Don't feed the Trolls

How should we think about weird things?
Pyrrho
Administrator

Re: Don't feed the Trolls

Post by Pyrrho » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Poodle wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:... Here's some muktuk, shirako, hakarl, and a stargazey pie.
You have to be tough to eat stargazey pie. I mean TOUGH
I've eaten liver prepared by my Grandmother and survived. I could do it.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:34 pm

I'm a failure. I can't even show a stargazey pie image :cray:

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Post by Nikki Nyx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Poodle wrote:I'm a failure. I can't even show a stargazey pie image :cray:
Out of respect for my fellow skeptics, I deliberately refrained from posting images of any of the food I mentioned. *shudder*
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:14 pm

You could always do that^. :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:20 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
:shock: :blink: :sr:
Eyes is an fialure.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:13 pm

That actually looks delicious.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:07 pm

Gord wrote:That actually looks delicious.
Only because you think those fish are dead.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:59 am

Pyrrho wrote:However...it turns out that Confidencia was a sock puppet of a banned user, so Confidencia has been banned. I am sure there are others, and I will deal with those in due course.
Thank you Pyrrho. :D

For the record
Confidencia was a sock puppet of Shaka, who was banned. From memory, it was his fourth sock-puppet after his third sock puppet, Azania, had his account suspended.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 40#p551281

He stopped using his earlier names, such as Clarifyit4me, to hide his early insulting posts, in the same way Placid simply deleted his early posts.
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 86#p413705

Confidencia cannot complain about being banned. When we asked him why he kept coming back he said "Things happen and no one is responsible". He can now live by his own words. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 am

placid wrote: I'd love to be banned,
Well we have banned two Advaita followers in three days. Gustaave, (Sock puppet Eaen) and Confidencia (sock puppets Clarifyit4me, Shaka, Azania)

Why don't you ask to have your forum account closed, in respect to your fellow Advaita followers?

We still have Gorgeous here, and we really don't need two incoherent cosmic idiots, here, to make fun of.
:lol:

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:53 am

Poodle wrote:
Monster wrote:Why do you write this stuff?
Because placid is a person of very little intelligence who has learned the rhythm of brainless juxtapositional claptrap. Full of negations because that's what the stuff she reads is full of. She thinks it makes her sound one with the universe when, in fact, it makes her look dumb.
Any fool can look up(re-search) knowledge from a text book and archive it away in the dark slimy caverns, and then on demand recite that knowledge in the attempt to appear a clever dick...we can all do that.
That's the only place knowledge exists, in the Knower....

The knower can't be known..because it is already being the knowing....and that's how it knows, via knowledge ONLY.
A word cannot know itself...there has to be a Knower present, that knower is the same knower in every reader, aka the mind.

The knower and known are inseparably one in the same instant. And while it is believed that there are ''multiple knowers'' ..the ONE real KNOWER ..will never be known or even noticed...although it can be when the sense of ''separate knower'' collapses.

This is what Adavaita teaches, the knower is not a God, or a Religion, or a Human, the Knower is the mind that we all have, paradoxically there is only the mind - there is no other mind. The mind knows itself via knowledge. Knowledge is the seen - the mind is the seer..aka (Embodied Awareness) ...

''The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.''

If placid was the one with little or no intelligence then she would probably have a defective body having only half a brain or 3 fingers missing or pooing out of the mouth instead of the bum hole, or seeing from ears and hearing from the eyes...so it's a good job placid is not the intelligent one here.
There is no person inside the body. There is only NO ONE BEING ...beingness.

It takes no effort or intelligence just to be. Because that's all you are...everything else is just an idea arising in you...aka knowledge.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:01 am

placid wrote:... Any fool can look up(re-search) knowledge from a text book and archive it away in the dark slimy caverns, and then on demand recite that knowledge in the attempt to appear a clever dick...we can all do that ...
The perpetual lament of the terminally thick.
Let's see, placid - you got your mantras from ... errmmm ... sheer inspiration, yes?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 am

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:... Any fool can look up(re-search) knowledge from a text book and archive it away in the dark slimy caverns, and then on demand recite that knowledge in the attempt to appear a clever dick...we can all do that ...
The perpetual lament of the terminally thick.
Let's see, placid - you got your mantras from ... errmmm ... sheer inspiration, yes?
Wrong I

Placid is an appearance in the ''Knower''...she is a known concept. Concepts don't know anything, they are the known.

That which appears to be thick is never thick.

Mind, simply put, cannot accept it is the observed and not the observer.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:13 am

So you developed your non-dualism all by yourself?. Not a book read, not a conversation had, not a seminar attended. Yes?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:29 am

Poodle wrote:So you developed your non-dualism all by yourself?. Not a book read, not a conversation had, not a seminar attended. Yes?
Yes, that which is capable of being able to identify itself as an object - must also be capable of the collapsing of that object because IT is the ONE creating it.

What is aware is awakened awareness. Impersonal.
Mind may understand these words conceptually but not the reality they point to.

Formless, impersonal awareness awakens to itself (it's formless nature) through the embodied awareness of the body-mind action figure.

Who you are is the awareness of an object not the object. You can experience yourself as awareness but never the object.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Out of respect for my fellow skeptics, I deliberately refrained from posting images of any of the food I mentioned. *shudder*
The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection; The water has no mind to retain their image.

The real YOU has no image of itself.

The menu is not the food.

YOU also know this.

KNOWLEDGE informs illusory reality.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:07 pm

placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:So you developed your non-dualism all by yourself?. Not a book read, not a conversation had, not a seminar attended. Yes?
Yes, that which is capable of being able to identify itself as an object - must also be capable of the collapsing of that object because IT is the ONE creating it.
OK. Sorry ... but
:-D :lol: :laff: :pin:

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
OK. Sorry ... but
:-D :lol: :laff: :pin:

The mirror cannot lie.

The lie is in the dream not the dreamer.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

The lie is in an obviously (painfully obviously) false claim. I decided you were a pathological liar a few posts ago. Now you confirm it.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Poodle wrote:The lie is in an obviously (painfully obviously) false claim. I decided you were a pathological liar a few posts ago. Now you confirm it.
That which can claim requires a claimer.

One cannot claim a claimer. One is the claiming.

Aka No one.

placid
Frequent Poster

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
We still have Gorgeous here, and we really don't need two incoherent cosmic idiots, here, to make fun of. :lol:
You do need two else you wouldn't be able to know you are making fun of yourself.

Try the mirror trick...poke your tongue out in from of it and watch it do same back.

With-out me(mirror) you cannot exist (reflection)

Now for a joke....why did the skeleton go to the party alone- because he had no body to go with.

You can't just ban people for daring to be them-self, the real fictional character...

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:18 pm

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection; The water has no mind to retain their image.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
placid wrote:The real YOU has no image of itself.
I most certainly have an image of myself in my mind. Not "image" as in "representation of physical appearance," but a conglomerate of the knowledge and experience that makes me "me."
placid wrote:The menu is not the food.
I learned this one the hard way, and that's why I can never go back to Taco Bell.

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
True, but I figured those who already knew what it is wouldn't want to be reminded, and those who don't know would look it up out of morbid curiosity. :mrgreen:

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:53 pm

placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Monster wrote:Why do you write this stuff?
Because placid is a person of very little intelligence who has learned the rhythm of brainless juxtapositional claptrap. Full of negations because that's what the stuff she reads is full of. She thinks it makes her sound one with the universe when, in fact, it makes her look dumb.
Any fool can look up(re-search) knowledge from a text book and archive it away in the dark slimy caverns, and then on demand recite that knowledge in the attempt to appear a clever dick...we can all do that.
Except that what you describe here isn't "intelligence." "Intelligence" is the ability to:
determine what information is factual and what is utter nonsense,
integrate newly learned facts into one's existing knowledge base,
reason logically about the newly learned information in the context of one's existing knowledge base, and
modify one's world view based on the above-described process, overturning confirmation biases as necessary.
All four steps are necessary for "intelligence."
placid wrote:''The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.''
...not unless the inferior idea is discarded based on a critical examination of the facts, because maintaining two opposed ideas results in cognitive dissonance.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:''The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.''
...not unless the inferior idea is discarded based on a critical examination of the facts, because maintaining two opposed ideas results in cognitive dissonance.
Thats a very interesting comment. So interesting, I'll even google before I respond:

cognitive dissonance: Discomfort caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously........

My BONE being....I like ideas in opposition.......two ends of a continuum, or degrees of separation and so on. I think it is the "Western Mind" that immediately labels this a conflict with resulting discomfort. OR: maybe my immediate kneejerk response to "holding off" (sic with reference to hold and to maintain) on forming any conclusions?

Skim the surface or deep plunge? Lots of public and private error in EQUATING two inconsistent ideas. Well, I can see this subject needs an H.Cider or two to ponder.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:03 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Thats a very interesting comment. So interesting, I'll even google before I respond:

cognitive dissonance: Discomfort caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously........

My BONE being....I like ideas in opposition.......two ends of a continuum, or degrees of separation and so on.
Obviously, if one lacks the data to discard one of the two opposed ideas, then one must continue to hold onto them as "potential facts" until additional data allows a logical conclusion. But holding both as beliefs is cognitive dissonance.

You can't simultaneously accept the theory of gravity and believe you can levitate. You can't simultaneously accept that your physical body requires certain nutrients and believe you can survive on air alone. That's what I meant by "cognitive dissonance." There appears to be a lot of it in the world today. *cough...supply-side economics...cough*

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Nikki: I agree. the emPHAsis being on what "hold""maintain""Belief" mean in their applicable detail. since I always am willing to change my mind.......do I believe anything? (by the fundie definition???.........or the scientific one of every issue being open to new information????)..........My dictionary is gonna burn up!
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:57 pm

Placid follows Gachchy on a couple of religious forums and probably picked up some buzz phrases about Advaita by copying Gachchy.
Placid wrote:I picked this forum because gachchy is here. He's a real friend of mine

Gachchy was another Advaita follower on the forum, who spammed Advaita nonsense before leaving. Gachchy appears on some religious forums giving his opinion on the Advaita religion. I'm suspicious all these people are Indians in remote areas of the UK.

Here is a photo of Gachchy
gachchy.jpg
Gachchy on our forum.
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 01#p451501
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:43 am

There are two types of teacher <> Same ONE dreaming difference where there is none.

1: The teacher that teaches you are your name-tag, and that in order to not be a no-one in the world which you are -you have to be someone which you are not.
(this teacher usually wears a suit and comes home from job all tense immediately reaching for relief usually found in a bottle, then stays awake half the night stirring from info overload) they all gather in one place together as unique individuals with their own unique creative juices and make them copy and repeat a knowledge that no one owns.

2: The teacher that teaches you are no one aka consciousness having the unique experience of being a someone, and that you will continue to have these totally unique never to be repeated experiences infinitely for eternity. So there is no rush to get somewhere, there is plenty of time to do everything. And there is no such thing as a failure.
(this teacher usually wears loose robes (much more comfortable, better for the circulation, and comes home from job all relaxed, and sleeps like a baby)

Both are true and not-true at the same time.

One teacher points you away from your true self. The other points you back to your true self.

Both teachers serve a grand purpose because there cannot be one without the other, they are really equals, as opposites have to exist in the same moment.

There are two types of knowledge.

1: The knowledge of real SELF all-knowing.
2: The knowledge of illusory MIND not-knowing.

Both are true and not-true at the same time. Same ONE dreaming difference where there is none.

There are two types of No-thing Nothing.

1: The No thing of the SELF
2: The desperate Nothing of the MIND

Both are true and not-true at the same time.

EveryONE is Y-OUR teacher = YOU-R

No one can teach you what you already know(awakened one) - they simply remind you what you have temporally forgotten(alseep)

Reality has no/copyright.

Quoted:
''There is a degree of truth in everything. All lies are but half truths and all truths but half-lies. The question of being qua being is not one of what it is not, but rather what is, what is not and what maybe."

I'll link the source of the quote if anyone is interested...
but knowing how smart you all are on here, I'm sure it won't take you long to find it yourself.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:03 am

I just ran that last post through a BS detector. It crashed.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:14 am

Poodle wrote:I just ran that last post through a BS detector. It crashed.
Never mind, try re-booting, that often brings it all back again.

There is no where to hide.

Why is spacetime curved, so that when you take a dump - it stops your poo from smacking you in the face.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:

Gachchy was another Advaita follower on the forum, who spammed Advaita nonsense before leaving. Gachchy appears on some religious forums giving his opinion on the Advaita religion. I'm suspicious all these people are Indians in remote areas of the UK.
Gachchy has the good sense to leave, not like me, I love rolling around in the mud, the pigs really enjoy it. Have you seen them in action, they love it. A pig is still a pig no matter how much perfume you put on.

Gachchy is placid's imaginary friend the only true friend. If you didn't believe in your imagined self or know your imagined self ...who or what would you be? You need each other, same one.

Your Racism is showing Matt. :nownow:

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:17 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Placid follows Gachchy on a couple of religious forums and probably picked up some buzz phrases about Advaita by copying Gachchy.
Placid is no ones bitch...I listen first, and then make up my own mind as to what's true or not. I can think for myself.

Nature doesn't make copies, it is your society that makes you into a copy, by teaching copyright.

Here is an image of Matt's friend, the one he copies off of...the religion he follows.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:18 am

Watch out the thought police are coming.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:36 am

Bye the way Matt...I deleted all my other posts because I didn't like the way I was communicating this message, not because they were wrong.

Remember in the classroom when you would screw up your pieces of work because you were not happy with the way you had written them?

Paper can be destroyed, but the information on that paper can never be destroyed. Information forever lies latent in the woo woo field until it is required on demand, there already waiting for you just in case you've forgotten to remember something......whooo hoo!

I won't be deleting any more of my posts Matt, because I'm self taught, I can only keep getting better and better at knowing what I do not know, only when I experience and decide this for myself, what's true and what isn't.

We're all just the same one trying to be clever dicks..no one is excluded from the clever dick club/religion... You only get what you give, and give what you get... SELF taught.

Tension is so you can come...but relaxation only comes ...once you've come... not before you've come..

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:30 pm

placid wrote:Bye the way Matt...I deleted all my other posts because I didn't like the way I was communicating this message, not because they were wrong.
We know why you deleted all of your post and ran away, placid. Most of us were there. It was one of the more disgusting things I've ever witnessed.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Anyway...one person's troll is another person's comedic genius...and vice-versa.
And one mans spam is another mans steak...and vice versa. 8-)

It's okay to be the friend of your imaginary friends, they wont bite you...they have no teeth, their bark is worse than their bite..woof woof... ;)

Do you like my singing? ;)

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Poodle wrote: We know why you deleted all of your post and ran away, placid. Most of us were there. It was one of the more disgusting things I've ever witnessed.
Aww, did-dums!

Yes, sh*t happens.
It's a filthy job but someones got to do it.

My advice would be to not stare at your sh*t for too long, just let it all go it deserves it's freedom.

Do what the masters do and flush it down the toilet where it belongs. Geeez, who dragged you up through the gutters, didn't your mother show you how to wipe your own arse after yourself.

Personally, I don't worry about things like clearing up my own sh*t after myself.

But to deliberately ignore others as through the ignore function here...now that is disgusting, that's quite insulting actually.

PS, you don't know why I did it, you have no possible access to my why's...only your own sordid mind...which you've already admitted is disgusting.

Smell your own BS

Err, umm, it's like, no matter how much you try to cover your own sh*t, you'll fail every time, because you always know when sh*t's around..err, hmm, what's that...ooh, what's that smell...?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Poodle wrote: We know why you deleted all of your post and ran away, placid. Most of us were there. It was one of the more disgusting things I've ever witnessed.

Allow me to tell you a story, that really happened.

Once when I was a little girl, about 4-5 years old... One night I sh*t in my bed while I was asleep, I didn't even know I was doing it ... since I was asleep, anyway in the morning, I gathered up the bedsheet and rolled it all up into a ball and then thew it out of the bedroom window because I was so ashamed of what I'd done and was so scared my mother would think I was disgusting.

Turns out she didn't think that of me at all, and gave me a reassuring hug....turns out all my fears were unfounded.
Because no loving parent would ever tell their child they were disgusting, not in my reality anyway.

Did you like my story?

And that's why I am the perfect mirror for you, because you really hate looking at your ugly face don't you?

There is only one solution to that...lets have a face-off.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Placid, think of your posts here as the intellectual equivalent to your soiled bedsheet.
trump is Putin's bitch

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Aztexan wrote:Placid, think of your posts here as the intellectual equivalent to your soiled bedsheet.