Infinite Consciousness

How should we think about weird things?
User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31366
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Gord » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:16 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Confidencia wrote:... You see, all the books you have read, all the tit bits of information you have collected and furnished your mind with yet you can't understand the most simplest. :lol:

Well, Confy, I expected that kind of response from you. Just a small point ... 'most simplest' is a double superlative. Bad form, old chap!
His blather here is a perfect example, Poodle. In addition to the redundancy, it's not a sentence since it lacks a verb, and the word is 'tidbit,' not 'tit bit.' :lol:

Actually, titbit is the non-American spelling. Although tidbit goes back to about 1650, titbit is only a few years older, around 1690.
However, these original uses were referring to edible items; in connection to items of interesting information, titbit was used first followed shortly after by tidbit (something like 1708 and 1735, respectively). Tid probably referred to something tender, and tit referred to something small.

My spellchecker prefers titbit.

Very cool, Gord! I didn't know that. To me, 'titbit' sounds like the tissue excised during a mastectomy. :P

I didn't learn "titbit" until I was in my twenties, and it's always sounded wrong to me. But then again, so do "titmouse" and "titular". And I still read the phrase "an album cover" as "anal bum cover".
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8885
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Aztexan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Aztexan wrote:I am one with the collective singularity. Only when I am awake am I one with the individual masses.
Until death, we are ignorant of the meanings presented. It is only after we die, that the consciousness awakens and continues its journey towards immobility driven by restlessness and dreams.
Dude, it's totally rude to bogart the bong. Why you Jeffing my Sessions?


:shb:
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby mirror93 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 am

Confidencia wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Indeed - we are all one... in that eventually, we will all be nothing more than dust, or whatever matter results from being consumed by our dying sun, eventual black hole, etc. What that means for you now, means nothing in the long run – so enjoy the fantasy.


that doesn't mean "we are all one". we simply aren't.


:lol: 93, are you just posting for the sake of posting? It is so painfully obvious that all is one, how can you not see it?


No, I can't see it, because if I could, it would be true, you're the one affirming it is the truth, but you have nothing to support your statement, just fallacies. Are you one with your cellphone? what does that even mean??? are you connected with anyone?? what does that even mean? you're no better than any frustrated new-ager, we are not one, that's the fact you can't admit.


You mean you don't want to see, there is a difference :lol: Alright I'll give you the kindergarten version. I will keep it to simple and essential because that is all that matters when all is said and done. I will not go into the stuff that goes through your tiny little mind because that my friend is irrelevant and non - essential. Now as a body if you don't get food you will die. As a body if you don't get water you will die. As a body if you don't get sleep you will die. As a body you were born, as a body you are going to die. As a body you are going to be reborn. But don't get me wrong what you are now, when you die will be gone for ever. A new body/person with a new identity will be born. But the source of the body the CONSCIOUSNESSES will be the same because there is only one consciousness this is your true identity (hint hint) it goes nowhere nor does it come from anywhere it is now and always, here and everywhere.

Now before you reply with your nonsense ponder over it, ruminate over it, look at it from all angles, don't just take it word for word. USE YOUR INTELLIGENCE AND THINK FOR YOURSELF!!


the good and old neo advaita/chopra trick, ignore the words "in", 'me', 'I', 'my', 'mine' and 'I have', add your words, and then preach your sermons of consciousness and "formless" "unborn" "being" or whatever illogical senseless {!#%@} u morons sermonize ....... LOL, fact is, it's not "as", it's "in", I am in a body. I am a person and I possess MY body and you possess yours, and I have a consciousness, and I will die just like everyone else, that doesn't prove jack of this "permanent" "untouched" "unaffected" "unborn" BS "CONSCIOUSNESS" you're talking about, go watch more Rupert Spira and gtfo
93 (Quatrevingt-treize), a novel concerning the French Revolution by Victor Hugo

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Gord wrote:I didn't learn "titbit" until I was in my twenties, and it's always sounded wrong to me. But then again, so do "titmouse" and "titular". And I still read the phrase "an album cover" as "anal bum cover".
Video's blocked from my country. :cray: Isn't "anal bum cover" redundant? A couple I didn't learn until I was well into adulthood...
• It's card sharp, not card shark.
• The phrase is, "You've got another think coming," not, "You've got another thing coming." Judas Priest has a lot to answer for, not to end a sentence which a preposition, which I didn't. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9393
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Poodle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:13 pm

I always thought 'Blessed art thou, a monk swimming' was a Catholic peculiarity.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Poodle wrote:I always thought 'Blessed art thou, a monk swimming' was a Catholic peculiarity.
Think that's weird? What about the evangelicals' "Gladly, the Cross-Eyed Bear?" :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9393
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Poodle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 pm

:lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 14331
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Confidencia wrote: Fundamentally words do not convey facts.

I had moved on to the real world when I remembered this gem when seeing this admirable quote: "Words form the thread on which we string our experiences." -Aldous Huxley, novelist (1894-1963). My own version of this is: "We think with words and flower with ideas." Words are how we think...some fascinating developmental linguistics here...I considered it as a profession for awhile but WAR intervened.

Card Shark: misused so often, it has entered the language. Thats evolution.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31366
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Gord » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:07 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gord wrote:I didn't learn "titbit" until I was in my twenties, and it's always sounded wrong to me. But then again, so do "titmouse" and "titular". And I still read the phrase "an album cover" as "anal bum cover".

Video's blocked from my country. :cray:

Mine too! I just assumed it would be viewable from you country because I couldn't see it in mine.

Isn't "anal bum cover" redundant?

It's from a Saturday Night Live skit, where celebrity contestants on Jeopardy behaved like idiots.

Try this link instead: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yp1o1

A couple I didn't learn until I was well into adulthood...
• It's card sharp, not card shark.
• The phrase is, "You've got another think coming," not, "You've got another thing coming." Judas Priest has a lot to answer for, not to end a sentence which a preposition, which I didn't. :mrgreen:

My friend grew up thinking the phrase was "wise beyond his ears" rather than "wise beyond his years". He also thought the phrase made no sense and wondered why people kept saying it. :mrgreen:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Confidencia wrote: Fundamentally words do not convey facts.
Even though I have you on ignore so I can avoid exposure to your word salads, I can't let this one pass.

Facts are statements that can be proven using evidence. "One and one equal two," is a fact I've just conveyed to you using words. :roll:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gord wrote:I didn't learn "titbit" until I was in my twenties, and it's always sounded wrong to me. But then again, so do "titmouse" and "titular". And I still read the phrase "an album cover" as "anal bum cover".

Video's blocked from my country. :cray:

Mine too! I just assumed it would be viewable from you country because I couldn't see it in mine.
Probably only viewable in Lichtenstein. :mrgreen:
Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:Isn't "anal bum cover" redundant?

It's from a Saturday Night Live skit, where celebrity contestants on Jeopardy behaved like idiots.

Try this link instead: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yp1o1
Now I remember!!! "We need more...shpeed."

Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:A couple I didn't learn until I was well into adulthood...
• It's card sharp, not card shark.
• The phrase is, "You've got another think coming," not, "You've got another thing coming." Judas Priest has a lot to answer for, not to end a sentence which a preposition, which I didn't. :mrgreen:

My friend grew up thinking the phrase was "wise beyond his ears" rather than "wise beyond his years". He also thought the phrase made no sense and wondered why people kept saying it. :mrgreen:
:lol: I shouldn't be laughing; it's misunderstandings like these that brought us "should of." :no:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31366
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Gord » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:53 am

Gord wrote:I just assumed it would be viewable from you country because I couldn't see it in mine.

your
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Confidencia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:50 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Fundamentally words do not convey facts.
Even though I have you on ignore so I can avoid exposure to your word salads, I can't let this one pass.


You should have. I could do without the dressing.

Facts are statements that can be proven using evidence.


You can prove anything provided you trust your proof. A fact is self evident therefore does not need any supporting evidence such as a statement. If it is governed and influenced by desires or fears then it is not a fact.

"One and one equal two," is a fact I've just conveyed to you using words. :roll:


You are merely giving me an interpretation, expressing a conventional view point using symbols. A symbol is not a fact regardless of how they are put together. One and one may equal two but it also makes eleven; it all depends on how you look at it.

You can use symbols anyhow you like to say whatever you like. If you arrange them in a way they are accepted within societies framework of accepted conventions, you will have what in common parlance is known as a fact.

In reality your facts are nothing but fancies. Here today gone tomorrow.

Dubious
New Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Dubious » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:12 am

The only thing infinite about consciousness is the lack of it when you croak.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Confidencia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Dubious wrote:The only thing infinite about consciousness is the lack of it when you croak.


When you croak it spells the end of brain consciousness, not the consciousness as a whole. That remains unaffected by the death of a body. You bear witness to this every time there is a birth and a death.

Birth and death happens all the time. For every split second of every moment, there is a birth and a death. The Rhythm of it is just like the beating of your own heart or the movement of your breath. One in, one out. One in, one out...

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28315
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Confidencia wrote: When you croak it spells the end of brain consciousness, not the consciousness as a whole.
That remains unaffected by the death of a body.
Show us your evidence for this aspect of your bizarre religion. You can't can you? :lol:

Dubious
New Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Dubious » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 pm

Dubious wrote:The only thing infinite about consciousness is the lack of it when you croak.

Confidencia wrote:When you croak it spells the end of brain consciousness, not the consciousness as a whole. That remains unaffected by the death of a body. You bear witness to this every time there is a birth and a death.

What part of consciousness do you suppose remains after you subtract brain consciousness?

Confidencia wrote:Birth and death happens all the time. For every split second of every moment, there is a birth and a death. The Rhythm of it is just like the beating of your own heart or the movement of your breath. One in, one out. One in, one out...

So what else is new? I figure you're in when you're born and out when you croak! C follows B and you're right back where you started from, a place called Nowhere! Nothing like a fresh start!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28315
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 am

Dubious to Confidencia wrote: What part of consciousness do you suppose remains after you subtract brain consciousness?
Confidencia is a failed Advaita Vedanta cult member and only spams conflicting Chopra-esque gibberish in different threads. I'm trying to lock him down in one thread, here......
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28988

Dubious
New Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Dubious » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:46 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Dubious to Confidencia wrote: What part of consciousness do you suppose remains after you subtract brain consciousness?
Confidencia is a failed Advaita Vedanta cult member and only spams conflicting Chopra-esque gibberish in different threads. I'm trying to lock him down in one thread, here......
https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28988


Many require their own consoling myths while they're still brain conscious. When that flatlines it won't make the least difference what views were held or whether you were St. Francis or Hitler. Ideas like those espoused by Confidencia take the place of that which is so simple yet thoroughly unfathomable by a living brain namely death which collapses one's existence into nothing. The placeholder of a counter proposition is required to keep such people steady. Personally, I have no problem accepting nothing as conclusion, the ultimate anesthetic!

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31366
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Gord » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:02 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Dubious to Confidencia wrote: What part of consciousness do you suppose remains after you subtract brain consciousness?
Confidencia is a failed Advaita Vedanta cult member and only spams conflicting Chopra-esque gibberish in different threads. I'm trying to lock him down in one thread, here......
https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28988

Well that didn't work. :P
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 am

Dubious wrote:
Dubious wrote:The only thing infinite about consciousness is the lack of it when you croak.

Confidencia wrote:When you croak it spells the end of brain consciousness, not the consciousness as a whole. That remains unaffected by the death of a body. You bear witness to this every time there is a birth and a death.

What part of consciousness do you suppose remains after you subtract brain consciousness?


The whole of it! Brain consciousness is only an idea in the consciousness. In the beginning it is pure in the end it is pure, in the middle it becomes contaminated by the imagination with ideas of separation.

Confidencia wrote:Birth and death happens all the time. For every split second of every moment, there is a birth and a death. The Rhythm of it is just like the beating of your own heart or the movement of your breath. One in, one out. One in, one out...

So what else is new? I figure you're in when you're born and out when you croak! C follows B and you're right back where you started from, a place called Nowhere! Nothing like a fresh start!


There is nothing new. But it is just as you say, you are born and you die. In between these two points you grow to some relative perfection. This cycle of birth and death repeats itself on an infinite loop. It is never ending unless of course you want it to end. But not by means of suicide, this is only a restart of the same situation. Consciousness is the medium in which all of this takes place. This medium comes from nowhere and goes nowhere, it just appeared in the same way you did.

Being born through your mothers womb is how it is told , not how you experience it.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: When you croak it spells the end of brain consciousness, not the consciousness as a whole.
That remains unaffected by the death of a body.
Show us your evidence for this aspect of your bizarre religion. You can't can you? :lol:


It is right in front of your eyes, get out of your sock and look .

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9393
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Poodle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: When you croak it spells the end of brain consciousness, not the consciousness as a whole.
That remains unaffected by the death of a body.
Show us your evidence for this aspect of your bizarre religion. You can't can you? :lol:


It is right in front of your eyes, get out of your sock and look .

No - it's really not. Show us the evidence, rolled up in a sock or not. Simple - come up with the goods. Job done,

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby placid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:46 pm

Poodle wrote:No - it's really not. Show us the evidence, rolled up in a sock or not. Simple - come up with the goods. Job done,


Show us the evidence of the ''One'' who seeks evidence.

Please show .. :sinking:
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9393
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Poodle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Well, I'll put this very simply, placid. There was Matthew, as evidenced by his post, and there was me, as evidenced by my post. If those posts are not acceptable to you as evidence of our posts and, therefore, the ones who did the posting, then every single one of your own posts and Confy's posts are not acceptable as real and, therefore, there is no discussion. Which way would you like it?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22526
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Oh, they only speak where they are spoken to. The way they like it is here, the only place on the whole wide web that doesn't kick them out. :lol:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby placid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Poodle wrote:Well, I'll put this very simply, placid. There was Matthew, as evidenced by his post, and there was me, as evidenced by my post. If those posts are not acceptable to you as evidence of our posts and, therefore, the ones who did the posting, then every single one of your own posts and Confy's posts are not acceptable as real and, therefore, there is no discussion. Which way would you like it?


If Matthew is the evidence of the one who seeks evidence, then the concept religion is his own creation, so why is he asking for evidence?

Doh! :neener:
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby placid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Fundamentally words do not convey facts.
Even though I have you on ignore so I can avoid exposure to your word salads, I can't let this one pass.

Facts are statements that can be proven using evidence. "One and one equal two," is a fact I've just conveyed to you using words. :roll:


The word Consciousness is not what Consciousness is just as the word Water is not the actual Water.

All concepts are creations of the mind.

Does the mind exist as a fact?

Lets see if we can find the mind ....when you can show me your mind..that will be evidence that you're statement be fact.

What is it that knows one and one equal two?

Awareness knows that's what knows, all words spoken and written are understood simply as mind’s stories and interpretations.

These stories are not the actuality of awareness. They’re just examples of mind reassuring itself that a mental state of awakeness actually exists because it can be conveyed in words. However, awakened awareness is aware of story as story and there is no confusing story as anything other than imaginary.

This knowing is self verifiable by direct perception (knowing without the mental narrative of knowing). This is so because awakened awareness is non-conceptual prior to language.

That which knows mind is awareness - but mind does not know awareness. As it is, awareness can never be found or known by mind... Ever...and that's what we aka no one are talking about so get you're crooked facts straight.
Something clever should go here.

Dubious
New Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Dubious » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Confidencia wrote:Brain consciousness is only an idea in the consciousness. In the beginning it is pure in the end it is pure, in the middle it becomes contaminated by the imagination with ideas of separation.


Yes! brain consciousness is only an idea in consciousness but only because there is a brain to have, hold and contain an idea which requires consciousness to create. Do you know of any human creations, art, science, whatever that didn't start off as an idea imagined within the infrastructure called a brain?

You can think what you like but simply making declarations and assertions doesn't convince anyone. Asking for proof of what you state is equally absurd but you should at least strive to give it a degree of probability instead making vague statements that even if perchance understood, don't add up.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28315
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Show us your evidence for this aspect of your bizarre religion. You can't can you? :lol:
Confidencia wrote:It is right in front of your eyes, get out of your sock and look .


No. That simply means you don't have any evidence and can't provide any. Bad luck loser. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28315
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 pm

placid wrote: Please show .. :
Well Poodle is my friend and I can vouch for him. ...and you placid are the forum member who wrote
placid wrote: ...Hitler's execution of the Jews was an act of love
Did you forget again? :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28315
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm

placid wrote:If Matthew is the evidence of the one who seeks evidence, then the concept religion is his own creation, so why is he asking for evidence?

1) You registered and logged on to a Skeptic forum that demands evidence
2) You then made a claim on the Skeptic forum that demands evidence
3) The skeptics asked you for evidence
4) You then say don't have any

Are you really that thick?
:lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby placid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:If Matthew is the evidence of the one who seeks evidence, then the concept religion is his own creation, so why is he asking for evidence?

1) You registered and logged on to a Skeptic forum that demands evidence
2) You then made a claim on the Skeptic forum that demands evidence
3) The skeptics asked you for evidence
4) You then say don't have any

Are you really that thick?
:lol:

I don't know, but I'm not as thick as you, that much I do know.

Stop evading the issue, this is about you assuming Confid's ideas were of religious nature, that came from you not Con...Con never mentioned the idea of religion...you then asked Con to provide evidence of an idea that was your own creation...if religion exists for you then the onus is on you to find the evidence not project your own creation onto another as if they invented it....go and find your own religious evidence and stop expecting other people to do your dirty work for you....that's you just being a lazy git.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby placid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: ...Hitler's execution of the Jews was an act of love
Did you forget again? :lol:


Oh oh ooooh, hang on a minute while I go back in time and check out my memory box, you know, that store of information that's as dead as a door nail...Hmm, guess going back in time is better than hanging around this empty place here that lives on the edge of not knowing anything...but at least I can always go and visit my phantom friend the memory of stories past when ever I want to know something...Yep, I'll do that then because I really do get off on shagging dead things, it really gives me that sense of being alive now, and that's all I care about...being alive.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
kennyc
Has No Life
Posts: 12221
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby kennyc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Take two aspirin and repost in the morning...
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8885
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Aztexan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm

We're gonna need something stronger
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby placid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:24 pm

kennyc wrote:Take two aspirin and repost in the morning...



by Aztexan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm

We're gonna need something stronger


Sorry to hear you guys have a low pain threshold, but drugs are not the answer, they only mask the issue, hope you feel better soon and are able to get to the root of your pain in the hope of a cure.

Although there is no cure for the human condition, so at least try to endure it, if you are not sure how, an animal will show you how it's done gracefully and effortlessly.

Be well.
Something clever should go here.

karen_bubblegum
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby karen_bubblegum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:43 pm

renancastro wrote:I was reading some pseudoscience, to get some laughts, when I read a text that said that "We are all one" after death. Meaning that "I am you", and "you are me". We are all connected after life, We are all one "infinite consciousness", and we are all love, blah blah

What's the evidence? That we all gonna be like "connected" , etc?
If after life everything's a hell ? With Clows, Devil Entities? (I know It's a retarded idea, but who knows? If they say absurd claims, I can too) Even if after life there's a wave field and we all gonna be in form of energy, what's the prove that we all gon' be together?
There are proofs out there, with people who did OBE and saw devil entities, etc.. (which can be pure imagination) but even though, people who had NDE has never seen any connection between people.. or "pure love" etc..
I know that some of you will be like "There is no life after dead" , but try to understand my view to debunk this retarded 'New Age crap.



There's a slim chance the writer came from a different universe, where the conscious entities didn't evolve from protein, hence no need for neuro-networks that decompose with a dead body and prevent that "all is one" meta-shit.
Welcome to the Omni World

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31366
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby Gord » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 pm

placid wrote:Be well.

Titbit.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
kennyc
Has No Life
Posts: 12221
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Postby kennyc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Fundamentally words do not convey facts.
Even though I have you on ignore so I can avoid exposure to your word salads, I can't let this one pass.

Facts are statements that can be proven using evidence. "One and one equal two," is a fact I've just conveyed to you using words. :roll:


The word Consciousness is not what Consciousness is just as the word Water is not the actual Water.
.....


Raw Water huh? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mad ... 5c1b14303d
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama


Return to “Skepticism and Critical Thinking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest