Infinite Consciousness

How should we think about weird things?
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28925
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 am

placid wrote: Yes, but potential is latent, kinetic is dynamic. One is moving inside the other which does not move...otherwise if there was no constant non-mover, movement would not be detected / known.
Say that again as a coherent sentence. :lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:30 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: Yes, but potential is latent, kinetic is dynamic. One is moving inside the other which does not move...otherwise if there was no constant non-mover, movement would not be detected / known.
Say that again as a coherent sentence. :lol:
Knowing anything is relative to itself only...which is not-knowing.

Every known thing springs from not-knowing...aka the source of all known things aka awareness that cannot be known because it is no thing.

No thing is not an experience, thing is the experience.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:51 am

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:I'm already perfect.
Perfection is the self-centered delusion of the fatally flawed.
It's just a story.
I agree that your claim of perfection is fiction. See? We can find common ground. :mrgreen:
Yes, common ground, the ground of all being. Just the same one energy appearing different.
You ruined it.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: Yes, but potential is latent, kinetic is dynamic. One is moving inside the other which does not move...otherwise if there was no constant non-mover, movement would not be detected / known.
Say that again as a coherent sentence. :lol:
Someone needs to program placid's random BS generator with more vocabulary.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 am

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:Really? Your idea of a comeback is, "Nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo?" :roll: My 5yo niece can do better than that, ffs.
Okay but, do I actually care about better. I'm already perfect.
Perfection is the self-centered delusion of the fatally flawed.
It's just a story.
I agree that your claim of perfection is fiction. See? We can find common ground. :mrgreen:
Yes, common ground, the ground of all being. Just the same one energy appearing different.
if the energy is different then it's not the same one energy anymore lol
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:41 am

placid wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote: Defeat the enemy called "I".
The ''I'' is not the enemy.

The one claiming the ''I'' is the enemy, let's be clear here.

Lets try not spread disinformation.
The one claiming the ''I'' is the enemy, let's be clear here.

Here placid assumes there is the 'person' claiming the 'I' is the enemy. which she herself assumes the existence of you that is claiming it, someone claiming it...... with your own free-will, she clearly contradicted all her previous posts
Last edited by mirror93 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am

placid wrote:There is a heaven but no one lives there.
Of course no one lives there, who would you expect to be living in heaven? your god ?
Last edited by mirror93 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:45 am

placid wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:You say you have answers but also say you have none.
You are the one who makes the answer.
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:51 am

placid wrote:
renancastro wrote: I know that some of you will be like "There is no life after dead" , but try to understand my view to debunk this retarded 'New Age crap.
let me correct you Placid...


There is no life after death because there is no life after death

Your whole OP is a ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶ post ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ that is stored in this forum, it does not "appear", it's here, in the forum,, and it was made in Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:49 am

from somewhere, not going somewhere :lol: , not leaving somewhere :lol: , not returning somewhere :lol: .
placid wrote:
renancastro wrote: There is ONLY here.
Really Placid, there is only your house??? What's so special about there? In your country, in your city, in your home
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 am

placid wrote:
renancastro wrote: Even if after life there's a wave field and we all gonna be in form of energy, what's the prove that we all gon' be together?
There are proofs out there, with people who did OBE and saw devil entities, etc.. (which can be pure imagination) but even though, people who had NDE has never seen any connection between people..
There are no people, there are only ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶.̶.̶.̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶ ̶s̶i̶l̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶.
"there are no people"
that shows why you love Hitler

there are no people, except skeptics that bother placid when she post incoherent religious advaita BS on this forum.

image or 'imageless', 'silence' making sounds , great phrases :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Still trying to understand what that even means.
:paladin:

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9048
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Aztexan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:31 am

Why you gotta be brining up old {!#%@}?
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 32202
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Gord » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:06 am

It's not that old.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Aztexan wrote:Why you gotta be brining up old {!#%@}?
because there is no time according to placid, so let's ignore the past, and believe it's only ever now, so this post is not old
:paladin:

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9048
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Aztexan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:10 am

placid has vanished
Or maybe we all imagined her :shock:
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 32202
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Gord » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:36 am

Aztexan wrote:placid has vanished
Or maybe we all imagined her :shock:
Oh no, not another one!

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 am

Aztexan wrote:placid has vanished
Or maybe we all imagined her :shock:
She does this. A few weeks of nodding-buddha-style-ranting and then a classic huffy march-out. But she comes back, unfortunately, and repeats the whole performance. Placid IS Groundhog Day. Groundhog Day IS Placid.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11296
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Beware the hides of March.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm

TJrandom wrote:Indeed - we are all one... in that eventually, we will all be nothing more than dust, or whatever matter results from being consumed by our dying sun, eventual black hole, etc. What that means for you now, means nothing in the long run – so enjoy the fantasy.
are you into new agey pantheistic bs stuff too? i thought this was a skeptic forum, we are not one
:paladin:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:32 pm

mirror93 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Indeed - we are all one... in that eventually, we will all be nothing more than dust, or whatever matter results from being consumed by our dying sun, eventual black hole, etc. What that means for you now, means nothing in the long run – so enjoy the fantasy.
are you into new agey pantheistic bs stuff too? i thought this was a skeptic forum, we are not one
I think TJ was coming from the scientific standpoint that we're all made of the same matter, which wooists turn around to brag that they're made of "starstuff." :P At which point, I heartily wish they would find a remote place to go supernova. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by mirror93 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Indeed - we are all one... in that eventually, we will all be nothing more than dust, or whatever matter results from being consumed by our dying sun, eventual black hole, etc. What that means for you now, means nothing in the long run – so enjoy the fantasy.
are you into new agey pantheistic bs stuff too? i thought this was a skeptic forum, we are not one
I think TJ was coming from the scientific standpoint that we're all made of the same matter, which wooists turn around to brag that they're made of "starstuff." :P At which point, I heartily wish they would find a remote place to go supernova. :mrgreen:
yes from a scientific standpoint kinda makes sense about our bodies, "same" matter, we don't need to use that hippy quote tho
:paladin:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:57 pm

mirror93 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Indeed - we are all one... in that eventually, we will all be nothing more than dust, or whatever matter results from being consumed by our dying sun, eventual black hole, etc. What that means for you now, means nothing in the long run – so enjoy the fantasy.
are you into new agey pantheistic bs stuff too? i thought this was a skeptic forum, we are not one
I think TJ was coming from the scientific standpoint that we're all made of the same matter, which wooists turn around to brag that they're made of "starstuff." :P At which point, I heartily wish they would find a remote place to go supernova. :mrgreen:
yes from a scientific standpoint kinda makes sense about our bodies, "same" matter, we don't need to use that hippy quote tho
I'm guessing he was being satirical.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens