Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

How should we think about weird things?
User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 am

Aztexan wrote:Matthew doesn't hate you. His ridicule and laughing at you is an act of love.
Yes I know, I was only telling an illusory story about myself.

Known as the story ..aka History.

No thing ever lived, it was all a dream. Nothing ever happened.

Matt is still crying over nothing.
Last edited by placid on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 am

Aztexan wrote:Consciousness is an entity that does not exist until it ceases being
Something has to be for that something to cease...therefore, consciousness cannot ever cease.

Consciousness cannot know death because it is unborn.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:11 am

placid wrote: Matt is still crying over nothing.
I'm not crying. I'm laughing at you. :lol:

Do you remember when you desperately had to delete all your older posts, over three hours, to hide your "I love Hitler" posts.

http://www.skepticforum.com/search.php? ... &start=920

Now that was funny. Do it again! :lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:12 am

Aztexan wrote:
This is fun. You guys should try it. It literally takes no thought to come up with this {!#%@}.
But then it does, because it wouldn't be able to know it takes no thought unless it did.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: Matt is still crying over nothing.
I'm not crying. I'm laughing at you. :lol:

Do you remember when you desperately had to delete all your older posts, over three hours, to hide your "I love Hitler" posts.

http://www.skepticforum.com/search.php? ... &start=920

Now that was funny. Do it again! :lol:
You already did do it again.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: "I love Hitler"
Matt said that, not placid.

The evidence is clear for all to see.

I said actions carried out by action figures aka bodies kill themselves only....As an act of love, because there is only love hating or loving itself, killing or not killing itself...it's all free to do want it wants...there is only IT


This is too funny.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:19 am

Love is not something you do.

You are it.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:21 am

This is too BS. You said what you said (and I have a copy of it, too). You are in denial, which is hardly surprising as your entire philosophy is denial. You can't deny that.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Human Brain Debunk / Calculator Scenario

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 am

placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Secondly, no human brain can calculate really complex mathematical equations so it must be something real and external like the electrons in the calculator.
placid wrote:Firstly, that's because there is no such thing as a human brain.
That would be you Placid. Everyone else reading this thinks they have brains.....and then read your posts and realise some people are just unlucky.

My sympathy to your parents. Did they dump you somewhere? :lol:
Just answer the question.

If placid is the programmer, the program display is dependant on me, without me then there is no electrons doing anything..is that right?
So according to your logic placid must be the electrons as well as being the placid? because placid is the programmer of her own program that she's programming...? :?



Still waiting to see if you can answer the question properly Matt

Still waiting :roll: :roll:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 am

Poodle wrote:This is too BS. You said what you said (and I have a copy of it, too). You are in denial, which is hardly surprising as your entire philosophy is denial. You can't deny that.
Show me where I said the exact words.... ''I love Hitler''

Show please?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:29 am

Poodle wrote:your entire philosophy is denial.
Nonduality is not a philosophy because there is no such thing as Nonduality.

It's all a story told by no one...aka illusory knowledge.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Advaita religion Debunk

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:30 am

placid wrote:So according to your logic placid must be the electrons as well as being the placid?
Although there are very few electrons connecting the synapses in its brain, there are indeed electrons in every atom in its body. :D

It is photons at certain-electro magnetic frequencies, broadcast from the monitor, that are currently being received by your eyes. That's how you are reading the posts.

You really didn't know any of this. Wow. Just Wow.
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 am

placid wrote:Show me where I said the exact words.... ''I love Hitler''
http://www.skepticforum.com/search.php? ... &start=920

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Advaita religion Debunk

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:So according to your logic placid must be the electrons as well as being the placid?
Although there are very few electrons connecting the synapses in its brain, there are indeed electrons in every atom in its body. :D

It is photons at certain-electro magnetic frequencies, broadcast from the monitor, that are currently being received by your eyes. That's how you are reading the posts.

You really didn't know any of this. Wow. Just Wow.
:lol:
But who actually knows this ?

Is it the placid or the electron or the photon or the eye, or the electro magnetic frequencies, or the monitor or the body or the brain or the atom?

Or are they all the same knower?

Who is this you that knows?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:41 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Show me where I said the exact words.... ''I love Hitler''
http://www.skepticforum.com/search.php? ... &start=920
Sorry, I cannot believe a single word you say to me unless you can show me the seeable evidence.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:42 am

placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:your entire philosophy is denial.
Nonduality is not a philosophy because there is no such thing as Nonduality.

It's all a story told by no one...aka illusory knowledge.
OK. Thank you for your non-reply denying that there is anything to nonduality but rather that it is an illusory story about knowledge no one knows. Now - do you believe that the universe has an apricot?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:50 am

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:your entire philosophy is denial.
Nonduality is not a philosophy because there is no such thing as Nonduality.

It's all a story told by no one...aka illusory knowledge.
OK. Thank you for your non-reply denying that there is anything to nonduality but rather that it is an illusory story about knowledge no one knows. Now - do you believe that the universe has an apricot?
An apricot is known, but an apricot has never been seen except as an image of the imageless knower..aka illusory.

Show me the seer of an apricot and then I will believe the apricot is real.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:52 am

No - you don't understand. Not THAT kind of apricot.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:46 am

Poodle wrote:No - you don't understand. Not THAT kind of apricot.
How many kinds of apricots are there?

How many kinds of consciousnesses are there?

Have you ever seen a consciousness?

Show me one?

:lol:

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:48 am

There is an infinite number of apricotkind in an infinite universe.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:50 am

Poodle wrote:There is an infinite number of apricotkind in an infinite universe.
Where's the evidence for that knowing?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:54 am

Ah, Glasshopper ... you wish for evidence when evidence is merely a child's desire for confirmation. Do you not know, deep within, of the Universal Apricot? It comes, it goes, but it embodies each and every apricot in essence. It is complete, the essential fruit, although you surely know it is not a fruit.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:56 am

Poodle wrote:Ah, Glasshopper ... you wish for evidence when evidence is merely a child's desire for confirmation. Do you not know, deep within, of the Universal Apricot? It comes, it goes, but it embodies each and every apricot in essence. It is complete, the essential fruit, although you surely know it is not a fruit.
Yes I know that, so why you asking me if I know?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:01 pm

I ask if you know merely to discover if you know you know. There is knowing and there is knowledge of knowing. Indeed, there is knowledge of the knowledge of knowing, but only those who know truly know this.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Poodle wrote:I ask if you know merely to discover if you know you know. There is knowing and there is knowledge of knowing. Indeed, there is knowledge of the knowledge of knowing, but only those who know truly know this.

The only thing I know is that I do not know that I know.

So what?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Then you do not know what it is you do not know. How can you know you do not know what it is you do not know. Knowledge is that apricot.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Poodle wrote:Then you do not know what it is you do not know. How can you know you do not know what it is you do not know. Knowledge is that apricot.
There is no you to know. The you is the known by that which cannot be known.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 pm

It is the anti-Apricot, yes. You begin to understand. But reject the anti-Apricot. It will lead you only to perdition. Keep to the narrow path of the Apricot itself and do not meander.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Poodle wrote:It is the anti-Apricot, yes. You begin to understand. But reject the anti-Apricot. It will lead you only to perdition. Keep to the narrow path of the Apricot itself and do not meander.
What a lovely story, did you just make all that up .. :roll:

Is that some kind of religion?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 pm

It is the undeniable Truth. The one who does not believe the Undeniable Truth is the Unbeliever!

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Poodle wrote:It is the anti-Apricot, yes. You begin to understand. But reject the anti-Apricot. It will lead you only to perdition. Keep to the narrow path of the Apricot itself and do not meander.
How could one meander from itself, where would it go..?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Poodle wrote:It is the undeniable Truth. The one who does not believe the Undeniable Truth is the Unbeliever!
That's because there is no believer or truth.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:26 pm

There are more places to be than these five. Think on the word 'meander'.

EDIT: You name yourself the Unbeliever. Therefore, you reject the Apricot of Truth.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:30 pm

Poodle wrote:
EDIT: You name yourself the Unbeliever. Therefore, you reject the Apricot of Truth.
What You?

No name can name itself.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9783
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm

You think me the Apricot of Truth? Foolish girl! I am merely the representative of Apricocitude on Earth.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Poodle wrote:You think me the Apricot of Truth? Foolish girl!

No you thought that.

Are you confused who is who here?

I know, the seed is in the fruit, the fruit is in the seed.

All one.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Poodle wrote: I am merely the representative of Apricocitude on Earth.
No, there is no such thing as a representation.

You are the presentation.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5401
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Monster » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:50 pm

placid, what does a person do with this knowledge that you are trying to impart? Is this knowledge usable for anything?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Monster wrote:placid, what does a person do with this knowledge that you are trying to impart? Is this knowledge usable for anything?
Yes, it's very usable, you use in order to know stuff.

Without knowledge informing, what would you know?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Who is the Knower of Knowledge?

Post by Aztexan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Knowledge seeps in thanks to the Great Apricotiness that allows it. Duh.
trump is Putin's bitch