and rise again after the wave passes. In dropping, some have crashed to the very rock bottom of their bays, only to be lifted in pieces when the wave resurged. Film footage of the great and horrid Alaskan Earthquake (1964) reveals this devastating sea "drop-out".
Upon such lethal seiche tides, even in the fortunate absence of earthquakes, comes nausea and other coastal related illnesses. Large intensity infrasonic sea shocks have their powerful effect on the overlying atmosphere of their regions. These infrasonic shock waves travel for long distances. Certain bays are known for the high incidence of such illnesses, the result of resonant bay water "heavings" which occur daily. Their sickening effects are seemingly "stored up" in physiology, lasting for hours. While these phenomena proceed from deep in the heart of earth, and on its surface, there are phenomena, which generate infrasonic sources ... from space.
http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/history/gavreau.htm
Low intensity infrasound from autocar engines has been well recognised to induce car sickness (30)(98) - a mild serotonergic-vestibular disturbance involving nausea, giddiness, headache.http://www.markpurdey.com/scie ... _bse_7.htm

Moreover this theory about motion sickness is caused by all kinds of acceleration of different directions and size or Coriolis acceleration (,reference: http://www.remarkablemedicine.com/Clini ... otion.html),Overthrow Newton’s second law of motion.Because,Newton’s second law of motion says anly by calculate a man or an object is influenced by size of the resultant force can know a man or an object is influenced by the size of the in reality acceleration.of instance, the astronaut is affected by the Gravitation acceleration as well as the centrifugal force acceleration in space,But the in reality is affected by acceleration equal for zero.
So,this idea not only was a fraud but it was maximum jest in human scientific history.
Motion sickness experts knew this, they kept quiet up to now
And they knew rendered violently nauseous noise of an airplane,they calling this motion sickness a “conditioned reflex,"Their statement rather absurd.
These motion sickness experts made up a formidable vested interest group.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:44 am

I have received a e-mail so far,"eNotes Support" <help-support@enotes.com>
Hello!

Thank you for your message to eNotes Support.

We have received your message and will respond as soon as possible.
Your request is absolutely important to us, and we will make every effort
to resolve the issue in a timely fashion. Thank you for your patience.

eNotes Support

snooziums
Frequent Poster

Postby snooziums » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:51 am

Interesting...

But I am still interested in what causes motion sickness.

I have it, and rather badly too. I cannot sleep in a moving car, and if I do fall asleep, I will wake up throwing up. I cannot sit in the back seat very well either.

But, if I am driving, or in the front seat, then I just about never have any problems.
Reviewing the massive amount of unsubstantiated or anecdotal claims, testimony, non-validated observational data, and philosophical studies, they actually suggest the existence of such an entity as the "soul." Although it cannot be determined what it is or if it is factual or not, it is my personal belief that there may very well be something there, and that it is worth looking into.

sciwoman
Regular Poster

Postby sciwoman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:44 am

I have to join Snooziums here in asking the question what does cause motions sickness? I've only suffered from it a few times.

Personally, I don't see how this can be some big conspiracy. Most people treat it themselves with an over the counter pill, so it is not like doctors are making any money. And the pill themselves are very inexpensive, so I don't see how the manufacturers are getting rich off these drugs. I know that some people get a prescription for those patches, but even those aren't all that expensive. So, I don't see where the big conspiracy would come in. Its not like anyone is getting rich off of motion sickness.
Our species may well be in a transitional evolutionary phase wherein we either use our minds to survive or become extinct in consequence of idiotic religious behavior.-Baubles of Blasphemy-Edwin F. Kagin

Bearguin
Poster

Postby Bearguin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:33 am

sciwoman wrote:I have to join Snooziums here in asking the question what does cause motions sickness?

Right now, I'm thinking lack of paragraphs :)
In school, most stupid decisions are made by Principals. In the military, most stupid decisions are made by Generals. I am opposed to Generals and Principals - on general principles.
Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: The other god

Postby Paul Anthony » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:49 am

snooziums wrote: I have it, and rather badly too. I cannot sleep in a moving car, and if I do fall asleep, I will wake up throwing up. I cannot sit in the back seat very well either.

But, if I am driving, or in the front seat, then I just about never have any problems.

As I understand it, the problem is caused by a conflict between visual input and the sense of motion in the inner ear. When you're driving, you're looking at the road ahead, but as a passenger you are usually looking out the side window or at something inside the vehicle. The motion experienced does not match the visual input, so there is a loss of equilibrium.

Obviously, I am not a scientist. The above is a laymen's explanation, but it does explain why I can drive without discomfort but why I can't read in a moving vehicle, for instance.
People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:53 am

As I understand it, the problem is caused by a conflict between visual input and the sense of motion in the inner ear. When you're driving, you're looking at the road ahead, but as a passenger you are usually looking out the side window or at something inside the vehicle. The motion experienced does not match the visual input, so there is a loss of equilibrium.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The symptoms are different and the reasons are different.

snooziums
Frequent Poster

Postby snooziums » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:01 am

Well, I know that I cannot sleep or read in a moving vehicle. I must have a view out the front, which is why if I am in the back seat, I try to sit in the middle seat, even if it is uncomfortable, at least I can see forward.

I know that if I cannot see forward, I will throw up. This has been tested many times (not deliberately of course) and received the same results of this "study" over and over again. So, me getting sick in this case is is a proven "theory."
Reviewing the massive amount of unsubstantiated or anecdotal claims, testimony, non-validated observational data, and philosophical studies, they actually suggest the existence of such an entity as the "soul." Although it cannot be determined what it is or if it is factual or not, it is my personal belief that there may very well be something there, and that it is worth looking into.

sgroclkc

Re: Motion sickness theory is a swindle

Postby sgroclkc » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Because motion sickness theory fraud has exposed by me, China's motion sickness expert ten years have not published the related motion sickness paper.

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 am

sgroclkc wrote:Because motion sickness theory fraud has exposed by me, China's motion sickness expert ten years have not published the related motion sickness paper.

That sentence makes no sense.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:47 am

To be fair, not much of the OP does either.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:10 am

There is no mystery about motion sickness.

As Paul said, it is caused by a discrepancy between what the eye sees, and what the
balance organs perceive. The first effect is vertigo. That translates into nausea.

Why should vertigo cause nausea? The best theory I have seen is that vertigo is also a symptom of being poisoned. Our primeval ancestors risked being poisoned by many plant foods. When this happens, we feel vertigo from the poison, and the brain translates that into a message that whatever is in your stomach had better be ejected with urgency!

I am painfully aware of the link between vertigo and nausea. After a scuba dive, I got hit by decompression sickness (the bends) which affected my balance organs. Prime symptom was terrible vertigo. it did not take long before I started to feel nauseus also, and emptied my lunch.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:50 am

Poodle wrote:To be fair, not much of the OP does either.

Neither does waiting four years to bump the thread, but what the heck, why not?
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:35 am

It's a very long-frequency wavelength.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:38 pm

China's motion sickness experts already stopped publishing motion sickness paper since 10 years ago because motion sickness theory have been exposed as scientific fraud.Now the motion sickness experts around the world continues to fraud, besides China's motion sickness experts.

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Austin Harper » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:43 pm

sgroclkc wrote:China's motion sickness experts already stopped publishing motion sickness paper since 10 years ago because motion sickness theory have been exposed as scientific fraud.Now the motion sickness experts around the world continues to fraud, besides China's motion sickness experts.

Please, put on a blindfold and go for a car ride (NOT DRIVING!) on a winding country road. Or go sailing and stay in the cabin the whole time. Or get on a Tilt-A-Whirl with your eyes closed. Then tell me motion sickness isn't real.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Blind people suffer from motion sickness too.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:57 pm

People who are deaf due to cochlea damage do not suffer from motion sickness because inability to perceive the infrasonic sound or the noise of low frequency.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Alright, I admit it!

I'm the cause of motion sickness. I always have been, and I always will be.

You caught me.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Fozzy
Poster

Postby Fozzy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:35 pm

sgroclkc wrote:People who are deaf due to cochlea damage do not suffer from motion sickness because inability to perceive the infrasonic sound or the noise of low frequency.

This is a repost from a yahoo question and answer.

"The cochlea is attached to the semicircular canals (SCCs), the organ that senses spinning and sends the message to the brain that is interpreted as vertigo, or motion sickness. Just like the cochlea isn't sending a sound message to the brain, the SCCs isn't sending a dizziness message to the brain either.

http://www.infovisual.info/03/049_en.htm…"

No sensation of spinning, no motion sickness.
This shows that there is an alternative reason for those with cochlea damage to not suffer from motion sickness other then the reasons you are claiming.

And 'hello world'

Blacksamwell
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Buckfutter

Postby Blacksamwell » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:27 pm

sgroclkc wrote:People who are deaf due to cochlea damage do not suffer from motion sickness because inability to perceive the infrasonic sound or the noise of low frequency.

Citation? Evidence?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Postby Lance Kennedy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:37 pm

sgroclkc wrote:Blind people suffer from motion sickness too.

That may be true, but lack of vision is an influence that reduces the effect.

I am an expert on motion sickness, because I spend a lot of time in boats, and I am somewhat vulnerable, if I do not take a pill. I know from bitter experience that the best way to mitigate the horrible experience is to lie down, very still, with eyes closed. The second best way is to sit looking at the horizon.

Both techniques reduce the disparity between what your eyes tell you and what your inner ear tells you.

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Blacksamwell wrote:

Citation? Evidence?

While I think sgroclkc's OP is a bunch of jibberish, I think he is right about this one. If I recall correctly there was an article about this in Sketpic in the past year or two. I think it was in a Skepdoc article. I'll check tonight when I get home.

Blacksamwell
Frequent Poster

Postby Blacksamwell » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Blacksamwell wrote:

Citation? Evidence?

While I think sgroclkc's OP is a bunch of jibberish, I think he is right about this one. If I recall correctly there was an article about this in Sketpic in the past year or two. I think it was in a Skepdoc article. I'll check tonight when I get home.

I understand how a damaged or missing cochlea would negate motion sickness due to the cochlea's part in sensing orientation and motion.

It's the infrasonic sound claim I'm most curious about.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Postby Lance Kennedy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 pm

The balance organs, or semicircular canals, are situated right next to the cochlea. Damage to the cochlea itself should not mitigate motion sickness, but the immediate proximity means that a damaged cochlea will often be associated with a damaged balance organ. If the balance organ is not working, that could well reduce motion sickness.

Blacksamwell
Frequent Poster

Postby Blacksamwell » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:21 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:The balance organs, or semicircular canals, are situated right next to the cochlea. Damage to the cochlea itself should not mitigate motion sickness, but the immediate proximity means that a damaged cochlea will often be associated with a damaged balance organ. If the balance organ is not working, that could well reduce motion sickness.

But not via any reduction in infrasound perception (whatever that means), right?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Postby Lance Kennedy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:11 am

Humans cannot perceive infrasound. Elephants can, but few other animals. Personally, I would require a lot more growth to claim to be an elephant.

On motion sickness and infrasound, a lot of motion sickness can be generated under conditions where no infrasound is present. I remember a peddle powered and demonic device which whirled people in circles whose path changed constantly. A lot of the victims became motion sick, and there is no way in the world that gadget could have generated infrasound.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:38 pm

On motion sickness and infrasound, a lot of motion sickness can be generated under conditions where no infrasound is present. I remember a peddle powered and demonic device which whirled people in circles whose path changed constantly. Alot of the victims became motion sick, and there is no way in the world that gadget could have generated infrasound. —————————————————————————This is a fraud because each cause has its own types, characteristics,   for example,5 different causes of hepatitis exist ,each cause of hepatitis has different hepatitis symptoms and types ,5 different causes of hepatitis do not negate each other.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Ah - I think we're witnessing a different interpretation of the word "fraud".

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Fozzy wrote:And 'hello world'

:wave: Hi Fozzy.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:54 am

Poodle wrote:Ah - I think we're witnessing a different interpretation of the word "fraud".

So, let me get this straight... If I could demonstrate that some people get motion-sick just from watching, oh I don't know, a roller-coaster ride on a silent TV in a sound-proof room, instead of proving the opening premise invalid, it would prove I'm a fraud, and the fact that that's fraudulent evidence is supporting evidence for the fraud.

So, in summary; Evidence that debunks a non-fraud is not evidence a fraud is debunked.

Is my logic correct?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm not sure if that was addressed to me, MM. Even so, I can give you a definite maybe for an answer

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:00 pm

I'm glad we agree.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

There are three main types of motion sickness that are caused by infrasonic sound ,axis rotation and visually induced .They are all different in certain ways .All three types of motion sickness can lead to nausea.Axis rotation and visually induced can lead to dizziness and infrasonic sound do not.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Axis rotation motion sickness can lead to a spinning sensation and others do not.Carsickness, seasickness and airsickness can lead to drowsiness and others do not.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:55 pm

It was a Frenchman, V. Gavreau, who, during the Sixties, first reported human health problems caused by exposure to infrasound. The symptoms resembled seasickness, accompanied by headache, nausea, and “dizziness” (???)which led to “deep nervous fatigue.” http://www.windturbinesyndrome.com/news ... es-france/

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Axis rotation and visually induced can lead to dizziness and infrasound do not. For example,motion sickness produces a whole range of symptoms, of which nausea and vomiting are the most severe. http://www.aeromedix.com/aeromedix_arti ... index.html

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:28 am

Motion sickness theory has already become clear as the greatest scientific fraud in the history of science.

sgroclkc

Postby sgroclkc » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:55 am

China'smotion sickness experts threatens to sue me for libel in 2008, but until now they does not dare to sue me.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 am

sgroclkc wrote:Motion sickness theory has already become clear as the greatest scientific fraud in the history of science.

I thought the whole vaccination scare was pretty great.
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “Skepticism and Critical Thinking”