Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

How should we think about weird things?
User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:00 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: One : Matthew
Two : Nikki
Three : Poodle
Four : Monster
All name tags are appearances here today gone tomorrow... but the reader aka consciousness is the same one constant presence that they are appearing in inseparable from.

There has to be a constant present for any thing to appear at all. You are that. The appearances are just the experience presence is having...coming and going while it never comes or goes, for it has to be constant, else nothing can be...ever, and there is no such state as nothingness...presence is infinitely here now always for eternity. It's called empty fullness.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:11 am

placid wrote:there is only one reader.
placid wrote: There are not several readers,
One : Matthew
Two : Nikki
Three : Poodle
Four : Monster

placid wrote: All name tags are .......
"tags" is plural you complete buffoon. You forgot your Advaita religious claim yet again. :lol:
placid wrote:electrons are not real
Now pull out your computer's wall plug and use your advaita religious shared consciousness to make your next post. :D

Have you worked out why the screen isn't working? (probably not)
:lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:12 am

Nikki Nyx wrote: Many producers, but only one consumer? Ridiculous.
Wrong I

It's many consumers, one producer.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:17 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:there is only one reader.
placid wrote: There are not several readers,
One : Matthew
Two : Nikki
Three : Poodle
Four : Monster

placid wrote: All name tags are .......
"tags" is plural you complete buffoon. You forgot your Advaita religious claim yet again. :lol:
You forgot to negate the name tag claim.

For Matthew.. Nikki.. Poodle...Monster to exist, which you say they do, you say they are the readers, then that too is making a claim.

Many authors appear, but only one reader reads the writing no one ever writ.

There is no one here to claim reality, except in this conception as imagined by no one, this is a dream dreamt by no one.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 am

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Many producers, but only one consumer? Ridiculous.
Wrong I. It's many consumers, one producer.
*sigh* You can't even keep your own BS straight. If it's many consumers, but only one producer, then we are all separate readers, but the same writer, which is exactly the opposite of what you've been insisting on ad infinitum et ad nauseum. Readers consume; writers produce.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:23 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Have you worked out why the screen isn't working? (probably not) [/color] :lol:

The mind can be off or on ...but that in which it appears and disappears....on and off ..is never off, because it was never on...you are that one.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 am

placid wrote: All name tags are .......
placid wrote:You forgot to negate the name tag claim.
You already slipped and said "tags" (plural)

You don't actually believe any of your own Advaita religious crap.
:D
dumbdumber poster.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:26 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Many producers, but only one consumer? Ridiculous.
Wrong I. It's many consumers, one producer.
*sigh* You can't even keep your own BS straight. If it's many consumers, but only one producer, then we are all separate readers, but the same writer, which is exactly the opposite of what you've been insisting on ad infinitum et ad nauseum. Readers consume; writers produce.
There is only one source/producer/giver ....what comes out of this one are the many ...all the same one appearing different...that's all.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: All name tags are .......
placid wrote:You forgot to negate the name tag claim.
You already slipped and said "tags" (plural)


No one said this.

Verb.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:28 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Have you worked out why the screen isn't working, when you pull out the plug? (probably not) :lol:
placid wrote:The mind can be off or on
So you can't get the computer to work using your Advaita religious shared consciousness. Surprise surprise!

Well that's another nail in the Advaita coffin :lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
You don't actually believe any of your own crap.

Believe what you want it's your fantasy, not mine.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:30 am

placid wrote:No one said this.
You did. You forgot your own religion claim and acknowledged there are several people reading this thread.

Bummer for you.
:lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:31 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: Have you worked out why the screen isn't working, when you pull out the plug? (probably not) :lol:
placid wrote:The mind can be off or on
So you can't get the computer to work using your Advaita religious shared consciousness. Surprise surprise!

Well that's another nail in the Advaita coffin :lol:
That which does not exist except as an idea cannot be shared.

Can you know the idea that's in my head right now?

Thought not.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:32 am

placid wrote:Many authors appear, but only one reader reads the writing no one ever writ.
See, this kind of {!#%@} is why you face ridicule here. There cannot be writing unless someone writes it.
placid wrote:There is no one here to claim reality, except in this conception as imagined by no one, this is a dream dreamt by no one.
And there can be no dream unless someone dreams it.

You just post words in a row that have no semantic content. We can all do that. Hold my beer and watch this...

• Infinity is a string of pulled mozzarella that never breaks.
• You cannot achieve immortality unless you accept that you will die.
• Time is a garden in which we plant the memories of our experiences.
• Look over your shoulder to see your future; look ahead of you to see your past.
• Life is a mountain you climb with no expectation of ever reaching the peak.

Actually, all that crap I just wrote makes a lot more sense than anything you've written.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:No one said this.
You did. You forgot your own religion claim and acknowledged there are several people reading this thread.

Bummer for you.
:lol:
Yes, apparently it was said, but who that was I have no idea, except what is imagined.

I cannot find the knower, I don't need to, I am the known.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:34 am

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Many producers, but only one consumer? Ridiculous.
Wrong I. It's many consumers, one producer.
*sigh* You can't even keep your own BS straight. If it's many consumers, but only one producer, then we are all separate readers, but the same writer, which is exactly the opposite of what you've been insisting on ad infinitum et ad nauseum. Readers consume; writers produce.
There is only one source/producer/giver ....what comes out of this one are the many ...all the same one appearing different...that's all.
Nope. You already said there are multiple authors. You're stuck with it. Maybe you should take a break until you get your dogma straight; you seem flustered.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:38 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:Many authors appear, but only one reader reads the writing no one ever writ.
See, this kind of {!#%@} is why you face ridicule here. There cannot be writing unless someone writes it.
That's is correct, but this is not known by a someone, you are that knowing that cannot be known.
Nikki Nyx wrote:And there can be no dream unless someone dreams it.
Dreamer and dreamer are one.

Can a dreamer ever be separate from the dream. no one dreams, it's not a someone dreaming, that someone is the dream inseparable from the dreamer...it's the same one.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:39 am

Nikki Nyx wrote: you seem flustered.
that which appears to be flustered, is never flustered for one very good reason, it doesn't exist.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:21 am

placid wrote: Can you know the idea that's in my head right now?
Confusion matched with narcissistic personality disorder :lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: Can you know the idea that's in my head right now?
Confusion matched with narcissistic personality disorder :lol:
Nar, not if you ignore the apparent belief.

Watch the thoughts, they come and go in you, they are not you...because you cannot come and go. Otherwise reality would be fragmented, and it's far from fragmented, my body is all in one piece last time i looked.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:50 am

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:Many authors appear, but only one reader reads the writing no one ever writ.
See, this kind of {!#%@} is why you face ridicule here. There cannot be writing unless someone writes it.
That's is correct, but this is not known by a someone, you are that knowing that cannot be known.
*sigh* I totally know it's placid writing this incomprehensible crap. I would know it if your post were not labeled with your name.
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:And there can be no dream unless someone dreams it.
Dreamer and dreamer are one.
Yes, because you've just typed the exact same word twice. :roll:
placid wrote:Can a dreamer ever be separate from the dream.
Yep. Haven't you ever had a dream you weren't in?
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:09 am

placid wrote:Dreamer and dreamer are one.
Nikki Nyx wrote: Yes, because you've the exact same word twice
Counting and numbers are not Placid's forte. Placid is self taught. :D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:21 am

One of the more humorous aspects of this exchange is that people searching for Advaita web pages will now see these threads and "Placid in action".

That will kill off what's left of the Advaita cult.
:lol:

User avatar
Io
Poster
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Io » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 am

Flacid is what's known as a True Troll, as opposed to a shitposter or spammer or similar. He'll post nonsense that's crudely designed to wind up a forum who are expected to take his writings as genuine. Then, presumably with his mates gathered around or it's just sad, will piss himself laughing at the gullible fools who respond honestly to his dribblings.
He was nearly convincing, but this topic and the Infinite Consciousness one got him so excited that his troll started to show.
But 10 out of 10 up till then Placid.

User avatar
Io
Poster
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Io » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 am

heh, I meant Placid, but hey, same difference.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk Advaita Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:33 am

Io wrote:Flacid is what's known as a True Troll, as opposed to a shitposter or spammer or similar. He'll post nonsense that's crudely designed to wind up a forum who are expected to take his writings as genuine.
Not really. We've been doing this for a long time. We have already made Placid spend three hours deleting all his earlier posts in tears and then apologise to us. This is Placid's third go. :D

http://www.skepticforum.com/search.php? ... start=1080

It's not really Placid who we want. We have a "Seth the channelled alien spirit fan" who was posting such idiotic stuff that the actual original Seth followers joined, to excuse the nonsense that was posted. Why handle the {!#%@} when you can handle the shovel? . :D

(That's why we include "debunk" Skeptic" "Advaita" and related search engine words in each post)

The Advaita Religion has a strict regime to become qualified. Neither Placid or Confidencia know about this. I'm waiting for one of these blokes, from the UK Advaita school to turn up, to excuse Placid's gibberish, so we can see what they say. As Placid is the only Advaita fan on the Isle of Skye, one of them may know him and ring him up to stop. :lol:
Advaita Teachers UK.jpg
http://www.advaita.org.uk/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9780
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:45 am

Well, well. How interesting! First of all, placid, you post ...
placid wrote:...It's many consumers, one producer.
...and then, in your very next post ...
placid wrote:... Many authors appear, but only one reader reads the writing ...
No other posts of yours in between those two, placid. So how is it, do you think in your addled mind, that the two statements are in direct opposition? They each deny the other. Only one can be correct, yet they issued from your mind in extremely quick succession.
This is definitive evidence that you say the first thing that comes into your head which passes your very own Turing Test (Is this or is this not written by a moron). This is definitive evidence that you are either a liar, completely stupid, or very ill. Make up your mind about that and take appropriate action.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Dreamer and dreamer are one.
Nikki Nyx wrote: Yes, because you've the exact same word twice
Counting and numbers are not Placid's forte. Placid is self taught. :D
I wonder if it's potty-trained yet? :P
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:38 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:It's not really Placid who we want. We have a "Seth the channelled alien spirit fan" who was posting such idiotic stuff that the actual original Seth followers joined, to excuse the nonsense that was posted. Why handle the {!#%@} when you can handle the shovel? . :D
Speaking of Seth, someone is conspicuously absent from these proceedings. I've yet to see a post with the sole word "wrong." Perhaps Seth returned to abduct our gorgeous to the great Planet of Confused Philosophies?
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9780
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Gorgeous disappears every time the going gets a little rough. She was conspicuous by her absence when Barry, the self-appointed guru of Seth, came to show us the error of our ways.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Poodle is right. Gorgeous disappears as soon as anyone, who believes the same thing as Gorgeous, turns up. I think there are two reasons. Firstly Gorgeous wants the spotlight and isn't going to share it. Secondly Gorgeous doesn't actually know anything in detail and avoids a fellow believer saying "What do you think Gorgeous?" :D

On another interesting note Advaita teachers do not deny normal physic as Placid and Confidencia do. That is their own invention. They both said they don't read books and are "self taught" which means they haven't a clue what the Advaita religion actually is. :lol:

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 32218
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Gord » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:34 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Many producers, but only one consumer? Ridiculous.
Wrong I. It's many consumers, one producer.
*sigh* You can't even keep your own BS straight. If it's many consumers, but only one producer, then we are all separate readers, but the same writer, which is exactly the opposite of what you've been insisting on ad infinitum et ad nauseum. Readers consume; writers produce.
ad nauseam

That's a misspelling I keep making too. It's an annoying and common mistake: https://stancarey.wordpress.com/2010/06 ... d-nauseam/
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9780
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:48 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Many producers, but only one consumer? Ridiculous.
Wrong I. It's many consumers, one producer.
*sigh* You can't even keep your own BS straight. If it's many consumers, but only one producer, then we are all separate readers, but the same writer, which is exactly the opposite of what you've been insisting on ad infinitum et ad nauseum. Readers consume; writers produce.
Sorry, Nikki - you said this before I did. I wasn't aware. Mea culpa :oops:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:55 am

Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Many producers, but only one consumer? Ridiculous.
Wrong I. It's many consumers, one producer.
*sigh* You can't even keep your own BS straight. If it's many consumers, but only one producer, then we are all separate readers, but the same writer, which is exactly the opposite of what you've been insisting on ad infinitum et ad nauseum. Readers consume; writers produce.
ad nauseam

That's a misspelling I keep making too. It's an annoying and common mistake: https://stancarey.wordpress.com/2010/06 ... d-nauseam/
Oh, damn! Thanks, Gord. Wee dew deep-end awn ewe two bee Ann egg-sample four awl. :P
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 am

Poodle wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Many producers, but only one consumer? Ridiculous.
Wrong I. It's many consumers, one producer.
*sigh* You can't even keep your own BS straight. If it's many consumers, but only one producer, then we are all separate readers, but the same writer, which is exactly the opposite of what you've been insisting on ad infinitum et ad nauseum. Readers consume; writers produce.
Sorry, Nikki - you said this before I did. I wasn't aware. Mea culpa :oops:
No worries! :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Neo Advaita Religion Debunked

Post by mirror93 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Placid is part of a facebook cult, she's been spamming her nonsense in all forums. She is probably a shill. She wants nothing but spam her lies. (See how she never really answer any question, or answer with logic, she always answer with incoherent crap to promote her religion, it's a strategy)
Last edited by mirror93 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
:paladin:

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24231
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:12 pm

:hmm: If users don't disclose their names/identifying info here, maybe we shouldn't do it for them?



ETA In fact, it might be a Level 3 forum violation.


• Posting of the personal private information of other users, i.e. information that personally identifies another user or their family

http://skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2&p=6971#p2
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by mirror93 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:17 pm

scrmbldggs wrote::hmm: If users don't disclose their names/identifying info here, maybe we shouldn't do it for them?



ETA In fact, it might be a Level 3 forum violation.


• Posting of the personal private information of other users, i.e. information that personally identifies another user or their family

http://skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 6971#p6971
I didn't know that, I edited the post
:paladin:

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24231
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:19 pm

So did I - had used the wrong link. :pardon:


(Not that there's anything wrong with taking a look at forum etiquette...)
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Subaru7
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Subaru7 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:58 pm

'
Chuang Tzu and Hui Tzu were strolling along the dam of the Hao River when Chuang Tzu said, “See how the minnows come out and dart around where they please! That’s what fish really enjoy!”

Hui Tzu said, “You’re not a fish – how do you know what fish enjoy?”

Chuang Tzu said, “You’re not I, so how do you know I don’t know what fish enjoy?”

Hui Tzu said, “I’m not you, so I certainly don’t know what you know. On the other hand, you’re certainly not a fish ‑ so that still proves you don’t know what fish enjoy!”

Chuang Tzu said, “Let’s go back to your original question, please. You asked me how I know what fish enjoy ‑ so you already knew I knew it when you asked the question. I know it by standing here beside the Hao.”
.