Are You a Moron?

How should we think about weird things?
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4724
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Are You a Moron?

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:47 am

An Aussie lady quoted in this article will help you answer that question:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/08/dan ... us-empire/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7847
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Aztexan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:27 am

No?
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:22 pm

This must be an important question if it's being asked twice.

No. Also, no. :mrgreen:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4724
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:This must be an important question if it's being asked twice.


It's not that important. Take another guess.

Yes, it's sad.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm

New drummer, same drum solo.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10180
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Yes...........and No. Just as it should be.

I read the article WANTING to be a moron. A nice brake to my natural leaninngs, after all, I'm only human.

does the USA have a long History of doing almost nothing but lying? Yes.....just like every other National on Earth.

Here's the rub that makes the article/author 95% irrelevant: No one "always" lies. And thats the challenge. Not to go 100% ape {!#%@} in face of 95% lying.

I think Kim Jung is given too much credit for being "rational" in his pursuit of Nukes. He is spending all kinds of money on this when his own citizens are starving to death. Rational?==>if so, making that label not worth much.

Is KJ on a a steady march to getting a nuke tipped ICBM capable of taking out the USA?==>Yes.

Is that a concern?===>Yes.

Should USA do a Nuke first strike on KJ to stop this march?===>Not until all other options are assessed.

A lesser option: shoot down all missiles. Let KJ think about his next move. If its Nukes or all out assault on SK==> still, use our Nukes only if absolutely necessary--which it isn't. Conventional should be able to do it although too few assets are in place right now.......or........after looking at that excellent YOUTube on NK vs SK military...maybe not.

Its fun to beat up on Trump.........but exclusively doing that and nothing else, is very Trumpish in itself.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:06 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Its fun to beat up on Trump.........but exclusively doing that and nothing else, is very Trumpish in itself.
It also wastes the probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hold the Democratic Party's feet to the fire regarding its neoliberalism...which is exactly what neoliberals want. "Pay attention to the dangerous clown in the WH...and ignore the fact that we're also capitalistic plutocratic warmongers."
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4724
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:58 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:This must be an important question if it's being asked twice.

No. Also, no. :mrgreen:


"It's sad," as Trump would say, that I am a moron and double-clicked on the OP. You can't delete a post after someone responds, and I didn't notice the double post until there were responses to both.

I'm going to report myself to Pyrrho, and maybe he can do something short of banning me.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10180
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 am

Pick one thread and go to the other one and edit your post to say "Use the Dupe". Only the morons will continue to post on that other thread. Might even become the more popular one.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:07 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Only the morons will continue to post on that other thread.

Sweet!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Tom Palven wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:This must be an important question if it's being asked twice.

No. Also, no. :mrgreen:


"It's sad," as Trump would say, that I am a moron and double-clicked on the OP. You can't delete a post after someone responds, and I didn't notice the double post until there were responses to both.

I'm going to report myself to Pyrrho, and maybe he can do something short of banning me.
Making a mistake doesn't qualify you as a moron. You know I was just joking, right? My humor tends toward biting sarcasm; I apologize if that wasn't clear. My comment was not intended to be insulting, Tom. Peace?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10407
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Pyrrho locked the one for morons. Now what'll we do?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10180
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:20 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:Pyrrho locked the one for morons. Now what'll we do?

We could petition to keep it open?.................. like fly paper????......... (or a warm bed?)

Its a real puzzler.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:31 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:Pyrrho locked the one for morons. Now what'll we do?

Awwwww.





...I'm responding to this here, then:

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:Welcome to the Moron Thread!

This is the thread where all us morons are allowed to post. I hope this will be as much fun for you as it will for me!

Best thing that has happened since Moroni invented the radio.

Awwwww, Pyrrho locked the one for morons. Now we'll have to disperse across the forums like a plague! Or like a plaque, if you're into that.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10180
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 am

Better: would be to BOYCOTT the locked thread. Ha, ha..........Pyrrho had no choice. The dignity of the Forum was in the balance........imagine it closing in on the Fake Trump Holocaust Thread?

It would be: "as" the Plague.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 am
Location: Middle Of Nowhere

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:24 am

'Are You a Moron?'

Surely a genuine moron would suffer from Dunning-Kruger syndrome and answer 'no'. So on that basis I say 'yes'.
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26356
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:34 am

Cygnus_X1 wrote:'Are You a Moron?' Surely a genuine moron would suffer from Dunning-Kruger syndrome and answer 'no'. So on that basis I say 'yes'.


Hi Cygnus. I hope you are well.

I think you are overestimating Morons. If they were true Morons they would be posting on normal typewriters and wondering why no one was replying.
:D

KevinLevites
Poster
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby KevinLevites » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 am

I hope I'm not a moron...but if I was a moron, wouldn't I believe that I wasn't one?

Is this sort of like the alcoholic who never believes that (s)he is an alkie while everyone around him or her knows that (s)he is one?

If it helps, I didn't vote for Trump.

User avatar
Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 am
Location: Middle Of Nowhere

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:47 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Cygnus_X1 wrote:'Are You a Moron?' Surely a genuine moron would suffer from Dunning-Kruger syndrome and answer 'no'. So on that basis I say 'yes'.


Hi Cygnus. I hope you are well.

I think you are overestimating Morons. If they were true Morons they would be posting on normal typewriters and wondering why no one was replying.
:D


Ah...but are true morons related to true Scotsmen ?
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Gord » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:36 pm

KevinLevites wrote:I hope I'm not a moron....

That reminds me of a poem from my high school yearbook. Beneath one student's picture, it reads:

See the happy moron,
He doesn't give a damn.
I wish I was a moron.
My God, perhaps I am!

When his mother saw that, she was incensed. She called the school and demanded to know who had submitted that poem to be placed beneath her son's photograph. And she was on the school board, so when she demanded that kind of information, she always got it.

Turned out, he had submitted it himself. :heh: She was not happy.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Monster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Monster » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Are You a Moron?

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

KevinLevites wrote:I hope I'm not a moron...but if I was a moron, wouldn't I believe that I wasn't one?

That is called the Dunning Kruger effect.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8109
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Poodle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Don't need to read the article ... I'm not a Moron 'coz I don't live in Salt Lake City.

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby digress » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Please re-open the other thread. I'd like to post this there.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Gord » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:17 pm

digress wrote:Please re-open the other thread. I'd like to post this there.

Post it here. This is the other thread now.

There can be only one.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Wait...if this is the other thread, where's this thread?! :blink:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:57 pm

I think this has been posted there already?
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Gord » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:Wait...if this is the other thread, where's this thread?! :blink:

Here it is! viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28513&p=599091#p599074
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:44 am

Stop switching them around! It's freaking me out! :nuts:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Phoenix76
Poster
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:16 am
Custom Title: Phoenix76
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Phoenix76 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:30 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Yes...........and No. Just as it should be.

I read the article WANTING to be a moron. A nice brake to my natural leaninngs, after all, I'm only human.

does the USA have a long History of doing almost nothing but lying? Yes.....just like every other National on Earth.

Its fun to beat up on Trump.........but exclusively doing that and nothing else, is very Trumpish in itself.


We don't often agree Bobbo, but I believe the thrust of your argument is right. The US can't go first. It would be condemned world wide, and it would be wrong. That would prove a lot of people correct, that the US is just a warmongering bunch of capitalist ......

What I have seen so far is Trump responding to idiot threats from Kim something. It would appear, but not guaranteed, that Kim has backed off a little in that he responded he wouldn't fire at or near Guam just now, unless Trump did something to provoke him.

Of course the impending war games with South Korea come 21st this month, is exactly the provocation this nut would need.

No, I don't believe I'm a moron, even though I'm Australian like the author in question. But what I do believe is that if our chubby little mate, Kim, does attempt to lob something near Guam, the US will reply by trying to shoot down the missile, a very difficult task. Regardless of the US's success or not, I believe the US will then launch an attack on North Korea. Nukes or not, North Korea will probably be obliterated. Will China stay out? Who knows. They have said they will stay neutral provided the US doesn't start it.

Trouble is that the collateral damage could be immense. Japan, South Korea, China itself - it does border North Korea. Perhaps the US pulled out of Korea to soon back in the '50's. Didn't finish the job.

Anyway, if this all makes me a moron, so be it.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4724
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:31 am

Phoenix76 wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Yes...........and No. Just as it should be.

I read the article WANTING to be a moron. A nice brake to my natural leaninngs, after all, I'm only human.

does the USA have a long History of doing almost nothing but lying? Yes.....just like every other National on Earth.

Its fun to beat up on Trump.........but exclusively doing that and nothing else, is very Trumpish in itself.


We don't often agree Bobbo, but I believe the thrust of your argument is right. The US can't go first. It would be condemned world wide, and it would be wrong. That would prove a lot of people correct, that the US is just a warmongering bunch of capitalist ......

What I have seen so far is Trump responding to idiot threats from Kim something. It would appear, but not guaranteed, that Kim has backed off a little in that he responded he wouldn't fire at or near Guam just now, unless Trump did something to provoke him.

Of course the impending war games with South Korea come 21st this month, is exactly the provocation this nut would need.

No, I don't believe I'm a moron, even though I'm Australian like the author in question. But what I do believe is that if our chubby little mate, Kim, does attempt to lob something near Guam, the US will reply by trying to shoot down the missile, a very difficult task. Regardless of the US's success or not, I believe the US will then launch an attack on North Korea. Nukes or not, North Korea will probably be obliterated. Will China stay out? Who knows. They have said they will stay neutral provided the US doesn't start it.

Trouble is that the collateral damage could be immense. Japan, South Korea, China itself - it does border North Korea. Perhaps the US pulled out of Korea to soon back in the '50's. Didn't finish the job.

Anyway, if this all makes me a moron, so be it.


It's hard to believe that the US would launch an attack on N. Korea, but then I couldn't believe that Dubya launched the unprovoked Shock and Awe on Iraq, so all bets are off.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6001
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Flash » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:16 am

A nuclear war on the Korean peninsula would probably make Fukoshima out of Koreas, Japan, parts of China and Russia, Vietnam and maybe even Philippines.

There is a UN partial treaty designed to to prevent the atmospheric and underwater nuclear tests to avoid making the entire planet into Chernobyl or Fukoshima. Even the North Korea tests it's nukes underground.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
Phoenix76
Poster
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:16 am
Custom Title: Phoenix76
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Phoenix76 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:11 am

Tom Palven wrote:

Code: Select all

It's hard to believe that the US would launch an attack on N. Korea, but then I couldn't believe that Dubya launched the unprovoked Shock and Awe on Iraq, so all bets are off.


Different times I feel Tom. Having seen what's happened in the middle east etc, I don't think that even Trump would initiate action.

Not saying that Trump needs a lot of provocation, but if Mr. Kim drops a missile anywhere near Guam, then I believe it's on for all. Hope Kim can hold back because he is putting his people's future on the line.

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6001
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Flash » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:14 pm

I think we have veered away from the important question who is a moron.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10180
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:34 pm

Flash wrote:I think we have veered away from the important question who is a moron.

Well.........this is exactly what morons DO! For myself: the key to a Nuke attack on NK is to use those low radioactive neutron bombs. "Ideally"..... USA could take all of NK out with zero damage to any other country. History: you never know what the right move is...... only morons do.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4724
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby Tom Palven » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Flash wrote: For myself: the key to a Nuke attack on NK is to use those low radioactive neutron bombs. "Ideally"..... USA could take all of NK out with zero damage to any other country.


Very pragmatic.

Criminally insane, but pragmatic.

With Bannon out, McMaster may have his way:
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/08/20/whit ... rth-korea/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10407
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Are You a Moron?

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Flash wrote:I think we have veered away from the important question who is a moron.


:scratch: Isn't every post in this thread answering that? Including mine and thine?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero


Return to “Skepticism and Critical Thinking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest