Where do I begin?

How should we think about weird things?
Lausten
Persistent Poster

Re: Where do I begin?

Postby Lausten » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:16 am

MattMVS7 wrote:How is it childish to think that the only thing that matters in life is living forever and being happy? It is just a different value in life. Some people find value sacrificing their lives and happiness while others do not. It does not make one person childish and another mature. One person (the person who wants to live forever and be happy) should not be looked down upon and called names such as childish. This person is just different and has different values in life.

I'm reading Greta Christina's latest book, and she addresses that very question. I doubt you'll get it, but I can see some value in answering for anyone who might ask that same question. Finding happiness in sacrificing isn't something you just decide to like or not. By definition, "sacrificing" is giving up some happiness in the short term with the expectation of getting some happiness later. A child doesn't have a sense of where they will be in 2 years or ten years. An adult should. A child doesn't know where they fit in the world and that their actions affect others. An adult should.

Valuing your own happiness over the happiness of others is not just different, it's a qualitatively worse choice of values.Other people are currently doing things to make your life better, whether you realize it or not. A child is allowed to make that choice because it takes years to develop an understanding of what it means. Once you're an adult, it's expected that you get it, and depending on how you express that choice, you may not be able to participate fully in adult society.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:37 am

Lausten wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote:How is it childish to think that the only thing that matters in life is living forever and being happy? It is just a different value in life. Some people find value sacrificing their lives and happiness while others do not. It does not make one person childish and another mature. One person (the person who wants to live forever and be happy) should not be looked down upon and called names such as childish. This person is just different and has different values in life.

I'm reading Greta Christina's latest book, and she addresses that very question. I doubt you'll get it, but I can see some value in answering for anyone who might ask that same question. Finding happiness in sacrificing isn't something you just decide to like or not. By definition, "sacrificing" is giving up some happiness in the short term with the expectation of getting some happiness later. A child doesn't have a sense of where they will be in 2 years or ten years. An adult should. A child doesn't know where they fit in the world and that their actions affect others. An adult should.

Valuing your own happiness over the happiness of others is not just different, it's a qualitatively worse choice of values.Other people are currently doing things to make your life better, whether you realize it or not. A child is allowed to make that choice because it takes years to develop an understanding of what it means. Once you're an adult, it's expected that you get it, and depending on how you express that choice, you may not be able to participate fully in adult society.

I think I can't change and that it is impossible to change. I have truly compared all other experiences in my life and nothing compares to my feelings of bliss. So it is not a matter of me being childish. It is a matter of a logical conclusion. I have concluded that my feelings of happiness are truly the only experience in my life that can ever bring joy and meaning to my life since no other experience compares. Trust me, I have been at this for years. I have struggled with anhedonia and depression for years to know enough that this is truly the case.

So I would NEVER sacrifice that. I would NEVER sacrifice the idea of me living forever in eternal bliss since I have logically concluded that it is all I truly have in my life to bring joy and meaning to my life.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:42 am

You can lead a horse to water, but you damn well can't make it drink.

(Slightly paraphrased from somewhere else)

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:14 am

The usual canned response. Didn't expect much more. I still have hope for the boy, but I'm not attached to it.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:34 am

I understand too well.

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:49 am

Lausten wrote:The usual canned response. Didn't expect much more. I still have hope for the boy, but I'm not attached to it.

Is there a way for me to damage my brain and render myself into a blissful, happy, severly mentally handicapped state? i don't care who I am as a person. I don't care if I have a mentally handicapped personality. All that matters is that I feel happy in life and look forward to an eternal blissful afterlife after I die. My feelings of bliss and my belief in the afterlife were my inspiration for composing. They were my only reason for composing and living. I was wanting to learn how to compose since I have created great music in my mind.

Now that I have lost both of those things, there is no reason at all for me now to pursue my composing. I don't care if I were a genius in a pretend situation and changed the entire world. As long as I don't have those things I need, then it was all empty and meaningless to me. So my composing dream is now completely empty. I have no choice now but to sacrifice it as well as my personality through brain damage.

What areas of my brain would I have to damage in order for me to be blissful? I also wish to be very ignorant and stupid as well since that stupidity would retain my belief in the afterlife. It is me being just a tad bit smart that has led me to be skeptical of the afterlife. I don't want that. I don't want to be a skeptic. I don't belong in the skeptical world. I belong in a happy world in which I can live a meaningful happy life.

So how would I go about damaging my brain?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:10 am

Not sure if you haven't already done so, somehow. It's rather unwise to elicit such advise as you (pretend, imho) to be seeking now...

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:32 am

MattMVS7 wrote:I swear I am going to kill someone here.

Reported for banning.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:33 am

MattMVS7 wrote: If this thread dare gets locked, then I will use my fist and shatter through back into it. It is no different than locking me out of a room. I will use my fist and shatter through that locked door.

Reported for banning.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:36 am

MattMVS7 wrote:[So how would I go about damaging my brain?

Reported for threatening suicide again, to allow banning.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:58 am

Not only is there no doctor that would do something like that for you, there is no theology that supports it. This happy and blissful lifer after death is a concept that comes from religion, but you skip over the part where you work for God while you're here on earth. You don't just get to be happy and play video games all day. You're supposed to be worshiping. Some say you should be visiting people in prison and feeding the poor. Others say you should be sacrificing goats. None of them describe a life like the one you want. No one supports you in any of this.

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:10 am

Lausten wrote:Not only is there no doctor that would do something like that for you, there is no theology that supports it. This happy and blissful lifer after death is a concept that comes from religion, but you skip over the part where you work for God while you're here on earth. You don't just get to be happy and play video games all day. You're supposed to be worshiping. Some say you should be visiting people in prison and feeding the poor. Others say you should be sacrificing goats. None of them describe a life like the one you want. No one supports you in any of this.

I believed in a loving caring God in the past who expected none of these things from me. A God who was just there all for me to make me happy.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:13 am

Lausten wrote:Not only is there no doctor that would do something like that for you, there is no theology that supports it. This happy and blissful lifer after death is a concept that comes from religion, but you skip over the part where you work for God while you're here on earth. You don't just get to be happy and play video games all day. You're supposed to be worshiping. Some say you should be visiting people in prison and feeding the poor. Others say you should be sacrificing goats. None of them describe a life like the one you want. No one supports you in any of this.

Lausten....He's never actually played computer games. There is not one part of his story that is true.

Enter "Can a nerd strangle a bully with his legs" into google search and note all the science and skeptic forums that returns hits from about three years ago. :D

"Where do I start....well from as far back as I can remember I've been bullied. ...... I even tried taking my own life by trying to choke myself with a belt. How do I get my life back?"

He established his new "legend" or back story on "The Legend of Zelda" forum and posted his music compositions there........before moving to psychiatric, skeptic and science forums. :D

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:17 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:

Lausten....He's never actually played computer games. There is not one part of his story that is true.

Enter "Can a nerd strangle a bully with his legs" into google search and note all the science and skeptic forums that returns hits from about three years ago. :D

"Where do I start....well from as far back as I can remember I've been bullied. ...... I even tried taking my own life by trying to choke myself with a belt. How do I get my life back?"

He established his new "legend" or back story on "The Legend of Zelda" forum and posted his music compositions there........before moving to psychiatric, skeptic and science forums. :D

This is actually my last and final composition. I have lost all inspiration and am giving up right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzj9Cw5EJjM

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:45 am

MattMVS7 wrote: This is actually my last and final composition.
That's not your music. You stole that from iSkylineLP. :lol:

Here is his page of recordings that you stole from. ( I have informed the original composer)
https://www.youtube.com/user/themorningafteramvs

You also left his name, ISKYLINELP in the top left hand corner of the video.

Here is your music recording from the same day, that you did make yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWy5PobwUtA

You really sloppy at this current trolling attempt.

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:50 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: This is actually my last and final composition.
That's not your music. You stole that from iSkylineLP. :lol:

Here is his page of recordings that you stole from. ( I have informed the original composer)
https://www.youtube.com/user/themorningafteramvs

You also left his name, ISKYLINELP in the top left hand corner of the video.

Here is your music recording from the same day, that you did make yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWy5PobwUtA

You really sloppy at this current trolling attempt.

No, I really did make that one myself. Show me the song (the youtube link) that you think I stole from. I stole a video, but not the song.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:57 am

MattMVS7 wrote: No, I really did make that one myself.

You stole his music and video. :D

What synthesizer did you use?

What drum sample set did you use?

What multi-track software did you use?

Is the phasing effect......
1) a modulated roll off filter ( phasing)
2) a modulated fast echo (flanging)
3) A slowly modulated doubling ( chorus)

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:00 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: No, I really did make that one myself.

You are just making an untrue assumption here again. Not everything is as it appears. I did steal his video, but you are just blindly assuming I stole a song. In FL Studio, I made a placement of a simple pattern of notes. I used Sytrus in FL Studio. I used 3 presets (instruments) in Sytrus to create that song.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Answer the questions

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:05 am

MattMVS7 wrote: I did steal his video.

MattMVS7
Poster

Re: Answer the questions

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:08 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: I did steal his video.

The other music I made was bad because it was plucked on a keyboard. But we have software nowadays to make our lives easier and to make an even amateur musician look good. So I used the FL Studio software. This was actually a really simple song to make despite out good it sounds. All it really is is just a pattern of simple notes and nothing more. The presets in Sytrus just made it sound really good when, in reality, it is nothing more than a series of simple notes I have placed.

Also, he makes AMVS. He does not make compositions. There is a difference here. AMVS use already existing songs from musical artists. I made my own song and added it to his video.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:27 am

MattMVS7 wrote: The other music I made was bad because it was plucked on a keyboard. But we have software nowadays to make our lives easier .......
You are lying again. You posted two "compositions" simultaneously on the 17th of June. Your own "composition" on a Casiotone and the song you stole from iSkylineLP.

MattMVS7 wrote: The presets in Sytrus just made it sound really good when, in reality, it is nothing more than a series of simple notes I have placed.

How can a synth modulate two existing tracks? :lol:

What FX preset was that again? :lol:

MIXER_1024x1024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:31 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: The other music I made was bad because it was plucked on a keyboard. But we have software nowadays to make our lives easier .......
You are lying again. You posted two "compositions" simultaneously on the 17th of June. Your own "composition" on a Casiotone and the song you stole from iSkylineLP.

MattMVS7 wrote: The presets in Sytrus just made it sound really good when, in reality, it is nothing more than a series of simple notes I have placed.

How can a synth modulate two existing tracks? :lol:

What FX preset was that again? :lol:

MIXER_1024x1024.jpg

I used the same synth for different channels. Each channel had its own preset (instrument) used. To settle this issue once and for all, then check through all his videos. You will see that I stole none of his songs. He does not have this song on his youtube channel at all.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:35 am

MattMVS7 wrote: I stole his video.

MattMVS7 wrote: I used the same synth for different channels.

You are lying again.

How did you sync the modulation, if you used the same keyboard for two different tracks? :lol:

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:37 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: I stole his video.

MattMVS7 wrote: I used the same synth for different channels.

You are lying again.

How did you sync the modulation, if you used the same keyboard for two different tracks? :lol:

He has VERY few videos. Search through them all and you will clearly see that song is not there in any of his videos.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:40 am

MattMVS7 wrote:I stole the video

MattMVS7 wrote:He has ....

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:42 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote:I stole the video

MattMVS7 wrote:He has ....

Alright, so you are well aware that I created this song then and you are just having a fun time with me then.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:48 am

MattMVS7 wrote: I stole the video
MattMVS7 wrote: Alright, so you are well aware that I stole this song then and you are just having a fun time with me then.
No. Stop lying.

You already admit you stole someone else's video.

You are now unable to explain how you recorded the song you stole, because you stole it.

On the very same day you loaded up your own pathetic attempt at music.

How did you sync the modulation, if you used the same keyboard for two different tracks?

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:56 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: Alright, so you are well aware that I stole this song then and you are just having a fun time with me then.
No. Stop lying.

You already admit you stole someone else's video.

You are now unable to explain how you recorded the song you stole, because you stole it.

On the very same day you loaded up your own pathetic attempt at music.

How did you sync the modulation, if you used the same keyboard for two different tracks?

You then get rid of those laughing face icons in your post here to make yourself look serious so that I can then take you serious so that we can continue our little game. It is clearly obvious to me that you know I made this song because all you have to do is search through the very few videos he has made and you will clearly see that song isn't there. The fact that you reject means you are, in fact, just playing around with me. As for your question, I did not manually play a keyboard. I placed notes in the exact same positions for each track. I then used Sytrus for each of those tracks, each with a different preset (instrument) of its own.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:08 am

MattMVS7 wrote: You then get rid of those laughing face icons in your post here to make yourself look serious so that I can then take you serious so that we can continue our little game.
No.......I'm laughing at you......We all are. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MattMVS7 wrote:It is clearly obvious to me that you know I'm lying
I fixed your sentence for you :lol:

So have you forgotten in 24 hours, how you recorded two track with the same synthesizer and magically got the modulations on those two different tracks to be in perfect synch?

Do you even know what synchronised effect modulation is, at mix-down? :D

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:10 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: You then get rid of those laughing face icons in your post here to make yourself look serious so that I can then take you serious so that we can continue our little game.
No.......I'm laughing at you......We all are. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MattMVS7 wrote:It is clearly obvious to me that you know I'm lying
I fixed your sentence for you :lol:

So have you forgotten in 24 hours, how you recorded two track with the same synthesizer and magically got the modulations on those two different tracks to be in perfect synch?

Do you even know what synchronised effect modulation is, at mix-down? :D

Like I said, I placed the notes in the EXACT same position. That is why they are in perfect synch and pitch.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:24 am

MattMVS7 wrote: Like I said, I placed the notes in the EXACT same position.
Phase shift modulation of two audio tracks, using an FX send at mix down, has nothing to do with the notes does it?

Why do you lie so much and steal other people's work?
:lol:

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: Like I said, I placed the notes in the EXACT same position.
Phase shift modulation of two audio tracks, using an FX send at mix down, has nothing to do with the notes does it?

Why do you lie so much and steal other people's work?
:lol:

What makes you think I stole the song when you saw that it wasn't on his youtube channel?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:33 am

MattMVS7 wrote: What makes you think I stole the song when you saw that it wasn't on his youtube channel?

You stole his video, which you already admit and then stole someone else's music and claimed it all as your own.

You can't explain how you recorded the music and don't understand what multi-tracking and mix down FX sends are.

You then on the same day loaded your own "composition" which was done on Audacity free editing software.

The other thing is you have absolutely no musical talent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:44 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: What makes you think I stole the song when you saw that it wasn't on his youtube channel?

You stole his video, which you already admit and then stole someone else's music and claimed it all as your own.

You can't explain how you recorded the music and don't understand what multi-tracking and mix down FX sends are.

You then on the same day loaded your own "composition" which was done on Audacity free editing software.

The other thing is you have absolutely no musical talent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will this convince you that I made the song? What I am going to do here is upload the exact same song. This time with different instruments. That will show you that I made the song.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:49 am

Actually, I can believe that it's the work of MattMVS7 - it's only seven notes long.

On the other hand, I suspect that those seven notes, in that exact sequence, could be found in Do Re Mi from the Sound of Music.

On the other hand again, nicking someone else's video is as bad as nicking someone else's music. "No, Your Honour, it merely LOOKS like Leonardo's painting. That brushstroke in the lower left corner is all mine."

MattMVS7
Poster

Postby MattMVS7 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:53 am

Poodle wrote:Actually, I can believe that it's the work of MattMVS7 - it's only seven notes long.

On the other hand, I suspect that those seven notes, in that exact sequence, could be found in Do Re Mi from the Sound of Music.

On the other hand again, nicking someone else's video is as bad as nicking someone else's music. "No, Your Honour, it merely LOOKS like Leonardo's painting. That brushstroke in the lower left corner is all mine."

No, that sequence is made by me and is not found in that song. I did not steal that sequence from any song.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:54 am

MattMVS7 wrote: This time with different instruments. That will show you that I made the song.

No. I can do that with any song, but as you have probably worked out I do produce records, and can hear edits, phase errors, compression gates and so on.

Load up the same composition again but with one varying (different) melody track. in the completed work that has been FX processed at mix down.

You can't do it can you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:02 am

Poodle wrote:Actually, I can believe that it's the work of MattMVS7 - it's only seven notes long.

He's lying. the composition he stole has been mixed down with a number of separate tracks sent to the same modulating effects processor using an effects bus at mixdown. That's why they modulate in sync.

He claims he entered the notes in exactly the same "spot" on separate tracks , which has nothing to do with it and doesn't cause modulation.

He stole the video from one bloke and admits to that theft, and stole the music from another bloke.

Let's see if he can vary the melody on one track of the exact same recording and through the same FX send and processor as his original. I already know that he can't do that and I'm keeping a little surprise for him when he does post his "evidence" :D

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:04 am

MattMVS7 wrote:

No, that sequence is made by me and is not found in that song. I did not steal that sequence from any song.

Matt - it's a very short sequence. I can virtually guarantee that an identical sequence can be found in many, many other pieces of music. But tell me - why are you so certain that it isn't found in Do Re Mi?

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:06 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:

He's lying. the composition he stole has been mixed down with a number of separate tracks sent to the same modulating effects processor using an effects bus at mixdown. That's why they modulate in sync.

He claims he entered the notes in exactly the same "spot" on separate tracks , which has nothing to do with it and doesn't cause modulation.

He stole the video from one bloke and admits to that theft, and stole the music from another bloke.

Let's see if he can vary the melody on one track of the exact same recording and through the same FX send and processor as his original. I already know that he can't do that and I'm keeping a little surprise for him when he does post his "evidence" :D

Oh, I know full well he's lying. It's what he does, all the way down to his imaginary illness.

Return to “Skepticism and Critical Thinking”