Mass hysteria

How should we think about weird things?
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Re: Mass hysteria

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 am

I doubt Demi was "an employee" of Douglas. Maybe. Hard to say "there is no basis in her claim" when you come out as he has done................ He ought to be about ready to retire........will/should anyone care?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 am

That was a joke... from `94. I should have added a :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:50 am

.........well, "where's the joke?" Disclosure was about Demi harassing him so the dynamics just don't work.

Ha, ha..............I know its a bummer, but if you have an explanation as to what the joke is, there might still be a residual chuckle?

After GI Jane, Demi had a film persona as a tough gal..........unwanted harassment would have gotten you a broken jaw?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 am

That he finally did get caught for harrasment - unlike in Disclosure where he beat the rap. Don`t over think it.

(Further... that the mere accusation proves the charge - as in Hillary, remember? :lol: )

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Ah..........well, I haven't seen any news on Michael Douglas, so I don't have that context.

Hillary was all about the substance of the charges/violations of law THAT SHE ADMITTED TO OUT OF HER OWN MOUTH. remember?

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Are you talking of using a private email server for confidential material, Bobbo?

Sure, she did. But several of Trumps team have already been caught doing exactly the same thing and no disciplinary action has been taken.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:01 am

Lance: yes. TJ and I (and possibly yourself as well) have gone round and round on the issue. (I think I do mean twice?) From memory, I think TJ REFUSES TO EXERCISE HIS COMMON SENSE for some reason and so allows himself to engage in disinformation that no court has convicted Hillary, therefor its unreasonable to form a private conclusion. Course....no human does not in fact form private conclusions............but I haven't noticed him condemn anyone in similar circumstance. He might be into his garden just that much?

Anyone that doesn't think Hillary and Bill are as corrupt as can be just doesn't pay attention. There is a mountain of evidence to that point................whether you support her or not.............and I've said I would have voted for her over Trump........but that does not negate the plain simple OBVIOUS truth.

The one semi-legitimate point I think is all the dust thrown up in the air. In the main, that Hillary had no intent to misuse Government information. It semi-legit because lots of crimes do require "conscious intent" but National Security does not. so....if you want to hang your hat on a technical legal provision, you can do that....even when such provision is not true.

I perceive TJ's position has moved towards common sense.......but, people hate growing. Know what I mean Lance?

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:36 am

Bobbo

Pretty much each and every American politician is corrupt to some degree. Bill and Hillary Clinton are probably the same. But failing to vote for Hillary was, in effect, a vote for Trump, who was way worse.

I know! Why don't you Americans lock up all your politicians. The USA and the world would be better off for it!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:43 am

Lance: billiary mark a high point for corruption through and through. They also are practicing Masters as evidenced by they have fooled you into thinking they are just like everyone else. Its more evidence TJ refuses to apply his common sense to: "broke" on leaving the Whitehouse, but now worth 100's of Millions...........because their books sales were so phenomenal. Its FRAUD right in our faces........but legal unless you overstep the bounds. "The Best democracy money can buy."

I did not vote. In California: no need. I think Hillary carried the State by 30 points? Why vote if it doesn't make a difference? Unless you like meaningless symbolism?????

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:53 am

J.K.Rowling is a billionnaire. Making money on book sales is not illegal.

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:05 am

Don`t ever let Bobbo sit on a jury.... Guilty until proven innocent. Or is that just for Hillary?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:18 am

Well TJ==THAT is certainly not valid. Its only after A MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE FROM HER OWN MOUTH is available that as a private citizen viewing a political issue that is context for my opinion that she clearly and obviously violated the National Security Act. That being the case, the more important question really is: Why didn't law enforcement/FBI/Comey prosecute her? You don't get to that more important question if you don't find her guilty in your own estimation first.

Can you see that your position is one that engenders the very fraud that disgusts us all? Wait for the corrupt system to form your own opinions?

I don't think so.

..................................... THINK for yourself.

.....and by the way: I would make an excellent juror. I'd love to have a case that called for jury nullification.......like about any victimless crime. The morality does bother me if during selection we all have to swear to follow the judges instructions. What should I do if I'm willing to not follow the law? Heh, heh....think I read about a mistrial and an arrest for tampering when one juror said in open court he believed in jury nullification. Judge had to start with a new jury panel as everyones PINK EARS got violated.

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Well TJ==THAT is certainly not valid. ...

`Tiss too.

EDIT... Thanks, I had to look up Jury Nullification - what a great concept, juries in effect making their own laws, or at least determining which laws they think are valid. I could see it used for Snowden if treason were charged.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 am

Snowden would get a pass from me (so much for letting court trials establish guilt?). but I would be motivated for a whole list of lesser crimes....like petty crimes facing life in prison for third strike, probably prostitution arrests, drug possession even for the hard stuff ....etc.

I mean, its much like my dispute with you right now: I am not an automaton to just do what I'm told. No....I'm going to use my own best faculties not only to the facts and law presented to me........but also for the underlying justice of it all.

Jean Valjean could get fat on bread in my jury service.

Return to “Skepticism and Critical Thinking”